Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 4 November 2013

Pretty in Pink for Tea Time Tuesday

"When you wish someone joy, you wish them peace, love, prosperity, happiness...all the good things." ~ Maya Angelou


Welcome to a new month of tea parties, my lovely friends! November will be a busy month with our American friends preparing for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Here at home on Prince Edward Island, we've already celebrated Thanksgiving so the holiday decor will soon be coming out. This is the time of year that I tend to get 'visions of sugar plums dancing in my head.' I enjoy decorating for the Holidays because I love all the sparkle, the music, and the sweet memories surrounding Christmas. It's a beautiful time of year to look forward to and also to make some new memories.



But not to get ahead of myself, I am still enjoying the baby boos and I have been painting them too. This cute little punkin got its polka dots and sitting sweetly beneath a little cloche.




For my tea today, I am using pink again. Pink tea things, pink pumpkins, and even a pink dessert.

Please come and join me in the living room and I will pour you some lovely hot Lady Grey tea. Even the teapot is pink today.




What is it about the colour pink that attracts many of us? For me, it's soft, feminine, and just down right pretty. It really appeals to the girly-girl in me. Are you a girly-girl?

Afternoon Tea
"My copper kettle whistles merrily
and signals that it is time for tea.
The fine china cups are filled with the brew.
There's lemon and sugar and sweet cream, too.
But, best of all there's friendship, between you and me. As we lovingly share our afternoon tea." ~ Marianna Arolin



I am using some vintage teacups adorned with delightful pink roses.  


A mis-matched teacup which looks like a set. The cup is Orleans Rose by Royal Standard married with the saucer American Beauty by Royal Albert.



Flowers arranged in my pink 'hobnail' vase set the ambience for this tea time. Last week's white carnations are still going strong and I just tucked in some pink ones.



A Royal Albert Old English Rose teacup in the Avon shape.








Would you like to try some dessert? I found this recipe at Pink Piccadilly Pastries.
Pink tapioca is being served in an original Bridal Rose teacup from  Bavaria. The other is a mis-matched set. The teacup is Limoges and the saucer is Bridal Rose made in Germany. Both saucers appear to be identical. 



The scalloped plates beneath them are Bride's Bouquet Staffordshire, England that I found at an antique shop a while ago.



It was difficult to take pictures because the sun was streaming into the room. But after the wild,  windy and rainy weather we had the day before, I welcome the sunshine. It's a wonderful day for a cuppa tea and your company.


Happiness is sharing tea with a friend.



Thank you for coming to tea and please remember to keep our friend Bernideen in your prayers as she grieves the loss of her mother.

I wish you JOY today!

"Just as the body grows and flourishes on a healthy diet,
our joy can grow and flourish when fed a
steady diet of beauty." ~ Thomas Kinkade

As a courtesy, please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit with all my lovely participants.

I am joining the following parties as well~

Inspire Me Tuesday ~ http://www.astrollthrulife.net/
A Return to Loveliness ~ http://www.adelightsomelife.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday~ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Tuesday Cuppa Tea~ http://www.antiquesandteacups.info/
Friends Sharing Tea~ http://blog.bernideens.com/
What's It Wednesday ~ http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

30 comments :

  1. Good morning Sandi! How lovely! And pink is always perfect for a tea...especially at your house! I love the RA china...but you know that! LOL! The polka dots are so cute on your pumpkin! And the table is perfect! Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful day. November already! Whew!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bridal rose teacup is gorgeous! I thought it looked like Limoges when I first saw it. :) Love the pink vase, the carnation bouquet, and your adorable painted pumpkins too.
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully pink post, Sandi - love your gorgeous teacups and sweet pumpkins - I've never seen pink tapioca- quite lovely - I do appreciate you hostinga nd sharing,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear Sandi!
    Your bridal rose teacup is swoon!!! Your setting is stunning and the polka dot pumpkin is the cutest, ever! Thank you for hosting this sweet and lovely party my friend. Have a lovely week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as I like lavender, pink is my next favourite colour. Likely because, as you say, it is a colour associated with femininity and can be found in wonderful soft hues.
    Roses would also have this association as my favourite teacups have pink roses on them. You've shared some beautiful teacups today, and the bouquet of flowers is charming in the pink hobnail vase.
    Pink desserts are yummy too!
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a girly girl too! I love your pink hobnail vase and your sweet polka dot pumpkins! Have a great week Sandi...hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table is so pretty today. I can't imagine a better way to serve tapioca than in a tea-cup. Thanks for sharing your tea-time. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sandi, your sweet pink tea table is truly gorgeous! Everything is so feminine and beautiful!

