Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 5 November 2012

Tea Time Tuesday




"The morns are meeker than they were,

The nuts are getting brown;
The berry's cheek is plumper,
The rose is out of town.
The maple wears a gayer scarf,
The field a scarlet gown.
Lest I should be old-fashioned,
I'll put a trinket on." ~ Emily Dickinson



Hello friends and welcome to my first tea party in November! Once November arrives, you know what that means! Christmas is really in the forefront and I cannot wait to get to the decorating.

But before I get to decorating, let's have a cup of tea.



The other evening I discovered a new David's Tea in town. Of course I wandered in and looked over the variety of teas they offered. One tea in particular caught my eye, or rather my sense of smell, Stormy Night. I was captivated by it and so I bought a package and I am delighted!


This is a lovely loose leaf black tea with chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, and vanilla. It smells incredible!



I was also delighted to find many young people in buying tea. Perhaps tea is becoming fashionable again on our little Island.


So won't you join me for a cuppa and a Madeleine? I would like to sprinkle some powdered sugar over the cookies but Hubby doesn't care for it.



I am using my Johnson Bros. Friendly Village today.


Hubby started me on this pattern which is wonderful for this time of year.

The rose is out of town as the poem above states so I am getting mine at the grocery store these days.


"Usefulness is not impaired by imperfection. You can drink from a chipped cup." ~ Greta Nagel


I received several pieces of this pattern including the teapot for Christmas last year and for Mother's Day he gifted me with a few more. Some pieces are vintage and some are new. I have been waiting to use it and today is the day!



Tea is a hug in a cup. ~ Patrick Jane - "The Mentalist"




The Madeleines are lovely with a cup of tea!




Pretty soon, you'll be seeing these popping up on my posts!


I am delighted you have stopped by for tea today! Your presence always makes my tea party that much more special.

We continue to pray for the victims of the superstorm Sandy last week. I pray you are all safe today and your needs are being met. God be with you all!


I am happy to see all your tea things, whether you have shared them before or not. This tea party is all about sharing your joy of tea time and any thoughts you might have on the subject. You may be as creative, fancy, or as laid back with your tea time as you wish!

Do you have a favourite teacup/teapot or mug that you would like to share with us today? I would love to see it and I'm sure others would too! If you wish, you may do coffee instead of tea or the following is acceptable too:
Hot Apple Cider
Hot Chocolate
Lemonade
Iced Tea or iced coffee
Punch in a lovely bowl.
No alcoholic beverages please.

The Tea Time Tuesday button on my sidebar is available for you to use in your post or place on your sidebar if you wish. A poem, tea quote, or scripture verse would be more than welcome! To be sure everyone has a visit, it would be nice if you visited the participant before and after your name. Inlinkz is available below for you to sign up for my tea party.

As a courtesy, please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit with all my lovely participants.

I am joining the following parties as well~

Heart and Home ~ http://angelwingsandapronstrings.blogspot.com/
A Return to Loveliness ~ http://blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/
Table Top Tuesday~ http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday~ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Tuesday Cuppa Tea~ http://antiquesandteacups.blogspot.com/
Friends Sharing Tea ~ http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Thursday~ http://missspensersblog.blogspot.com/
Share Your Cup Thursday~ http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
Cottage Style Linky Party~ http://lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Potpourri Friday~ http://twenty-eight-0-five.blogspot.com/


"This is the day which the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it." ~ Psalm 118:24

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

46 comments :

