Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Wednesday 20 February 2013

HOME



Hello friends and welcome to my HOME!


"Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do... but how much we put in that action." ~ Mother Teresa

I hope you all had a lovely Valentines Day last week and your week is off to a wonderful start.

My computer is working a tad bit better this week so I will share  two posts which tied for having the most clicks last week~

Jeannie @ The French Hen's Nest ~  http://frenchhensnest.blogspot.ca/2013/02/tablescapes-seminar.html 


This is just one of the fabulous tablescapes which Jeannie shared with us from the seminar she attended. Love the red and white theme and of course, the roo! 

Wanda Lee @ The Plumed Pen ~ http://theplumedpen.blogspot.ca/2013/02/my-322nd-tuesday-and-wednesday-teatime_13.html

She shared a plethora of beautiful tea time images; lots of eye candy and inspiration for parties! Love her Skye McGhie tea set!



Congratulations ladies!

If you have been featured here at my HOME party then please feel free to copy and paste this button for your blog. 





On Valentines Day, I was surprised with a package in the mail. Since a special dinner was not on the menu that day because of my back,  Hubby went to get take out for us and when he arrived home, he also brought back a package from one of my bloggy friends which arrived in the mail.

Lady Linda did up all these little goodies for me and sent them just because....A handmade Valentine card, a pretty teacup card with a sweet handwritten note inside, a chocolate cameo, needle minder, a box of valentine candies, among other goodies. She took such care in wrapping and boxing everything up; very special!


Needless to say, it made my day! A thoughtful gesture from a lovely friend whom I have never actually met in person. Nor was she aware that I was shut in these days.
Thank you, Lady Linda, I so appreciate your kindness. I have made some wonderful friends here in blogland and you are one of them! God bless you, dear friend! If you haven't met Linda then please do go visit her blog and say Hello. Tell her Sandi sent you!


Now, because I haven't been able to bake for a couple of weeks, I thought I would go back into my archives and share a recipe for some Aero Bars I have served at numerous tea parties. They are nothing fancy, but they are super easy, really delicious, and always a hit!



Aero Bars
2 cups graham wafer crumbs
2 cups fine coconut
1/2 cup melted butter/margarine
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Bake @ 350 degrees for 10- 12 minutes in an 8x8 pan.

Icing:
Melt 4 Aero bars
1/4 cup vegetable oil in microwave
Pour over top of bars while base is still hot.
These are easier to cut when left overnight. Enjoy!


These bars freeze well too so I hope you will give them a try.

Thank you for spending some time here with me today. I really do appreciate your visits and comments.

If you have something HOME related which you would like to share please link up below and I will be happy to come and visit you.

"Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting - a wayside sacrament. Welcome it in every fair face, in every fair sky, in every fair flower, and thank God for it as a cup of blessing." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


I am joining the following parties as well~

Homemaking Link Up~ http://www.hopeineveryseason.com/
Home and Garden Thursday ~ http://www.adelightsomelife.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Cottage Style Linky Party~ http://lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com/
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits ~ http://www.stonegableblog.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Open House~ http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

35 comments :

  1. Wasn't that I sweet surprise from Linda, Sandi?? How very kind, and thoughtful of her. I hope you're feeling a little better. Thank you for sharing your HOME with us. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these little sweet treats! Thank You so much for sharing and for letting us into your home Sandi. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little treats look absolutely delicious! So happy to have discovered your party, too ~ I am linking up for the first time. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that box the friend sent you! How pretty! Hope you are feeling better soon!
    hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi,
    Great features!! And what a nice surprise for you to receive in the mail!!

    Those aero bars look so yummy!!

    Thanks so much for hosting each week!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi, I so enjoy reading your posts and your love and gentleness and kindness to everyone. Thank you for hosting.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry your back is still bad Sandi and hope you will feel stronger soon. The recipe sounds very good. I love chocolate anything! The storm didn't amount to much here thankfully, as we have plenty of snow now!
    Hugs, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry that you have been under the weather,hope you are much better now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for inviting me! I've often read posts from your party, but I'm linking for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Sandi,

    My thoughts and prayers are with you as well dear lady!.. I hope you are feeling better soon also.

    Thanks once again for your feature from a "tie" for the most viewed blog-post-link from your last week's HOME party. ~ Fun!

    P.S. ~ I have successfully linked up to blog party @ http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2013/02/wow-us-wednesdays-106.html ... yet I am having difficulty after 3 tries to link up this week to your party Sandi.

    Any suggestions perhaps?...

    Hugs, blessings and cheers and blessings, Wanda Lee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandi, I hope your back is feeling better. The Aero bars look so good, I must try making some.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!

    It came through... (My link that is), a small matter true, yet.. praises be! Tech stuff is so confusing sometimes isn't it? (There was no "wait a few minutes til the image loads" thumbnail thingie)...Oh well!

    Thanks Sandi...

