Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Wednesday 16 October 2013

HOME

 

"Where thou art - that- is Home." ~ Emily Dickinson
 
Hello friends and welcome to my HOME!

I hope you are having a wonderful week. We just celebrated our Thanksgiving weekend and I ate far too much turkey and pie. Too much of a good thing, I guess. I will have to go for a few extra rounds on my stationary bike to work it all off.

This week I am hosting my annual Pink Tea in honour of Breast Cancer Awareness. You may click here to go there if you wish.


I set my table with all things pink.



Flowers, china, and pink cupcakes.



My Royal Doulton figurine Shirley joined the party too.



Even my pumpkin pie got some pink whipped cream.



Just the teeniest drop of red food colouring will turn your whipped cream into a bowl of pink scrumptiousness. Is that even a word? lol.

Every year the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation supplies the supermarkets with Cashmere bathroom tissue with a pink floral motif. And every year, I purchase some. Every twenty-five cents goes toward breast cancer research. 




October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Please do regular self examinations and be sure to get a mammogram.

These are some features from last week's party....

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home received the most views on her salvaged drawers. Very creative, this lady!



Millie @ Wreathmaker purchased a wooden cabinet and painted it white. I think it looks lovely and her autumnal display is beautiful too.

016-1 

Wanda @ Victorian 1885 shared some lovely changes in her ensuite. The beautiful towel rack was made by her grandmother. What a treasure!


Pamela @ playingwithmycamera shared her tool box centerpiece which I thought looked very festive.



Lynda @ Birds and Daffodils shared a creative way to fancy up her rain gutters. She even has a visiting frog.



Thank you everyone for welcoming us into your homes every week. You are the ones who make this party so much fun. If you would like to be featured here at my HOME, you must have a link back to my party.

Do you have something HOME related that you would like to share? If so, simply create a post around it and link up below. I will be happy to come and visit you. NO ADVERTISEMENTS PLEASE! Till next time, take care!

"Lord, this humble house we'd keep
Sweet with play and calm with sleep.
Help us so that we may give
Beauty to the lives we live.
Let Thy bounty and Thy grace
Shine upon our dwelling place." ~ Edgar A. Guest


Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

22 comments :

  1. Pink whipped cream!....who would think it...well, Sandi would!
    Love all those pink china pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful features, Sandi! Thank you so much for hosting you HOME party. May you have a great week, sweet friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty in pink dressed table for a very special occasion! Your Thanksgiving sounds lovely and tasty!

    Thanks for hosting and have a happy week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi, I shared my post about a scarecrow contest, LOTS of ideas for folks if they're building a scarecrow for their garden or porch decor. I hope that fits your theme for Home okay? Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi, you know I'm lovin' your pink whip cream...never thought to add a little food coloring! Thanks for featuring my Repuposed Drawer post...hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pink items are treasures! Everything is so pretty and romantic
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for creating HOME as a linky party Sandi, I love joining in.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink is always special ... and you have served up such a pink-a-licious display of goodies for teatime and Breast Awareness...Thank you for both reminding us and inviting us to join in...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pinks Sandi. I better go get some cashmere! Thanks for hosting.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scrumptious cupcakes, Sandi! Thanks for the party :) Spring greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks lovely. I would love to have one of those pink cupcakes and so would my granddaughter since she is a pink lady.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandi,
    OMG!! I can't believe that I missed the feature last week!! I am so sorry!! I gave you a shout out in my latest post ( will link that one up next week) but I did link up the posts that i forgot to link up last week too.... I am losing my mind!! Thanks again!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandi, your Shirley figurine is beautiful and very special! I love the poem you've chosen too. Pink whipped cream on pumpkin pie..how wonderful! Thanks for hosting such lovely parties. Blessings..Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandi...I love that you posted about cancer. A relative just did the run for the cure. She was diagnosed with aggressive breast cancer last year and is not cancer free. :)
    I didn't realize Cashmere does that. Will have to look out for it and buy some. Love this fall weather. Hope you enjoy every minute of this day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Sandi for hosting. Pink frosting is so feminine, perfect for breast cancer week.

    Wishing you a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely post Sandi...pink pink pink! I never get tired of pink. I do think of you now when I see pink pretties. You are the master of it all. So enjoy your blog every week.
    How is that back now? Are you doing better?
    Think of you often.
    Hugs.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sandi, thank you so much for featuring my fancy mosaic gutter drains. And, thanks for a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That PUMPKIN PIE w PINK topping makes me want some..WITH A CUP OF HOT COFFEE/w cream please!

    I hope you will stop by Like Gramma's House again..scroll down for posts from May to present -find post titled "Looking Forward" and it will explain what's been taking place in our world [for more than a year]

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.