Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Wednesday 10 July 2013

HOME


"I am grateful for the lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and floors that need waxing because it means I have a home." ~ Author unknown

Hello friends and welcome to my HOME! I am delighted you have stopped by! Please have a seat and enjoy a cup of tea while you're here.


This week at my tea party I featured a new teacup or rather a 'new to me' teacup. Isn't she splendid?



She's vintage and made by Aynsley and is the most delectable shade of turquoise! I have christened her Duchess since she appears to have no name.

I'm sure most of you who have been following my blog have noticed my pink, white, and aqua living room.

I love the Cottagey look we've been living with for the past several years. Chippy white tables and a fireplace & mantel, a cozy rug under the coffee table, and throw cushions all made for a cozy but very girly room.


I have had these two dusty rose moire wing chairs for years and they are as nice today as the day we bought them.

The floral robin egg blue sofa has also been with us for years and I am ready for a change!


But I didn't know I wanted a real change until we found our two new chairs!

You see for several years now, I have been looking for off-white slip covers for my chairs and nothing fit. They are a smaller size and most covers are made for a regular sized wing back.
Custom slip covers are pricey!

So, we shopped around and shopped around till we ended up with these new wing chairs; two regular sized lazy-boys. The colour is wheat with a gold and green fleck in them.


I have one flanking each side of the front window and in the wintertime they will flank each side of the fireplace.

This of course calls for a complete change of decor; new paint, rug, throw cushions, slip cover for the sofa {until we get it upholstered}. This little aqua chest will be getting a makeover too.



Then there's the fun of finding new accessories. When I say new, I mean mostly treasures found at yard sales and such. The chippy white tables are all staying by the way!

So, I am on the hunt for ideas and inspiration. I'm still not quite sure what accent colours to use. I'm leaning towards ivories, golds/caramels, and deep reds or greens, but we'll see! One can see the dining room from the living room where I have cream/white, red, and a soft apple green.

Anyway, over the course of the next while, I will be sharing with you all the changes that will take place. First on the list is new paint and a new slip cover for the sofa, then a rug. I have always done the painting and wallpapering myself but I'm not able to do that any more so I will be enlisting the help of family members.

You may wonder where the pink chairs are going. Well, they have been relegated to our office which we are turning into our 'reading room/office.' I will likely have a watery robin egg blue in there as I'm still loving the colour and probably always will.

Now on to some features from last week~

This one is first on my list...
Wendy @  Once Upon A Rose Haven won my heart with her darling little garden cottage. With all the rain they've had recently, they even have a little stream flowing by. I could move right in!


Bernideen @  Bernideen's Tea Time Blog  also deserves a feature today with her beautiful Tea in the Garden.


My third feature today is Patti @ Ivy and Elephants who shared her very creative gumball machine filled with lots of pearls and bling.


Wanda @ Victorian 1885 shared some wonderful treasures she has found over the years. I love her china jar filled with silver!



And if you're craving a sweet, Kathy @  A Delightsome Life  shared her recipe for this wonderful Blueberry Crumb Cake. Yum! This would go nicely with my tea!

Blueberry Crumb Cake 2

Home is where the heart is!

Thank you for coming by for a visit and leaving your lovely comments. Remember, my yellow door is always open! To those of you who open your doors and welcome us into your homes, a special thank you to all of you! 

Please feel free to share all your DIYs, crafts, cooking/baking, gardens, renos, tablescapes, etc. Anything and everything which makes your HOME a cozy place to come HOME to, for your family, your friends, and yourself.

"Lord, this humble house we'd keep
Sweet with play and calm with sleep.
Help us so that we may give
Beauty to the lives we live.
Let Thy love and Thy grace
Shine upon our dwelling place." ~ Edgar A. Guest


Happy to be joining these parties this week ~

What's It Wednesday ~ http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/
Home and Garden Thursday ~ http://www.adelightsomelife.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Open House~ http://blog.bernideens.com/

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

26 comments :

  1. Hello Sandi,

    Your new chairs are very pretty. I love the soft neutral color which allows you add any color of accessories. I am sure you will have a great time finding new and old pieces to finish that lovely space. I am currently refreshing my bedroom and I am loving the hunt for vintage pieces for the room.

    Good look. I look forward to seeing your new pieces.

