Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 23 July 2012

Tea Time Tuesday


"If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give." ~ George MacDonald

Welcome to Tea Timedear friends! I hope you all had a lovely weekend!

Before I begin my tea party today, I am happy to tell you that our son received his PhD in Mathematics from the University of Toronto this past Friday. We are so proud of his accomplishments! He has accepted a position at the University of Illinois-Urbana Champagne and will be headed down there in mid-August.


Isn't he handsome? He has done very well for a small town boy and I'm a proud Mama! Congratulations, Sweetie!

Now, on to our tea....Queen Anne's Lace is abundant here on the Island right now so you know what I will be using for a bouquet today. 


I gathered a big bunch of it and arranged it in my blue-green vase. I love this lacy flower which lends itself so beautifully to the tea table.


I am using the pretty green daisy placemats my Auntie P gave me as well as Skye McGhie's Garden Whispers teacup and plate.

A Cup of Tea
When the world is all at odds
And the mind is all at sea

Then cease the useless tedium
And brew a cup of tea.


There is magic in its fragrance,
There is solace in its taste;


And the laden moments vanish
Somehow into space.


And the world becomes a lovely thing!
There's beauty as you'll see;

All because you briefly stopped
To brew a cup of tea.
~ William Gladstone


I love this set for summertime. I find it so whimsical with its butterflies, ladybugs, bees, and dragonflies.

A beautiful pink stained glass butterfly also joins the party.





As well as a scrumptious caramel swirl cheesecake....Yum!





Happiness is sharing tea with a friend.


It's not the tea, it's the spirit of the tea party. And the spirit of the tea party, is above all, the spirit of true friendship.~ Emilie Barnes


"Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel." ~ Proverbs 27:9


I am happy to see all your tea things, whether you have shared them before or not. This tea party is all about sharing your joy of tea time and any thoughts you might have on the subject. And for the summer months, I would love to see your teacups and teapots indoors as well as out in the garden, at the beach, on a park bench, etc...

Also I would enjoy seeing your teacup and teapot crafts as well as recipes and any stories you might have to share about tea time. So, let's have fun this summer with our teas. Get out there and be as creative, fancy, or as laid back as you wish!

I am delighted you have stopped by for a visit today. Your presence always make my tea party that much more special! Do you have a favourite teacup/teapot or mug that you would like to share with us today? I would love to see it and I'm sure others would too!

If you wish, you may do coffee instead of tea or the following is acceptable too:
Hot apple cider
Hot chocolate
Lemonade
Iced tea or coffee
Punch in a lovely bowl.
No alcoholic beverages please.

The Tea Time Tuesday button on my sidebar is available for you to use in your post or place on your sidebar if you wish. A poem, tea quote, or scripture verse would be more than welcome! To be sure everyone has a visit, it would be nice if you visited the participant before and after your name.

Inlinkz is available below for you to sign up for my tea party.
As a courtesy, please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit with all my lovely participants.

I am joining the following parties as well~

Heart and Home  ~ http://angelwingsandapronstrings.blogspot.com/
A Return to Loveliness ~ http://blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday ~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Tea Cup Tuesday~ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
Tuesday Cuppa Tea~ http://antiquesandteacups.blogspot.com/
Tea in the Garden~ http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/
Tea Cup Thursday~ http://missspensersblog.blogspot.com/

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

40 comments :

  1. Beautiful photos, Sandi! You are an artist with a camera. Your teacup is sweet and whimsical, and your dessert looks great! Love the Queen Anne's lace too. Happy Tea Time Tuesday!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your son on his PhD. The Queen Ann's Lace is beautiful as is your butterfly tea cup and saucer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your son, and yes, he is very handsome!
    Such a pretty post. You are right, the Queen Anne lace looks lovely on the tea table. Your tea set is beautiful, just right for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandi, congratulations for your son! My brother did his PHD in Education an I know how challenging it is to do balancing life; the sacrifices and all the hard work! Congratulations!!!

    Oh your teacup is brilliant .. I love the nature on it.. perfect for this time of year.... wishing you a fabulous week! and thank you for hosting a wonderful place for us to gather...xo C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi, I forgot to say congratulations are in order to your son. How bright and handsome he is! I know you are very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandi, I forgot to say congratulations are in order to your son. How bright and handsome he is! I know you are very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to your son and to both you and your husband for raising him. Very proud you are, I'm sure. Love the china today. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful for your son. Math, no less! Pretty impressive! Your setting is lovely as usual. The Queen Anne's Lace is lovely...although very unpopular in this organic gardening area as it is a wild carrot and affects the seed/pollination pool. Who knew???
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. First -- congratulations to your son. You are correct to be proud ... a PhD doesn't come along every day and in Math! Wow! I love your Skye McGhie's Garden Whispers china. So pretty with all the insects and dainty flowers. Perfect for summer. Thank you for hosting and happy tea day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sandi, Congratulations to your son! What a wonderful accomplishment and opportunity! My daughter was just offered a teaching job today - God is so very good! I just love your teacup and saucer - love anything with bees, butterflies and flowers! I do appreciate you hosting and sharing,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandi,
    Congratulations to your son! Looking at your profile picture he sure looks like his Mama!
    I ejoyed your tea today so much. Your teacup and plate is so darling and so perfect for summer. Queen Anne Lace flower is one of my favorites and self seeds freely in my gardens. Happy tea time week and thank you for hosting your party.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to your son. You should be a proud Mama :-) I love your teacup. I think I have the matching tea pot!!

