Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 8 December 2014

2nd Christmas Tea in December


Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and makes everything more beautiful. ~ Norman Vincent Peale


Hello tea friends and welcome to another 
Christmas Tea Time! 

Last week we talked about how much like a friendly village blog land is. It has never been more apparent to me than after seeing the outpouring of love and compassion when I posted my prayer requests for my son and my uncle. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and God bless you all!

...Perhaps that is the true gift of a teatime celebration: It fills our cups with joy and warmth and friendship. May the echo of the teacup's message be heard not only at Christmas, not only on special occasions, but anytime friends come together. ~ Emilie Barnes

I have been busy baking and getting ready for the holidays. I know all of you have been as well. So, let's have a little tea break.

This is my main Christmas tree this year. I have hung all of my miniature teacups on this tree.




I found this beautiful Royal Albert Christmas Rose teacup at an antique shop last summer and I am happy to be showing it off today.



It is in good company with another holiday teacup and the pretty teapot my son and his wife gifted me with three years ago. 



This is Royal Stafford with a lovely holly motif; perfect for the holidays! I like the green trim.



I am using my Queen's Season's Greetings dessert plates for our tea. I think this pattern is so sweet with the toys gathered beneath the tree.


The butter knife is vintage from my mother's silver, Evening Star.

The tiered stand was a find last summer for ten dollars that I found in New Brunswick and the pattern is called Jardin Secret. It had retailed previously for fifty dollars; a pretty good deal. I know it's not a Christmas piece but I decided to use it anyway.


The party's on, the feeling's here,
That only comes this time of year,
Simply having a wonderful
Christmastime. ~ Wonderful Christmastime by Paul McCartney

The sweets on the top are some baking that a friend who came for tea the other day brought me. Fruit shortbread and chocolate peanut caramel fudge; yum!




Tea is a time in which we were perfectly contented with ourselves and one another. ~ Charles Dickens



We are having a cream tea today. I haven't had one in a while. Please help yourself to a scone, some strawberry jam, and Devonshire cream.
 


I cut the fruit scones into rounds instead of triangles and drizzled them with an almond glaze.



The sun has set and the tea table is bathed in a soft glow. I'm so happy you are here!



Next week, December 15th, I will be hosting my Old-fashioned Christmas Tea. I hope you will be able to join me for that.



Love came down at Christmas,
Love all lovely, Love Divine,
Love was born at Christmas
Star and Angels gave the sign. ~ Christina Rossettie

I am delighted you have joined me today and if you have anything tea related please link up below. Have a beautiful day everyone!



I am joining the following parties as well~

A Return to Loveliness
Tea Cup Tuesday
Tea Cup Tuesday
Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Friends Sharing Tea
Share Your Cup Thursday
Home Sweet Home



Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

36 comments :

  1. What a beautiful Christmas Tea, Sandi! I love your Christmas tree. I bought a new one this year, but haven't been able to put it up yet because we're still in a renovation project. Ug! So glad to read the praise report for your son. Continued prayers for both he and your Uncle. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello
    quelle chaleureuse ambiance
    pour le partage d'une thé party
    le sapins est scintillant
    et j'adore la parole de Dickens
    qui est un de mes auteurs favoris
    je pense au noël
    de EBENEZER SCROOGE
    tendresse
    edith (iris) France

    ReplyDelete
  3. All so very pretty and YUMMY ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandi, your tree is beautiful! I found the same December teacup this summer, too, and am giving it to my husband next week for his December birthday. Those dessert plates are beautiful, too, and those scones look wonderful. What a nice and cozy tea table you have set.
    Have a wonderful week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post!
    Your Christmas tree is so beautiful and the treats look really delicious.
    I hope to link up with Tea Time Tuesday in the future (doing tea, coffee, or hot chocolate), even though my posts will not be as beautiful as yours, and the others shared here...
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi. Thanks for your prayers...much appreciated! And so happy to hear your good news. Your setting is lovely! And a gorgeous tree! I won't be doing a lot of decorating, but the heart is there! Thanks for hosting and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dishes . . . lovely place setting . . . yummy food . . . what more could one ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sandi, you know that I always enjoy coming to your tea parties. Today's tea is so beautiful! I love all the teacups, the teapot, your dessert dish and your tiered tray. I'm especially wanting one of your scones with my tea today. Did you make them? They look so festive and yummy with the glaze. Thank you for hosting your tea near your pretty tree and fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought the Royal Albert Christmas Rose teacup for my best friend whose birthday is this month. I know that she's really going to love it. Each year for her birthday, I take her to a special Christmas tea at an old plantation home.
    Your Christmas tree is beautiful and red and white transferware fits in so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a charming Christmas Tea; a cream tea for those of us who can never have too many sweets! Scrumptious goodies, pretty china and lovely company, all aglow from a treat of a tree, make your setting so very welcoming.

