Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Wednesday 27 March 2013

HOME


"Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to." ~ John Ed Pearce
 
Welcome to my HOME, dear friends!

What a wonderful variety of posts we enjoyed last week. I was hard pressed to choose some favourites but a few really caught my eye.


Lizy @ Just Dip It In Chocolate created the cutest Caterpillar Spring wreath. Love the tiny flower pots she used.



Janet @ Rosemary - Thyme shared her exquisite orange sour cream pound cake adorned with an assortment of lovely roses. Mmm!


Bernideen @ Bernideen's Tea Time Blog set an adorable tea table filled with bunnies and beautiful pansy china. So whimsical!


Eileen @ The Art of Living Beautifully shared her beautiful tulips. Aren't they a gorgeous colour?



This is the Winter that doesn't want to go away. So what does one do? Well, we bring out our pastels and pretties and attempt to bring a bit of springtime into our homes. 

Now that I'm starting to feel better I am itching to do some Spring decorating. Last year I created these hydrangea topiaries and matching wreath for my fireplace mantel. I am sharing them with you today because I know many of you have not seen them before.

 
 
They were a lot of work but worth it. Fluffy hydrangeas and sparkly butterflies bring a softness and springtime prettiness to my mantel.
 

 


 
 
I am still debating whether or not to paint my mirror. 
 
 
 
If you would like to know how I created them please go here to check them out.

Do you have something HOME related you would like to share? Just create a post around it and link up with me. Everyone is welcome!

Wishing you all a Happy and Blessed Easter.




"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life." ~ John 3:16


As a courtesy, please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit with all my lovely participants.

I am joining the following parties as well~

Homemaking Link Up ~ http://www.hopeineveryseason.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Cottage Style Linky Party~ http://lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com/
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits ~ http://www.stonegableblog.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Open House~ http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/


Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

21 comments :

  1. Sandi,
    Love the hydrangea topiaries and wreath!! Beautiful!!

    I like the mirror as is... it gives dimension and gold and brass are making a big come back!!

    Wishing you and your family a joyous Easter!!!

    Hope you are feeling better!!

    Hugs,
    Deb


    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Sandi!
    What a treat to tune in and find so many beautiful features. Your choices are spectacular this Easter week.
    I love your dreamy display. The entry of pink to the landscape is so soothing.
    Blessings and thanks for hosting each week, my friend.
    Happy Easter!
    Carolynn xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sandi,

    I love the mirror as is... A little contrast. I must say it is all so lovely. I think there are perhaps already the soft pastel neutral color of the wall and the white of the mantle piece.

    Oh my...those pretty wreaths. So lovely.

    Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee

    P.S. ~ I am encouraged and excited because some other fellow bloggers also suggested that I had too many extra large files ion m blog.I have removed tons of them as well as adjusted the size . Hope that helps. Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful topiaries and wreath, dear Sandi. I'm so glad you shared them again, as a year in between makes me forget!! LOL!!
    Happy Easter to you and your family and I'm so glad you're feeling better. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I forgot to mention, but I like the mirror as it is, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi,
    Your hydrangea topiaries and matching wreath are absolutely gorgeous! So elegant, those whites with a touch of pink is perfect. And I can tell they go well with your Rose Chintz China. I will have to look back at your post on how you made them.
    I think your mantel setting looks perfect, I wouldn't change a thing, I think the gold framed mirror is beautiful BUT you are talking to someone who uses gold spray paint on EVERYTHING! *winks*
    Thanks for sharing the John 3:16 verse with us and have a blessed Easter.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandi,

    I am so glad you are feeling better!

    I love your features - they're spectacular!

    Your topiary and wreath - gorgeous!

    My advice on the mirror is: wouldn't it look incredible a light sage green? It would off-set pink and white nicely against your pretty pink chintz china pieces!

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Easter to you Sandi. Good news that you are starting to feel better.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandi:
    I am honored that you featured my table! 5 just wish the "prize" was some of Kitty's yeast rolls she linked up! Don't they look incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forgot to say - all 3 of my gold mirrors are going shabby chic and maybe the one in our bedroom too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandi~
    Lovely features. The topiaries you made are so feminine and elegant. Perfect spring decor. Thanks for hosting, and I appreciate your visit.
    A special week-Rejoice!
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Sandi. Thank you for featuring my pound cake recipe. It is truly an honor and much appreciated. I love the other features too. Thank you for hosting and Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for featuring my tulips! I just LOVE your hydrangea topiaries ~ they are simply beautiful. This is the winter that won't go away and I'm so ready for it to move along. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandi, glad that you are feeling better. Really nice features and I love your Hydrangea creations!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Sandi,
    Thanks so much for hosting!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is so good to hear that you are feeling better Sandi!
    It's been a long recovery time. Your blog post is so pretty, light and airy.
    Happy Easter.
    Love,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Sandi,
    Lovely hydrangea topiary and wreath - looks gorgeous - your mirror is amazing - I think you should keep it as it is or add some patina - so delighted to join your party this week, I appreciate you hosting.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Sandi,

    I love the flowerdecorations you made.
    They are beautiful!
    In the Netherlands we also look out for Spring. It is so very cold here.
    You're right... this is a winter that doesn't want to go away. Great to see Spring on your blog !!
    I have the same Bibleverse in my latest post !

    Hugs, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  19. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. You have a super cute blog I can't wait to read more. You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sandi,
    Those are sweet topiaries!
    Popping in this morning to wish you a Blessed Easter.
    Hugs.
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.