    Hugs,

    Janet
    rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi. Thank you for hosting and I really like your new chairs. They look like they don't have to be away from the wall to recline. I need a couple and will check out our local Lazy Boy dealer..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi,
    Love both sets of wing chairs and how exciting that will be to redecorate. It would kill me though not to be able to do the painting or papering....
    I don't recall seeing your Dining Room especially with the red and apple green. Did we see it or did I miss it?I love red but then I do love all colors.....Can't wait to see the transformation...

    Thanks so much for hosting and thanks so much for stopping by and always having such sweet things to say!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi, your new teacup name is perfect! I love your new Lazyboy recliners and look forward to seeing the changes to your room in the weeks to come. Thank you for sharing your HOME with us. The features are always fun to revisit. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tea cup is beautiful. I like the direction you are going with your living room make over. How fun, but sometimes stressful when you can't find what you want. The new chairs are really pretty and I am so glad that your wing back chairs are going to your office/reading room. They look so comfortable.
    Looking forward to your future posts on your living room.
    Happy shopping - how fun!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi, your tea cup is beautiful, such a different shape and a gorgeous colour. Have a wonderful week. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi! I love your pretty tea cup and your new chairs. I need two just like yours for my living room(den)! They look very comfy too. I have to remind myself, when I want to start a project, of what I can realistically do myself. In my mind I can still do it all! I hope that your health continues to improve. I can't wait to see the changes you make in your pretty room.

    Affectionately,
    Linda at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting, Sandi! A new home makeover! And we get to see how it goes. I'm so happy for you to have found such lovely chairs. :)
    Hope the rest of your week is Extraorainary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Duchess is a perfect name for such a beautiful tea-cup. You must be excited about changing the look to your home. Have fun. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty tea cup ! I like your new chair as well.

    Had to chuckle at the little stream running by the feature house...looked like our neighborhood this morning...several torrential rain storms one after another. My dogs were going nuts since there was plenty of lightning and thunder too!

    It will be fun to see your changes as you go along now with your new decor ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your new chair. I am like you. I have the pink, turquoise and green floral sofa. I painted my walls early this year and have the same rug. But I have gone for the grey green, silvery colour for my cushions and accessories. I was tired of the pink.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandi,
    Thank you for featuring my post! Your new wing chairs are beautiful! Love the neutral color, now you can play house with a diversity of colors. :) Looking forward to see how your living room evolve.
    Blessings,
    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Sandi
    Thank you for featuring my post from last week! I hope you enjoy choosing your new pieces for your lovely home. Thanks for hosting the Home party! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! Love your Aynsley cup- so elegant! Your features are great, too. Hope you are enjoying a wonderful summer so far. Thank you for stopping by my blog, Sandi :)
    S

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loxve the tea cup Sandi,Your room is going to look lovely. Looking forward to seeing the transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so honored that you featured me - your chairs are lovely and your new header is darling! Everything's a joy to see!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sandi,
    First of all, I like your new header.
    Your features are really good one's!
    And your new chairs are pretty, I'm looking forward to seeing all the changes you make. That's always fun.
    Thanks for hosting and have a blessed week!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for the party, Sandi! Beautiful teacup :) Wishing you a great weekend! Subtropical winter greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sandi...everything you post here is always so beautiful. Must be that PEI thing. :) Hugs and wishes for a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OOOOMY dear what totally beautiful settings/scenes just abouttakes my breath away..

    Would you give me another chance on Like Gramma's House [ http://mygrammashouse.blogspot.com ] Please..I wish you were closeby I certainly would be there for tea in one of those l o v e l y spots.

    I shall return-
    Jonell

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your chairs are beautiful! I will be back to see what you do with your room. It is so lovely and I love your blue chest even though I know you will repaint it, it is darling. Hugs, Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for featuring my gumball machine! My mouth dropped open when I saw it there. I'm delighted and will wear my featured button proudly!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're the best, Sandi - I do appreciate you sharing my Blueberry Crumb Cake! Summer is so marvelous isn't it - love your Robins Egg Blue teacup -it is gorgeous - I hope this finds you well and enjoying your day and that the day is not too hot! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sandi, it's always fun to make a few changes. Love the new chairs. Can't wait to see the makeover! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful Sandi!
    Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Sandi,

    You have such a nice and inviting blog.I love the teacups.
    It is always so fun to look out for
    things for a make over!!

    Thank you for sharing
    all this beuaty.

    Blessings to you !!

    Wilma, Shabby Royale.

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.