Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 14 May 2012

Soothing Whites with a Touch of Green for Tea Time Tuesday


"Tea is a time in which we were perfectly contented with ourselves and one another." ~ Charles Dickens 

Hello lovely ladies and welcome to another Tea Time!

I hope you all had a fabulous Mother's Day! I had a very busy weekend myself, baking muffins for a Mother's Day Tea at church and cooking for a celebration at my son's where we celebrated not only Mother's Day but my son's graduation as well. 




So, it's nice to sit quietly and have a cup of tea with you today.
I want to thank you all for your lovely comments last week on my Anniversary post. I appreciate each and every comment, and you!

Last weekend when Hubby and I were away for our little get-away, I found this pretty plate.



It is another Skye McGhie pattern called Antique Rose and I just couldn't pass it by. The lady at the antique shop told me she always travels to the US to buy her inventory. I love the white and green rose pattern with the gold trim!


The beautiful doily beneath the plate was crocheted by my late Aunt Ethel.

I can even hang the plate if I wish because it has two openings in the back.



I must apologize because the lighting was terrible when I took these photos but doesn't the plate look pretty with my Cream Lace pieces?



Our friendship is like a pot of tea...
a special blend of you and me. ~ Unknown




Do you see my wee Eiffel Tower?






My youngest son brought it back from Paris for me. Can you see Paris on it? It is keeping good company with the fleur de lis pattern on the Cream Lace teapot and teacup.



I do love these creamy coloured porcelain pieces! And my white tulips lend themselves so beautifully.




I made a dessert for tea today. The recipe is below.




This is a light dessert and makes about twelve servings which is wonderful when you have company.

It starts with a graham cracker crumb base. A layer of cream cheese/whipped topping  goes on next....


Then a layer of pudding....



Spread dollops of whipped topping over the pudding layer and refrigerate. Just before serving add sliced strawberries or chocolate curls.





Striped Delight
1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter/margarine
1-8 oz. package softened cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
2 TBSP milk
1-8oz container Cool Whip
2 pkgs. {4 serving size} Jello Chocolate instant pudding
3-1/2 cups cold milk

NOTE- You may use 1 package of 6 serving size instant pudding with 2-1/2 cups of cold milk.

1. Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and melted butter. Press firmly into a 9X13 inch pan.
2. Beat cream cheese with sugar and 2 TBSP milk until smooth. Fold in half the Cool Whip and spread over crust.
3. Using cold milk, prepare pudding as directed on package.  Pour over cream cheese layer and chill several hours or overnight.
4. Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding. Garnish with chocolate curls or strawberries.
Makes 12-15 servings. Enjoy!
**You can also make this dessert using Pistachio, Lemon, or Butterscotch pudding. 





Skye McGhie teacups with their lacy cut-out saucers. Top to bottom are; Chantilly Lace, Cream Lace, and Pierced Lace.



Although hard to see, the two bottom cups both have the fleur de lis on them.

A little nosh with your cuppa tea....



"God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." ~ Psalm 73:26



I always enjoy seeing all your tea things, whether you have shared them before or not.

This tea party is all about sharing your joy of tea time and any thoughts you may have on the subject. 

And for the Summer months, I would love to see your teacups and teapots indoors as well as out in the garden, at the beach, on a park bench, etc...
Also I would enjoy seeing your teacup and teapot crafts as well as recipes and any stories you might wish to share with us for tea time. So, let's have fun this Summer with our teas! Get out there and be as creative, fancy, or as laid back as you wish.


Happiness is sharing tea with a friend.

I am delighted you have stopped by for a visit today. Your presence always make my tea party that much more special! Do you have a favourite teacup/teapot or mug that you would like to share with us today? I would love to see it and I'm sure others would too!
If you wish, you may do coffee instead of tea or the following is acceptable too:
Hot Apple Cider
Hot Chocolate
Lemonade
Iced Tea or iced coffee
Punch in a lovely bowl.
No alcoholic beverages please.

The Tea Time Tuesday button on my sidebar is available for you to use in your post or place on your sidebar if you wish. A poem, tea quote, or scripture verse would be more than welcome! To be sure everyone has a visit, it would be nice if you visited the participant before and after your name.
Inlinkz is available below for you to sign up for my tea party.

As a courtesy, please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit with all my lovely participants.

I am joining the following parties as well~

Simply Sweet
A Return to Loveliness
Table Top Tuesday
Teacup Tuesday
Teacup Tuesday
Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Tea in the Garden
Teacup Thursday


Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

44 comments :

  1. I like your new plate very much. So delicate and understated.
    How nice that there was a double celebration for you with your son's graduation too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post!

    I love your very special new plate of roses, gorgeous!

    So glad you enjoyed your busy weekend - you had much going on to be sure!

    I hope it is ok I link my mug giveaway - hopefully more people can see it this way.....will finish up my regular tea post later and link that too, if that's ok with you!! Hope so!!

    I don't mean to be tacky, but I still am new and I know our tea friends love pretty china mugs, too!

    Thanks for hosting a wonderful linky party! Hugs!

