Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Saturday 12 January 2013

My Christmas In Vancouver


Happy weekend, everyone! I thought I would share some pictures from my holiday out on the west coast with you. 

I want to thank Betty for the tips on posting photos on my blog while I'm waiting for the browser button to be fixed!


Well, I finally got to meet my little granddaughter, Jenna-Lynn.


She has stolen our hearts and has thoroughly wrapped her Papa around her little finger. She is after all, the first girl born into our family so it's completely understandable!



Jenna-Lynn and her Daddy.



This is Jenna-Lynn's big brother Zachary. He is heavy into Angry Birds.



Zachary loves this cape!


We took a trip to Port Coquitlam where we saw the Terry Fox statue. Terry Fox was a young man who had lost his leg to cancer and attempted to run across Canada to raise money for cancer research.




The disease claimed his life in 1981 but his efforts live on as well as his spirit. He is one of our national heroes. "All you need is will, you don't have to be gifted, and your dreams will come through if you try," is written on the plaque. 



Here are three of my guys; Hubby, our youngest who joined us from Illinois, and our middle son. Zachary and Jenna-Lynn take a stroll while Nanny takes the picture.




For all my tea friends, this is The Urban Tea Merchant which my DIL and I visited. {Photo courtesy of the Internet}

 

We had hoped to have tea there but we neglected to make a reservation and they were booked solid that day. I think they would have tried to squeeze us in when they heard that I came all the way from PEI to have tea there, but they had no room.
So, we got our tea to go; a spicy green tea, Christmas Lights, and I tasted my very first french macaron. It was lemon. Mmm!


My beautiful DIL smiles for the camera. We had a wonderful time shopping in the big city.



There was a lot of excitement Christmas morning as you can imagine! 



Our youngest son gifted me with this cute teacup ornie from Cracker Barrel. He knows I love teacups and cardinals. Funny thing is my other DIL back home also received this very same teacup. A friend of hers was down visiting in the States and she got one  at Cracker Barrel as well. What are the chances of that? We don't have a Cracker Barrel on PEI.



My son with his prized drum kit. All three of my sons are very musical.



On our way to Whistler Village, New Years Day. It was a two hour drive and the scenery was spectacular! Loved the mountains.



We stopped at Shannon Falls in Squamish on the way.




A strange tree formation.


And here we are at Whistler Village with the ski slopes in the background. The air was bone-chilling there and Hubby and our  youngest son were cold for a good part of the visit as they weren't dressed for it.



The Village was all lit up for the holidays and looked like a post card.






We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Earl's Restaurant and the food was fabulous! Our youngest took this picture so alas, he is not in it himself.




Here I am taking a picture of my son and DIL while my youngest takes a picture of all of us.




Hubby, Zachary, and me in front of the Olympic Rings.



We had a wonderful visit.

On our way home back to PEI with the sun setting. All we see beneath us is clouds. We flew 3600 miles to get there and pretty tuckered when we got home.


I hope you enjoyed my little peek at Christmas in Vancouver. Please join me on Monday for another Tea Time Tuesday. Thanks for visiting.

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

23 comments :

  1. How wonderful to gather for Christmas, and such a distance too. PEI to Vancouver.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! So glad you shared the photos! What a wonderful family and how special you were all able to get together for Christmas, and in our neck of the country too! We LOVE Earl's. Always good. And Whistler is such a fun place to visit, although we have never been there for Christmas, just during the summer. Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi! Great to see your family photos at Christmas. You have a beautiful family and I am so glad you got to take this wonderful trip! The photos of Whistler are spectacular. I have been there, some years ago. I was there in summer though.
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! You have a lovely family.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Sandi

    You had quite the Christmas adventure with your lovely family. The children are little cuties!

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures of wonderful family times. I love your little teacup ornament. Such a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi,
    You have some nice memories captured on camera. My Mom and sister and I went to Whistler when we visited my sis there 17 years ago and I loved it too.
    Your grandchildren are adorable!

    Enjoy your weekend,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sandi, how delightful- everyone looks so happy - and your gbabies are darling.

    Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful pictures of your trip to Vancouver Sandi. I haven't been to Whistler but my nephew goes mountain biking there in summer. We love Earl's restaurant in Fort McMurray. Your grandchildren are really cute. It must have been so wonderful to spend time with them all. See you on Monday for TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandi, Looks like you had a wonderful time with your family. How nice. That village does look like a postcard! Cute grandchildren, so glad you finally got to meet Jenna Lynn. My name is Gina Lynn, very close! :)
    Have a great rest of your weekend! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Preciosas imágenes de tu viaje de Navidad. Tienes una hermosa familia. Te felicito.
    Tu blog me fascina, todos los días lo miro para ver tu tazas que son únicas.

    Yo soy de Argentina, también preparo el té los martes pero lo hago con mi estilo y mis tazas que son más humildes. Le doy un toque de poesía porque soy escritora.

    Un beso Sandy y gracias por venir a mi blog, es un honor para mí.

    Espero que puedas traducir mi mensaje.

    Un abrazo bien grande.
    Yo también soy tu seguidora.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandi ... what a lovely family! Looks like some fabulous memories were created. Wonderful photos ... my fav is the one with Zachary and Jenna-Lynn strolling off while you took the photo of your sons. Wishing you a wonderful week-end..Hugs and blessings, C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a beautiful family and it looks like you had a wonderful time visiting :)
    Thank you for sharing your delightful pictures.

    Hugs to you,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandi,
    You have a beautiful family. Your grand kids are adorable. Love your Whistler photo's. We went there for a wedding a few years ago. Loved it there. Thanks for sharing.
    hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sandi:
    Your Christmas story is so magical. How lovely to have spent it with most of your family. Only Jeff and family were missing but you get to see them when you got home. I hope Joel and Carina get to move home to PEI this year..Love Auntie P

    ReplyDelete
  16. What great photos Sandi! Beautiful scenery. Grand children are adorable!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sandi,your holiday looks wonderful. I am so pleased you had such a good time with your family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sandi,
    what a precious time to be with the children and grandchildren for Christmas. Your grandkids are both so cute kids. I am happy that you had a wonderful time.
    Best greetings,
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Sandi,
    What a wonderful trip!! Your granddaughter is absolutely darling! All the "kids" are.
    Great trip and thanks for sharing.
    Ruthie from: http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved seeing your family pics and all the scenery. What a wonderful time you must've had being with your darlings. Aren't those grands so cute??!! Your whole family is precious, Sandi! You are blessed. XO

    ReplyDelete
  21. So sweet, your little grand daughter is just precious. I can tell a good time was had by all.
    Thanks for letting us share in the fun.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Sandi ...

    What a beautiful kalidescope of pictures you have shared... and how very special to meet your darling grand-daughter... What memories you have laced into your hearts. Whistler is truly beautiful in the winter, especially if you're a skier...

    A fabulous trip and a gorgeous teaset... It really is a friendly setting that endears one to cherish family and home... Sweet blessing to you and your family...Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.