  1. Gorgeous as always. Loved it.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Sandi! The poem is perfect! Nice to see Friendly Village come out...always makes me think the holidays can't be far behind. Love photos. I like the madeleines with powdered sugar as well...Have a wonderful day and thanks for hosting, as always my friend!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your teaset looks perfect for this time of the year. Just lovely. I have to say I want to try that tea. I love chocolate, cinnamon, vanilla, and coconut. It must taste delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tea-cups are beautiful and the tea-pot...oh my goodness!
    Isn't it great to find a new tea that you absolutely love. Yes, the holidays are right around the corner and I am thinking 'Christmas'. I'll be back to join your party. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Friendly Village, Sandi. It is great for this time of year. I have 4 place settings but no teapot of this lovely pattern. You will enjoy exploring David's Tea. I have purchased many teas from there (online). My favorite is Pumpkin Chai, which I will drink all year round provided it is available. It's so delicious! Have a good week, Sandi!
    Hugs and blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi,
    Very lovely post! I love your Friendly Village collection ... so beautiful and nostalgic!
    Thank you for hosting, dear Sandi!
    Blessings,
    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Sandi
    Your Friendly Village pieces conjure up images of wintry day outdoor activities followed by tea or chocolate in a cozy home. Lovely.
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post Sandi! I love your new teaset. Seeing that pattern makes me feel like sitting by the fire and having a cup of tea. I was happy to see you quoted Patrick Jane(:
    Have a great week.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Afternoon, Sandi,
    So sweet for your hubby to buy you dishes. They are just right for now. I love your autumn photos. What gorgeous colors and scenery.
    Love your choice of starting with that Emily Dickenson poem, the Greta Nagel one too I have writte down what fun to quote Patrick Jane too. :)
    xo Ruthie from Lady B's

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandi, Thanks for the tea in the Friendly Village cups. I love that pattern and only have the teacups/saucers and salad plates that I use for dessert plates. I've been thinking about getting the teapot. I was trying not to get hooked on this pattern and not get too many pieces of it, but after seeing your pretty post I think it's a lost cause for me now. *winks* Gina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Friendly village is a lovely set. I have several friends that use it regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that china Sandi! You are so blessed to have that many pieces including the teapot! I am feeling the Christmas mood coming on too. Have a great week! Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love, love transferware and Friendly Village is one of my fav. Thank you my friend for hosting such a sweet party. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love your tea service and that very rustic pattern. Really cozy!

    Tea and chocolate... is that good? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Sandi
    Your Friendly Village is a nice pattern and looks like a Victorian tea set.
    Lucky you to get a David's Tea on the island, I have to stock up when we head north to our daughter's house. Every season they come up with new blends. Beth and I are both hooked on the pumpkin chai.
    I too will soon be digging out the winter/Christmas decor. And to think our American friends have not even had their Thanksgiving yet!
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful tea set Sandi, your blog is lovely and I like the quotes and pictures on the side bar, beautiful. Best Wishes Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sandi, I love your Friendly Village pattern. I saw some at my Homegoods. I may have to go buy a few pieces. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have one plate of the Johnson Brothers Friendly Village. I love your whole set! I am glad tea is coming back in style on your island!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have enjoyed my tea with you today with your friendly village tea set. Just right for a pleasant afternoon.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your teaset just reminded to get my Friendly Village set out too. Perfect for a cool day. Your madeleines looks delicious and the tea sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dearest Sandi,
    How I love your beautiful and uplifting blog. It is such a genuine reflection of your testimony to God's goodness in your life. I do believe we are all called to be a sweet fragrance to those around us.

    Your Johnson Bros dishes are so beautiful. Your husband was so thoughtful to bless you with them.

    Oh...The tea that has coconut and chocolate sounds scrumptious...so perfect for a cold, windy Autumn day.

    Thank you for featuring my button lamp...It is a constant reminder of the light that my Grandmother shed on my life because of her strong faith in Jesus Christ our Lord.
    I pray you have a lovely week, my dear friend.
    Blessings,
    Carolynn xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Johnson Brothers china and have wanted to begin a set of Friendly Village, but found myself collecting His Majesty instead. You have a wonderful collection and the photos are terrific. Visiting from Table Top Tuesday and am your newest follower. Would love for you to visit me at Still Woods Farmhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Dear Sandi,
    Your tea today is beautiful. I think your set of Friendly Village is stunning! What an amazing design they have made. The tea pot too, is really magnificent! Perfect set for the upcoming holiday and all through winter!
    The new tea sounds delicious!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sandi, your china is perfect for this tea. Love the tree in the teacup. You always give us the best at your tea parties.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is a beautiful teaset and the tea sounds very good for your time of the year.
    As always it is a joy to visit here.
    I'm so glad I'm back to blogging.
    Shel x

