Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 29 September 2014

Fun and Fanciful for Tea Time Tuesday


Life is like a cup of tea....it's all in how you make it.~ Irish Proverb

Hello friends and welcome to my last Tea Time Tuesday in September!

Well, Autumn is in full swing here and we have had some lovely warm days with nippy nights. Jack Frost has been paying us a visit over night more often and my lovely yellow begonias have finally succumbed. But, in their place are pumpkins. It is that time of year, after all!

The gold finches' plumage is fading from their brilliant yellow but they are liking our new bird feeder as do the purple finches.



These little feathered friends will be with us for the winter months, I'm happy to say.

Now on to my tea....I am excited to share a new teacup with you this week! I have been keeping my eyes open for red transferware teacups for years and finding none. I had pretty much given up hope of ever finding any around here. Then, lo and behold, I walked into a shop one day and found this.


Do you remember what it was like to be a little girl walking into a candy store? Well, that is how I felt when I saw this little beauty. I'm sure my eyes grew as big as saucers. You know I did a happy dance.

Where there is tea, there is contentment, hope, and friendship.

You see, I have one red toile teacup without its saucer, and three red Burleigh teacups without their saucers. I have lots of red transferware bowls, plates, and teapots, but no teacup sets. I have been pairing my red teacups with creamy white saucers but I longed for a set.


So I was pretty pleased to find this one. She was pricey but worth it!



This teacup is called {red} Felicity and it's made by Burleigh Staffordshire, England.


Happiness is having a cup of tea in a red transfer ware teacup!

This is their breakfast cup and saucer; my happy cup for either coffee or tea.


This teacup makes me feel young at heart. I suppose it's because it reminds me of the wonderful era of the 60's and 70's.  

Felicity is a small delicate flower pattern reminiscent of elder flowers originating from the 1930's. I just love the old-fashioned pattern, don't you?



While reading up on my new teacup here, I was fascinated by the way in which Burleigh makes their pottery. I had dabbled in ceramics at one time therefore I was most interested in Burleigh's process.


Internet
Notice the tissue paper. This is an example where tissue paper is transferred on to a piece of biscuit ware. This is where my pattern came from. Neat, eh?



This teacup goes naturally with all of my red transferware teapots but I am using this one today. This is Hubby's and my favourite red teapot. 



I thought my little cow creamer would add a bit of whimsy. I take my tea black but she is very cute and was made in Staffordshire, England as well. She was a gift from a good friend. Perhaps you take milk in your tea.



Now, let's enjoy some tea and cookies, shall we? 



Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, fresh from the oven. I will share my recipe later in the week.



I am enjoying my favourite David's Pumpkin Chai tea.




Next week we will be into the month of October and as you all know it is Breast Cancer Awareness month. 


Pink is the theme colour so I thought it would be fun to do pink tea posts for the month of October. Now, perhaps you are a blue person and don't own any pink china. Blue with a vase of pink posies would be perfect. 

We have all been touched by cancer in one way or another so let's show our support by sharing Pink for October. Hope you can join me!

Thank you for joining me for Tea Time today. I do enjoy your company so please come back again soon. Have a delightful day everyone!


This is the day which the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. ~ Psalm 118:24


I am joining the following parties as well~

 A Return to Loveliness
 Tea Cup Tuesday
 Tea Cup Tuesday
 Tuesday Cuppa Tea
 Tea in the Garden
 Share Your Cup Thursday
 Home Sweet Home



 Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

28 comments :

  1. Good morning Sandi! I Love your new Burleigh teacup! I love Burleigh and red transferware, so perfect! Thanks for the reminder about breast cancer awareness. I like the pumpkin chai tea as well...that's one of the best chai teas. Have a marvelous week as fall begins the transition to winter.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweet Sandi!
    Your tea setting is gorgeous with that adorable Burleigh teacup, pretty teapot and flower vase too...just perfect and so inviting!
    Thank you so much for the lovely party.
    Have a blessed week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new teacup and saucer.

