Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Friday 21 September 2012

Pink Saturday

Hello bloggerettes~ Can you believe the weekend is here already? Before we know it, the Christmas trees will be going up!




It has been a very noisy couple of weeks on my street. They are filling in the ditches so there has been much rumbling, thumping, back-up beeping, and red clay floating in the air outside my front door.


What normally is a very quiet neighborhood has been turned into a construction zone! Early in the morning it starts and goes until supper time, oftentimes until dark. Talk about noisy and messy!

Whew! I am so happy we are getting our very deep ditches filled in but I will be glad when they're done! Even my music doesn't drown out the racket.

In spite of all the ruckus going on, one last brave little rose opened up on one of my bushes. I had to rescue it from the noise and chaos going on out there.


I think it's quite content to have been brought inside where it can be enjoyed, sitting in a little lead crystal vase on the window sill. There are some raindrops still clinging to its petals.

And here it lends itself to a little vignette; a cottagey candle lamp and my vintage teacups. These teacups were found in thrift shops and cost seven dollars each. Being Royal Albert and in perfect condition, I am thrilled to have them!


A little candle light makes everything more beautiful as does a pink rose!



Hope your weekend is beautiful and filled with pink! Happy Autumn! I am joining Beverly for Pink Saturday.


Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

26 comments :

  1. Sandi, I love your Royal Albert teacups and only $7 each. How lucky you are. Such a pretty pink rose.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful post Sandi
    Your photos are warming and homely.
    wishing you a peaceful week end
    val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now Sandi, don't you be wishing for Christmas yet. :-)
    Royal Albert does make some of the prettiest teacups and your single pink rose is lovely.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful vignette Sandi. I love your pinks and what a great buy on the Royal Albert teacups. Happy Pink Saturday.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi,

    I love your teacups and what a perfect sweet vignette! Oh please don't say that about the Christmas Trees (although I've been thinking that too), I just pulled out the pumpkins....... Hope your weekend is lovely. Wishing you a Happy Pink Saturday.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love! the "cottage candle lamp". It reminds me of an old church. Beautiful post. Wishing you some quiet times

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Sandi. I have one lone rose on my bush too! Have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Sandi. I have one lone rose on my bush too! Have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandi,
    Hope things quiet down soon. I picked some roses today too as it sounded like they might drown tomorrow.
    Your teacups were a great buy. The china you asked me about came from the Salvation Army in Summerside.
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely pink rose and it goes so well with the Old English rose pattern. Lovely! I hope they finish the work around you quickly. Think how nice it will be when they're done....Have a great weekend.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely rose!

    My PINK
    Your comment is always a delight to read, leave me one when you can.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your neighbour hood returns to piece very quickly.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is an incredibly pretty rose, and looks particularly lovely in your vignette.
    I hope the work is soon completed, non-stop noise is such a nuisance, especially if you are used to quiet.
    You are right about Christmas, it soon creeps up on us once summer has ended.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandi, I think the little rose is much happier inside away from the chaos!
    Have a lovely Pink Saturday and weekend...xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my, doesn't feel like fall ya'll one little bit :)
    Hope all the noisy work is done soon.
    Happy Pink Saturday !

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI Sandi..we were in Costco the other day and all the Christmas stuff is up. I'm not ready yet for that. Wishing you a beautiful weekend...calm...quiet....and full of His joy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice post thanks for sharing looking for to visit more..blessings

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your teacups were a real find and they are beautiful!!! So true, time flies so fast!! :D Good luck with the noise!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous post for Pink Saturday! Love to see the tea cups and roses.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sandi....Happy Pink Saturday. Thanks for dropping by....I wasn't finished my post, just added two new photos....hope you'll have a peek.

    Thanks for your sentiments. I appreciate that very much.


    ciao bella
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your pink rose is stunningly beautiful. Love the vase it is in too! Hope they get things fixed out there soon so you can get back to serenity.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Pink Saturday sugar! What a lovely flower you rescued!!!
    xoxo
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great post! Like the flower:)

    Visiting from PS- hope you can stop by..

    http://www.never-ending-journey.com/2012/09/cotton-candy-maker.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love that candle lamp, Sandi. So sweet. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Pink Saturday, Sandi. I am so glad you joined us today, and I appreciate you always making Pink Saturday special.

    I'm so glad that sweet rose was a survivor and that you rescued it to enjoy inside. That little cottage lamp is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aww, I love your rose. Its like one last whispter of warm weather! nHope you had a Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.