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is a beautiful teaset and the tea sounds very good for your time of the year.
    As always it is a joy to visit here.
    I'm so glad I'm back to blogging.
    Shel x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful "friendly village" tea set! how lovely they look and the stormy night tea you bought and drink is making me drool, thank you so much for sharing and hosting another tea time tuesday! love all your photos as always.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely photos and Johnson Brothers' Friendly Village is one of my favorite patterns...perfect for this time of year.The Stormy Night tea sounds really interesting.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the Friendly Village pattern. This is such a beautiful tablescape. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sandi, I love, love, love those tea cups. What a beautiful winter scene. So perfect... Great post. Thanks for sharing such beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love this set of china with its happy winter scene; it makes me feel warm and cozy inside ~ so exciting.

    :) Hope

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Sandi,
    Your tea set is lovely! I like that pattern. I can't wait till Christmas too. We put up the tree, the garlands, and the mantel decor this weekend. hubs and I had a burst of energy. I still have to tweak it but, when it is there in front of me is when it is easiest to think about what to tweak.LOL Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dear Sandi, Your tea for this week is so beautiful and your Friendly Village china make it perfect for this season. You have a very smart hubby to pick out that pattern! I've started listening to Christmas carols and think I'll start decorating the porch soon, before we get too much snow. Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful week.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  34. Dear Sandi,
    I am late but I am coming for tea. I love this tea set. It is really perfect for the season and so is your tea Stormy Night. The ingredients sound interesting for a special flavour. And your Madeleines are a yummy treat. Thank you for sharing your wonderful tea set, the sweets and your precious quotes. I always enjoy to join this party.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my gosh Sandi I just found a small pitcher at a thrift store with this pattern today. I had no idea what it was but I loved the covered bridge scene. It also has the most beautiful scallopy top edge. I will be showing it in a post on Thursday. I would love for you to hop over and see it then. Wonder if it's old or new? Any way to tell? Now that I see yours I think I want more, more, more! lol!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Sandi,
    Love your poem and quote from Patrick/Mentalist! One of my favorite shows. Your new tea sounds so delicious and the madelienes look yummy. I love your Friendly Village china. Have a wonderful day!
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your Friendly Village is beautiful. I had never seen it before. Love the the little tree...so cute. Thank you for sharing. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/11/make-it-pretty-monday-week-22.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  38. Friendly Village is one of my very favorite patterns. Your table looks so inviting and I am sure the tea is delicious.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Sandi: This is one of my all time favorite patterns. It works so well for the fall. Just beatuiful! Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous tea set and yummy madeleines. Love the poem dear Sandi. Great photos. Thank you for hosting yet, another lovely tea party. Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  41. Exciting tea you find in the store. Seasoning Seems to be a good mix. Perfect for a chilly autumn day. I have read so much about Madeleine cakes. But yet, I have not tasted them. Friendly Village is perfect this time of year. I use my teacup often. I wish you a nice day! Zinnia

    ReplyDelete
  42. Kicking myself - once again - for passing up the opportunity to take home a full setting for 12 of Friendly Village only last year. OH! How I wish the cash had been at hand - but, alas - it was not. I loved it all displayed at the thrift store where I found it - at a steal of a price, too - but not enough of a deal for my purse at the time. But, the Lord gives me my deals of the day in His good pleasure and due season - and I get to enjoy your setting out of Friendly Village today - such a welcoming and warm setting on this unseasonably snowy day in South Jersey. Much to be retreating in my mind and heart about today. A bit of cozy is doing me quite well. Prayerful that the weather normalizes by my daughter's wedding next week!!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Sandi.....I love your quote by Patrick Jane and I like the way he's always drinking tea wherever he goes in the show...priority 1...put the kettle on!!! Make a cup of Tea!!
    Sounds like me.
    have a good day
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Sandi,
    just hopping by to let you know that I will be featuring you later today at Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.