    Cheers from Wanda Lee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Sandi, for hosting. What a nice gift from your friend. Wonderful features..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Sandi,
    Thank you so much for your kind words regarding my little French chair. Linda and I are so excited to have our Tablescapes featured by you, thank you so much.
    Blessings to you,
    Jeannie and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for hosting a wonderful party. I love the tid-bit tiered tray you have on your post! The recipe also sounds delicious!
    ~Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dearest Sandi,
    How I have enjoyed your blog post. Beautiful parties, incredibly sweet recipes and the wonderful words of Ralph Waldo Emerson.
    Thank you for making my day!
    Blessings,
    Carolynn xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely surprise. There are certainly so many beautiful generous people in blogland. Love it.
    I do hope your back will be better very soon Sandi
    I must try making that gorgeous slice
    Love anything chocolate.
    Happy week x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely tablescape that was, truly romantic with white and red palette. Those areo bars looked yummy. Got my eye on your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sandi...I am so glad it's the countdown to spring. I want to get outside so bad and smell the earth and see all the colors. It's coming...Hugs to you and wishing you a fabulous day out there. From my heart to yours.....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sandi,
    What a beautiful gift from your blogger friend. Your aero bars look delicious, I will have to try those. Thanks for hosting! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sandi, thanks you for all the work you do to get the party ready for us. I love the quote- beauty IS God's handwriting. Hope your back is getting better each day. Just read this morn Paul saying we have this treasure in earthen vessels that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.(2 Cor 4:7) His excellence shines through everything you do.
    Warm wishes,
    Linda at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dearest Sandi,

    I am so sorry about your back and hope you will be feeling better soon.

    That is such a sweet surprise from Linda - bloggers are the BEST!!!

    Thank you for hosting, sorry I was late.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Sandi, you really caught me off guard today! I just love reading your blog and was so surprised to see my treats to you. I am blushing. I am glad my package cheered you up. Hope you are feeling better. That dessert just looks fantastic!!!!
    Thanks for the kind words,
    Linda



    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sandi - sorry I did not have time to do a post for this party but I do have some good news for you. You won the tea-cup, Roslyn. Please send me your snail mail to debsteckly@catlover.com and I will send it off to you. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fun day to stop by! Everything looks wonderful, I'm off to check out everyone's fun!

    Enjoy your day!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dearest Sandi,

    I do hope your back is feeling better soon. Computer issues are no fun either!

    Lovely posts as usual... Love al of your dear, exquisite and pretty thoughtfuldeatils in each andevry post you sahre your heart and it always comes shining trough dear lady!
    And oh my... Such a sweet, thoughtful Valentines gift from Lady Linda

    Congrats to Jeannie @ The French Hen's Nest.

    Thank you so much for including my post as tie for last week's home Sandi as a feature. It is much appreciated... Most of all however,as are you!

    Hugs, blessings and cheers from Wanda Lee

    P.S. ~ My prayers for you dear Sandi are that the Lord will graciously raise you up to complete wellness with your back issues.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Arro bars look delicious Sandi. Beautiful tablescapes too.

    Hope you will feel better soon!

    Have a lovely weekend,

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a lovely post! Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Dear!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a sweet thing to do (gift from Linda)! Oh, this recipe looks fantastic. I am going to copy it down right now!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those packages are very nicely wrapped! That just makes it extra special.
    Your bars sound and look quite tasty. Hmmm. Shame we can't taste over the internet, huh? ;)
    Enjoyed my visit from Sarah's Homemaking Linkup. Thanks!
    Jenn
    (my sign off takes you to my regular blog - and I have a post there directing to my post that I'm sharing on Sarah's link.)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh poo---I missed the linkup! I'm sorry! I have been in another town with my mom the past couple days as her sister is very sick.

    But...thank you very much for linking up with me! I just received a package from a friend yesterday who lives in Alberta. She sent me an Aero bar. I've never had one so we'll see how this goes! Ha!

    Your friend Linda is awfully sweet to send you a nice gift. I think it's neat how we are led to bless one another out of the blue. She had no idea you'd not be able to spend Valentine's Day out so she brought you some specialness in! :) I had the same thing happen with a friend the other day. I had just sent her off a nice, newsy letter and the next day found out she was terribly sick with a fever. The letter I received back from her yesterday said she was so blessed that my letter came while she was sick as it cheered her up!

    Well, I'm thinking we should try and have this comment published in a short novella since I've written enough for one...ha!

    Hope you have a great Sunday, Sandi!

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  32. These sound super easy and so tempting! I can't wait to give them a try.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  33. they look yummmy going to get them a try I love coconut and chocolate..Happy Sunday with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  34. Flotte funksjoner! Og hva en hyggelig overraskelse for deg å motta i posten!
    De aero barer ser så yummy!
    Takk så mye for hosting hver uke!

    Huskatalog

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello Sandi Darling,

    Thanks so much for stopping by my cottage and for you sweet comment. Life, health-wise has not been very kind to me, however, I am doing much better now. I am hoping to be able to post as regularly as possible, fingers crossed.

    Take care, 'til we talk again

    Hugs

    Duchess

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.