    Thanks for sharing, Sandi.

    Have a lovely week.

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tree is beautiful, and the teapot is exquisite. I wouldn't mind tasting those scones..they look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your scones are pretty with the candied cherries, Sandi. I'm sure they taste good too. I'm glad your son's surgery went well and I hope and pray that your uncle's health will improve.
    Your Christmas tree is beautiful. It looks professionally done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tree is beautiful Sandi, pink and girly like I knew it would be.
    I see you did make the fruit scones and they look delicious, wish I could join you for cream tea.
    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi,
    Your tree is really pretty! I love the December cup! I need to speed up the Christmas prep around here. You look like you are well on your way to a beautiful Christmas time!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sandi,
    I am so pleased that your son's surgery went well. I pray that he has a speedy recovery and that your uncles'positive attitude will give you all strength. I do believe in miracles. Your Christmas china is so lovely today and the tiered cake plate is very pretty! I wish I could try your baking! It looks scrumptious! I am very behind in my baking with two birthdays in our family but I will get to it eventually. Thank you for hosting tea time today. Take care, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your C'mas tree with the pink ribbons and the gorgeous setting with the holiday teacup by RA.
    Thank you for hosting this lovely party sweet lady. So happy you are back with us.
    Happy holiday season.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Sandi: Your Christmas tea cups and teapot are so beautiful. And your tiered serving tray looks exactly right with everything else. Those Christmas treats look so delicious! What a post! It is so well done..Thank you..Auntie P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Christmas tree is so beautiful, Sandi! I also like your December teacup. A really lovely teatime today. Blessings, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your tree is beautiful! Those scones look extra delicious, and I really like the china you shared today. The dessert plates are really cute. I was very happy to read about your son, including that he may have recovered hearing. My thoughts remain with your uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's so nice to see another Christmas Rose tea set.. your fruit scones looks absolutely yummy ... You always make people feel so welcomed at teatime. The tree is looking rather festive and happy with all the bountiful ribbons cascading down...( Nice idea) ...Wishing you a fabulous week...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sandi,
    What a lovely tea! I wish I could join you. As the daughter of an English Mum, I love Devon cream. To get it here in Oregon I must rptravel to Portland and pay outrageous sums for a jar imported from England. Do you buy yours or do you have a recipe that closely resembles the real thing? I would appreciate it if you do!!
    Many thanks in advance. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Sandi,
    It is a pleasure to visit you today! Your Christmas tea time is so very lovey. All your festive tea ware looks beautiful,and your tree too! So gorgeous! I was sorry to hear about your son and uncle. I will keep them in my prayers.
    Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your Christmas tree is lovely this year Sandi! Hope I wasn't too late joining the party...lol....I was running behind getting my post up this week....hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your sweet christmas tree. The porcelain is gorgeous and very romantic as usual
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your tea is lovely, Sandi.

    I love the pink tea-themed Christmas tree - doesn't get much prettier than that.

    Thank you for hosting. I am happy to share an exquisite afternoon tea party I was just blessed to have been asked to attend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Sandi: Love your Christmas Tea! Your table is beautiful. It looks so good. Have a great week dear friend. Hugs, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful tree. Those scones look beyond yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your Christmas china is all so festive and beautiful! And what a wonderful way to display your little teacups! You are always such a gracious host, Sandi! Thank you so much. I'm so happy to link up this time for tea!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sandi, your Christmas tree is so beautiful! I love how you decorated it with the ribbon. Wish I could have tea with you and try one of your scones, they look so pretty and delicious! Love your Christmas dishes! I also have a December teacup. Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful week.
    Blessings, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, Sandi, this is such a beautiful post! I love the gorgeous teawares, and the food looks delightful. I've never made *fruit* shortbread but must give that a try. And that is the most perfect-looking fudge I've ever seen. With your elegant tree in the background and all the twinkling lights, this is simply magical!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Sandi, your pictures are beautiful and inviting and made me think - even in the hard times, He gives beauty. Hugs and wishes for you and your family to have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Olá querida, passei por aqui para agradecer sua doce presença
    no meu cantinho.Obrigada !!!
    Abraços, Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sandi,
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words.... I have been so busy lately that I have not been able to do much visiting and I apologize for that. I love your red transferware dishes but you knew that i would, right?
    Another beautiful post as always, my friend!!
    wishing you and your family a Joyous Christmas season!!

    Many Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello Sandi, I just love your tree! Your second Christmas tea is beautiful - looks quite inviting and delicious! I will be featuring your post in this week's A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a lovely tea! I am off to fix a cup right now....

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.