    I ADORE your soft pink mini boos, how cute! They dress up the table perfectly too!

    Thank you for hosting, and have a blessed wonderful week, my friend.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, as always!! I love, love, love the pink. Everything is so gorgeous!

    Jocelyn @ http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty pink tea! You always set a beautiful tea table that shows so much grace and love. Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful week.
    Blessings..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just perfect. I don't drink a lot of tea, but I do enjoy Lady Grey. I think the pink looks lovely, very delicate and ladylike.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sandi dear, your pretty in pink tea is wonderful! I love all your teacups, your carnations, your pink teapot and your pumpkins. Thank you for reminding me of tapioca. It was one of my favorite desserts when I was growing up and I haven't made it in years. How pretty it is in pink and it that beautiful teacup. Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandi,
    Your "Pretty in Pink for Tea Time Tuesday" is so lovely today. Pink is my favourite colour and I think Old English Rose is the most beautiful teacup. It is such an honour to have pink tapioca pudding with you! It looks so delicious! Thank you for hosting such a fun tea time. Have a wonderful week. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Sandi,
    a tea time with roses is always my delight. Love all your pretty china.Its aazing for me that the patterns are so similar. I wouldn't realize the difference if you hadn't mention it. The tablesetting is so sweet as the treats are. Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful tea time and the charming quotes. And for hosting this lovely event.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pink is my favourite colour. I adore your pink tea, tea cups, tea pot and your sweet pumpkins
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your beautiful pink setting gives joy to my heart. I love pink. Especially those pink flowers.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sandi what a fabulous way to serve tapioca !!! Love that it;s pink ,,, your tea setting is gorgeous! Thank you for hosting...hugs and blessings, C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful pink table all light and sweet. Your teacups look so pretty on your table! They are all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a very sweet tea table setting, so romantic. I love the vase too. Thanks for hosting, Sandi....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sandi,
    I love the glitter and polka dot pumpkins, they are adorable! Thank you for having us and for joining HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a beautiful and "girlish" tea setting, Sandi! Even the pumpkins are pink!!(Pink pumpkins - try saying that 2 time real fast.) As it is every year at this time, the holidays seem to arrive too soon! Can't wait to see what you will have at the tea parties ahead!
    Ann @ Cairn Cottage
    http://cairncottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your pink tea today is so delicate and feminine. I love it! So many beautiful teacups to see. Light blue is my all-time favorite color, but pink is a close second. Hope your week is as lovely as the tea you've prepared for us today! ~ Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  23. hello
    j'adore le rose
    votre billet ce matin est très agréable à lire
    très féminin , plein de douceurs
    joyeux thé
    tendresse
    edith (iri) France

    ReplyDelete
  24. I joined you with my post about cupcakes, but i probably made some mistakes...it' s the first time for me..sorry! Thanks for hosting!!!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love those sweet-coloured pumpkins. And I can't even tell that the tea cups are mis-matched. Such beautiful tea sets with fine rose patterns. I would like some pink tapioca please?

    Sending prayers for Bernideen and the whole family.

    Hope you have a good week dear Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  26. How pinky and beautiful is your tea table this week!
    I loved the bridal rose tea cups as well as that pink tapioca treat you put inside and looks delicious!
    But all your pink china and decorations look great!
    Thanks for hosting. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Sandi,
    Your post today is full of pink loveliness! The pink hobnail vase is so wonderful! And your bridal rose tea cups always make me catch my breath.
    I am loving your decorated pumpkins too!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sandi, Pink is the only way to go for tea, my favorite color too. My post is pink and with a tea set so I hope it qualifies to be here. Thanks for hosting and sharing your pink, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sandi: Always a pleasure to be a part of your beautiful tea. Pink tea is the only way to go. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Sandi,

    Such beautiful china! Everytime I visit your blog, I tell myself that I need more pink in my life! I love the little vase and your pumpkins.

    Hope your week is great,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.