    If I collected teacups, but I have no space for them, red would be my go to color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new cup is so pretty! I haven't seen one like that before. And I love that creamer. So fun and whimsical.
    Thank you for hosting Sandi, and have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new cup, Sandi! It would be calling to me, too. It goes beautifully with your favorite red transferware teapot. Thank you for hosting your lovely party, Sandi, and sharing your home with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandi, That is a wonderful little teacup! So glad you happened across it. It isn't nippy here yet, but some of the leaves are turning and it is very early for us to have this much color. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your red transferware is so pretty, thank you for sharing it at today's party! Have a great week...hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have found a beautiful cup! It goes so well with your other pieces, and it all looks perfect for a fall setting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandi,
    Your newest transferware teacup is such a perfect addition to your collection and matches so well with your favourite teapot. That teapot is beautiful and your vase is so lovely too! Thank you for hosting Tea Time Tuesday! See you next week! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandi,
    I love your new tea cup. It is so pretty. Isn't great how we find such joy in the little things in life. Have a wonderful week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just had hand surgery on my right hand so can’t type very easily but wanted you to know I enjoyed your post today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Felicity red transferware teacup and saucer from Burleigh is lovely. Glad you found it. It goes perfectly with your other red transferware pieces. It will be perfect for tea with your peanut butter, chocolate chip cookies. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandi, your new teacup and saucer is so pretty and goes very well with your red transfer ware china. It's a very 'hip' 60's style with it's all over flowers. :) I hope you have a lovely week ahead. Blessings, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandi! You're new red transferware is lovely! That always seems to be the case--when you are no longer looking for something, that is when you find it :). I really like the cow creamer--I would love some cream just so I can have some from that cow! I'm looking forward to when you share the recipe, those cookies look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such lovely tea ware! Love your red transfer ware! Although I still prefer my beloved blue!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sandi:
    I thought I had left a comment this morning but I was rushing and must have imagined it. I love all your red transferware pieces. Each and every one of special and can be used for so many seasons too! I hope always enjoy your posts! Thanks you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a charming little tea cup. It is so nice when we realize our hopes. I have your Charlotte Cow Creamer in blue. Did you know she was on T.V.?
    http://marywaldsvintageplace.blogspot.com/2011/03/cow-creamer-helps-solve-mysteries.html
    What a lovely red collection you are building!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not a fan of red china but Felicity is a teacup that I would pick up if I saw it too Sandi - a lovely acquisition. Your red transferware teapot has a very appealing shape and the cow creamer adds a touch of whimsy to the tea table.
    Pink it is for next month! Thank for hosting and I hope you're enjoying some autumn colours on the island.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I sadly passed up a whole set of red transferware a while back - I thought it was too much, now I know I truly missed out on a great deal! Love your new cup - I know exactly how you feel - a delight to join your party - I appreciate you sharing and hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your beautiful red and white tea cup and saucer... how beautiful. The whole table setting is so inviting and lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Sandi
    I'm very happy to be joining you for tea today!
    I do love your red Burleigh teacup - what a pretty design and very interesting to hear about the tissue process.

    I love all your transfer ware - very rare where I live however it would most definitely be a candy shop/happy dance moment if I ever come across one - you will hear about it!
    I would think it's a bargain at any price (well almost)!!

    I'll be back for the biscuit recipe - they look so very yummy!

    Thank you for hosting
    Hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  22. Red toile and transferware are such classics. The pieces look pretty along or with other pieces. Did not know about the tissue. Thanks for sharing and hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your new teacup, it' s so pretty. Red transferware cups are my favourites. You made a perfect combination. The cow creamer is so lovely
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sandi,
    I love your new teacup and I agree the red and white ones are harder to find around here.
    Hope you are enjoying these autumn days and thank you for hosting.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Sandi,
    this is a heartwarming tea time. Not only the pretty red color but I can feel the joy in your heart about this new find. It looks gorgeous. And so interesting to see the tissue which gave the pattern. I always learn somethings new here. Thank you for this ovely tea time and for hosting this sweet event. I am late with my tea but I come.
    Best greetings,
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Sandy .. Your new ' Felicity " cup is so charming...How interesting to see how the pattern was transferred.. She certainly compliments your beautiful collection of red ware. You will have many lovely teatime days sipping together ( Ha Ha) How very lucky to find such a beauty waiting for you in the shop...It was just meant to be !!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  27. Darling cup and awesome teapot but oh that creamer is just the right bit of whimsy. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sandi, your new teacup is gorgeous! I have a few teacups but no teapots. On my list of 'hope to find'! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.