    Have a blessed day, Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi,

    I bet you could crumble chopped up Heath Bar on top and it would give it a crunchie crumble - could be a nice addition too- this looks GREAT for tea time, I am definately going to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how lovely. Your dishes are gorgerous, love the soft color in them and the lovely design with lace. The plate of roses is stunning! The layer cake looks so yummy too!! Hope you had a wonderful MDay. Thank you for hosting.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi, Your new plate is beautiful and the Cream Lace pattern is so elegant and pretty. Your dessert looks good too. I have made a similar one with pistachio pudding. It would be good with lemon too. Congratulations to your son on his graduation! Have a great week! Thanks for sponsoring TTT.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi, Your new plate is beautiful and the Cream Lace pattern is so elegant and pretty. Your dessert looks good too. I have made a similar one with pistachio pudding. It would be good with lemon too. Congratulations to your son on his graduation! Have a great week! Thanks for sponsoring TTT.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi,
    I love your new plate...so lovely! And your dessert looks very delicious!
    Thank you for sharing the recipe and for hosting another great party!
    Blessings,
    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love white on white and your new Antique Rose plate is gorgeous. Love the lace pattern on your teacups and saucers. So lovely! Congratulations to your son! Happy Tea Day and thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cups with their pierced saucers~ beautiful with your lace! Your dessert looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful post Sandi. I love your new Antique Rose plate and the cream lace teacups and saucers. The layer cake looks scrumptious. I think I will make it for my book club dessert. Thank you for the recipe.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandi
    I like the soft colours of your new plate and it does look fabulous with the cream lace china.
    The dessert you made for tea this week looks simple to make and yummy.
    Thanks for having us each week for tea.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Sandi, Your new plate is gorgeous! I love the soft coloring! Love your Eiffel Tower - thoughtful gift from your son! Your white and green tea with that delicious dessert is wonderful - thank you for being a gracious hostess,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your new plate is so pretty! I can't wait to try this dessert, it looks so yummy! Thank You for sharing and have a wonderful evening!

    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful plate, Sandi! I love your dessert, too. I have made that before and it is delicious. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful plate, Sandi! I love your dessert, too. I have made that before and it is delicious. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love those white tea-cups. They are all so beautiful. Your dessert looks scrumptious and love your new plate. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your tea things -- that plate is very very pretty!

    And the dessert -- TDF!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sandi: I just love the white tea cups with the lace. I have never found one. I am so glad you had a good Mother's Day. Love the rose plate. Have a great weekend. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sandi; Thank you for having the tea. One of these weeks I will join you and your cream lace cups and pot are very beautiful, especially with the white tulips. I have made that dessert, only with lemon pudding and that is delicious too..Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Sandi,
    you had a lot of nice events in your family to celebrate recently. Congratulation to your son's graduation. So your Mother's day was how Mother's days are: buzy. Anyway you made a wonderful soothing tea time for us with a lovely desert. The new Chintz plate is so charming, looks almost like hand painted. And the lacy cups are to that beautiful. Thank you for having me for this tea and for hosting this sweet event.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sandi,
    It's been a while. I've missed visiting you. As usual, your blog post is lovely.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  22. Green and white always look so fresh and pretty together. Your new plate iwas a nice find , it's a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have a little Eiffel tower as well that my brother brought me from Paris. :-)

    Very pretty blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sandi,
    Thanks for sharing these delicious looking recipes and all the beautiful photos.
    Your new rose plate is a beauty!
    Have a great week!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your settings are always so beautiful and your dessert looks amazing. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  26. A lovely plate to add to your collection.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you, Sandi, for inviting me to join Tea Time Tuesday. I am going to meet some of the others now..Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  28. lovely post - congrats on the anniversary and I LOVE your romantic plate!! That dessert looks like it lives up to its name - DELIGHT! YUM! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Sandi! LOVE the beautiful new plate you've got!.. And oh my goodness, dessert looks divine! Thank you for hosting, and I'm so glad I could participate today! Have a wonderful week! ((hugs)) ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dearest Sandi,

    This just so soft and pretty. I love the plate that you got and just wish I could also partake by enjoying a piece of that yummy dessert with my tea!

    Thanks for hosting dear lady.

    Hugs, Wanda Lee

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh I love it all! So pretty! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sandi your plate is just lovely and I really like the delightful lace look of your teacups and teapot. Beautiful blog post.
    Blessings from Arizona,
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Sandi! Thank you for having me for tea! Your tea ware is always so pretty and the dessert! I love this and haven't made it in so long. I feel a good dessert coming on for tonight.
    Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sandi, how special is the Eiffel Tower from Paris...all your dishes and treats look lovely; and about that dessert; gosh, how simple!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sandi, thanks for your sweet words on my blog post. The prayers are much appreciated. God is good and will get me through all.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I just love the blue and white tea cups and china, but my all=time favorite has to be anything done in those beautiful teeny roses.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Sandi,
    Pretty,pretty plate....I wouldn't pass it up either!!!
    I like your white flowers on the aged look stand.....beautiful
    Have a good week
    God Bless
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Sandi!
    Thank you so much for stopping by and for following my blog! So honored!
    I really enjoyed your Tea Time post and would love to participate soon!
    I will follow your blog and put you in my sidebar to keep up with new posts!
    Your pretty white teacups are so lovely ~ Tea time is my favorite time of day!
    Blessings always,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful plate! Your tea cups with lace is lovely. I am looking for something similar. They are so graceful. Your cream colored teapot is so cute with its subtle patterns. perfect for a hot day. The cake looks yummy out. . I wish you a wonderful day! Zinnia

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Sandi, So love the lace cut saucers and cups..all so lovely!A beautiful afternoon tea! Have a wonderful day,Yvette x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Sandi,
    I love your new plate..gorgeous! Your dessert looks delicious. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful week.
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love all the whites! And that doily is gorgeous. I will take a piece of that cake with my tea now. thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh wow Sandi, I love your tea setting. The plate is gorgeous. Thank you for hosting such a wonderful tea party.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  44. Another beautiful tea setting Sandi. I always think your china looks so romantic in whites. The tea cup with the embossed pattern is really lovely. Your dessert looks so good, I remember a recipe like this one from my childhood and it was very tasty!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.