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to your handsome Son, I know you are so proud of him and rightly so.
    I love your teacup
    1

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandi. Congratulations to you on your son's recent accomplishment. That is so wonderful! What a handsome young man. Your tea today is sweet and I love the bouquet of Queen Anne's Lace. Thank you for hosting. Hugs, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Sandi, to you and to your son! I know you are so proud of him. I loved your tea with the pretty cup and lovely matching plate. The cheesecake looks wonderful. Your cloches are so pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sandi! First off, Woohoo and Congrats to your son and to you and your family! that is so awesome!! You have every right to be such a proud Mama!
    This tea set is so sweet. I love how cute it is. And the placemat is beautiful! I think i just gained 5 pounds just imagining eating some of that cheesecake! Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to your handsome son, (who looks like his lovely mother!) for his PhD and I am very happy he's got a position waiting for this very accomplished young man. The Queen Anne lace is so exquisite and looks lovely on your table, along with that yummy cake on that beautiful tea table! Thank you for hosting this wonderful party.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely idea and you beat me to it :) I look forward to participating in this link-up more often and I will follow your blog :)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. all very lovely here - love the bug and butterfly pattern. Very fun and off course - I do love Queen Anne's Lace.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OOOPs - forgot to say congrats on your son! That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your choice of china...so delicate and full of nature! Sweet little butterflies and ladybugs and dragonflies...delightful for a warm summer day.
    Many congratulations to your son! What an accomplishment! Yes, you should be proud!
    Thank you for sharing the good news and the happy tea time with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sandi, that boy of yours is a handsome dude and smart, too! WOW! A doctor in the family. Congratulations to all. That is so wonderful. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Sandi,
    Your tea setting is lovely today!
    Queen Ann's Lace is such an ethereal flower. It complements your gorgeous nature themed tea set so perfectly!
    The daisy doilies are gorgeous underneath as well.
    Congratulations to your son! I am sure you are very proud.
    Hugs
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sandi
    Just wanted to congratulate you on your son. Yes, he is very nice looking! I know you are so proud of him. He must take after his beautiful mother! :)

    Your teascapes are lovely as always.

    Have a wonderful week.
    Hugs,
    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  25. sandi, congrats to your handsome son. you should be a proud mama!
    I love Queen Ann's Lace. Who ever decided that it is a weed? Love your lovely teacup and butterfly. My friend just gave me a stained glass butterfly for my birthday. I must share it with a tea post soon.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  26. congratulations to you son Sandi, love your post, I love your queen Anns lace, I got some cut after the rain but didn't get a picture of it, I may slip one in tomorrow. I agree that it shouldn't be a weed, it's all along the roadsides and it is so pretty.
    Your teacup and saucer is so pretty and that Caramel cake is making me so hungry. Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  27. I messed up, forgot to put blogspot.ca after my link. Can you correct that, as you have had to in the past. It should be teacoziecottage.blogspot.ca
    sorry about that, or I could just add another?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Sandi,

    Congrats to your son. What a great accomplishment. I hope you saw my post recently on Queen Anne's Lace.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can only imagine how truly special it must be to take tea at your home! Everything looks so delicate and perfectly set. A real treat, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Sandi,
    What a joy you share with us this week! Congratulations to your son!
    And to celebrate such a bliss, you prepared a lovely tea, full of the beauty we find in nature around us.
    I love those butterflies!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Sandi! Oh, what a beautiful post! Your sons a very handsome young man I I know you're so very proud of him. I wish him the best in his endeavors. You always set up a beautiful tea! the Queen Ann's Lace is so pretty and dainty.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. way to go mom!!!! you must be soooo proud!! wow!

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Sandi,
    Congratulations to your Son! What a wonderful accomplishment. You must be one proud Mommy. Your Queen Anne Lace looks lovely. Beautiful teacup! And your cheese cake looks so yummy...I would love a piece! Thanks for hosting.
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your china Sandi, it reminds me of one I have, with butterflies, flowers, drangonflies, etc. Yours is gorgeous. I love the cloche with the beautiful stain glass butterfly inside it! Thank you for hosting dear Sandi, I love this elegant tea party!
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations to your son!!
    Maths! He must quite a brainy boy, lol!
    You have every right to be proud of him, Sandi.

    I love your tea setting with the gorgeous Queen Anne's Lace.
    It's one of my favourite cottage flowers :-)
    Your cup is so fresh and summery with all its delightful garden motifs!!

    Sandi, thank you for visiting my friend to rejoice with her - God is so good!
    What a privilege it is to know Him and His merciful love!
    Have a very blessed week, my friend..Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. You do indeed have a very handsome son. Smart too! Congratulations.
    The Queen's Ann's Lace is something I have been longing for in my garden. It grows on the side of the road here on eastern Long Island and is not sold in the nurseries. Does that mean it is a weed? It is the most beautiful flower and looks so pretty by itself or with other flowers. I will have to put a shovel in my car...
    China looks lovely and the cheesecake-yum and the extra little butterfly completes the picture.
    All the best, Ruthie from: http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. congratulations to your smart son

    and I found some beautiful tea cups & saucers at yard sale , however I don't have them on my posts yet I want to set a complete table ans show them off
    they are sweet rose patterns

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sandi,

    I am a little late joining you- had my nieces yesterday and no time to photograph or blog - hate to be late.

    However, Merry Christmas in July!!

    Your china and pics are lovely!! Love that butterfly, too!

    Congrats on your son - that is amazing news. He is very handsome, too - I wish him the best!

    Illinois is one state over. How convenient. : - )

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hello Sandi, it is nice to meet you. I wanted to thank you for passing by and making a comment on my post about my step mums healing. we are indeed rejoicing at the moment. I also want to thank you for the prayers you have offered for my dad. I pray God will bless you dear lady for your kindness.
    Nell

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.