Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Welcome to My HOME!



"May your home always be too small to hold all your friends." ~ Author Unknown

Happy Wednesday everyone and welcome to my HOME!


It's hard to believe that July is winding down. The Summer goes way too fast! Here on the Island we try to cram in as much summertime activity as possible; like barbeques and going to the beach. There is something so peaceful about being out in that fresh air and listening to the sound of the waves and the seagulls.


You will find us at the beach most of the time at this time of year. We love to take long walks, ankle-deep in the water.

Another thing we enjoy is taking our coffee down to the park to sit and watch the sail boats in the harbour.


Visiting tea rooms and enjoying a treat is also another favourite pasttime.


We love walking the trails through the woods, such as the Haunted Wood at Green Gables.


And we usually try to visit my family out of province at least once during the summertime too.

How do you spend your Summer?

This week I am hosting my Christmas in July Tea Party and I invite anyone who would like to participate, to link up with me. You may link up here at my HOME party or the Tea Party below. You are welcome to link up at both parties if you wish.

This party is all about sharing something HOME related and your teascape or tablescape is most welcome!

At the tea party, I featured my Old Country Roses china and a yummy dessert which I only make at Christmas and once in the summertime.


Sit a while and enjoy a cup of tea with me, won't you. I love having the company!

Now here are my features from last week. Enjoy!

Check out Southern Seazons French Country kitchen reno. I love the white cabinets and her island.



Wendy @ Once Upon A Rose Haven shared her talented hubby's bird carvings as well as her adventure with a baby swallow.


Poppy @ With a Dash of Color shared an enchanted summer evening in her garden with mason jar candlelight and flowers. 



Elizabeth @ The Porcelain Rose shared a darling vintage ballerina tutu. Makes me want to be a little girl again!


And for those who cannot get enough fresh strawberries, Kitty @ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen shared her recipe for scrumptious strawberry pie.


Thank you everyone for your lovely comments, visits, and to those of you who welcome all of us into your HOME, an especially big thanks!
Every week I choose a few features from the previous week's party. If you want to be featured here at my HOME, you must have a link back to my party.

Have a beautiful day everyone and God bless you!

"Lord, this humble house we'd keep
Sweet with play and calm with sleep.
Help us so that we may give
Beauty to the lives we live.
Let thy love and thy grace
Shine upon our dwelling place." ~ Edgar A. Guest 


I am joining the following parties as well~

What's It Wednesday ~ http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/
Home and Garden Thursday ~ http://www.adelightsomelife.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/

 Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

30 comments :

  1. Happy Wednesday Sandi!
    It has been 4 years since we last visited your beautiful Island and hope to revisit again in the next few years. Now that we are retired we plan to just jump in SUV and head out to discover parts of Canada we have not seen and revisit others we loved like PEI.
    Thank you for hosting today. Take care.
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to your site and I love it.
    Your tea set is beautiful and looks so inviting.
    I will be revisiting soon.
    Happy Wednesday.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi,
    Thanks so much for hosting!!
    Your Christmas Tea party was beautiful! I just could not get my act together to participate...Sorry!!
    Lucky you being by a beach... I don't know if i could take it though in the heat as i have Sun Sensitivity from Medications.... But I did used to love the beach...

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dear Sandi! I so would love to take a walk with you along the trail at Green Gables...how beautiful a spot! Thank you for featuring my pie along with the other fabulous features. I'm sharing another strawberry recipe...just can't get enough! Thank you for hosting your wonderful HOME. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your great party, my friend. The teaset is gorgeous, along with your lovely C'mas in July setting...I love it! I'm participating with a tea table but not a C'mas one, as my things are to packed for November when I will start to unpack them, lol..
    Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. That beach looks heavenly, Sandi!

    Thank you for the beauty, and for hosting this wonderful pinky party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your island is very beautiful and the beach is very calming and soothing.
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandi,
    How lucky you are to live on PEI and so near the beach! I agree that the sound of the waves and seagulls is so peaceful.
    Thanks for hosting,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  9. A walk on the beach sounds so wonderful....no beaches here in New Mexico...lol! Thank you so much for hosting each week....hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandi,
    Isn't it wonderful to be able to walk the beach and enjoy the beautiful seashore lifestyle.

    I am really enjoying looking at all the wonderful posts. Lovely tea set too.

    hugs
    sissie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandi,

    Such a lovely and peaceful place where you are and to be able to take those long walks on the beach...heavenly!

    Thanks for hosting!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a magical place Sandi! Would love to go there sometime! Thank You so much for hosting the party

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandi, thanks for a wonderful party and for the lovely surprise! I'm so happy to be featured here among so many talented ladies:)I love Old Country Rose pattern and your tea set is looking absolutely gorgeous and the picture reminds me of days gone by....Beautiful shot of the beach, wish I was there! Happy Summer! Hugs,Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  14. The beach looks just lovely ~ we're headed there in a couple of weeks. Your header is simply gorgeous, as is your Christmas tea. Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that haunted wood! Thanks for showing it to us! Thank you for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. hello
    pour nous en Normandie l'été est
    très chaud et orageux
    je suis allée visiter tous les blogs
    indiqués
    j'aime beaucoup la sculpture des
    oiseaux bleus
    à très bientôt
    tendresse
    edith (iris) France

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sandi
    thanks for coming over and looking at the wedding pictures of my nieces, it was a great family trip

    I wish I was there with you walking in the water and visiting the tea rooms

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sandi, Oh how I love that haunted forest and this weeks features are terrific! Thanks for hosting.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sandi,
    What a surprise! Thank you for featuring my sweet vintage Tutu!
    I love roses and enjoy your blog.
    Thank you for hosting!
    Best,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sandi,
    I love a good beach day too and we have had some nice ones this year.
    My sister is coming home tomorrow-I think you remember her as well from those childhood days....a few years ago!
    Thank you for hosting,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the party, Sandi! Beautiful photos from the beach :) Have a lovely weekend! ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the features. Thanks for hosting Sandi!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sandi,
    It's an honor to be featured in your lovely blog! Thank you very much!
    Blessings,
    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love a good beach day and I'm headed there today, in the rain. We are off to the Souris Sea Glass festival. This is a wonderful party and idea, I love your new dashboard. I'm sad that I've not been able to join in, but such is summer. Like you said it goes so fast. Have a great weekend, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  25. You live in such an awesome place....it speaks to me of peace...and calm and gentleness. Wishing you the best day ever Sandi....from my heart to yours...tons of hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Sandi, would just LOVE to visit your island - would be a dream vacation for me! Love the serene beach scenes - we haven't traveled much during the summer because of Dearest's schedule - I am delighted to join your party and appreciate you sharing,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Sandi! It's been a while since I visited. Your tea set is so beautiful and, oh my, that beach! I'm with you - I love walking in the woods or on the beach. We're not near the ocean, but we do have Lake Erie only 40 minutes away, which is very nice. I'm glad you've been having a nice summer!
    Hugs, Cindy @ Art,Books,Tea

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh dear - just as I was about to walk away from the desk, I saw this post and now I'm sunk! So much to look at, and I have an hour or two....

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Sandi - just love looking at the beach photo - looks so dreamy and inviting - Hope to visit one day! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.