Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 5 December 2011

Embrace the Season Christmas Tea


"It is Christmas in the heart
      that puts Christmas in the air." ~ W.T. Ellis


Welcome my lovely friends to Tea Time Tuesday and my Embrace The Season Christmas Tea!

I am also linking my post up with Kathy and her Christmas With Victoria Party.



I am so happy you have joined me today as I have much to share with you. Please come in and make yourself at home as we celebrate this wondrous Season of Love together.

The scent of cinnamon wafts its way through the room, the lights are twinkling, the fire is lit, and the tea is steeping. 


I am sharing my 'new to me' china teacup which I found at the 70 Mile Yard Sale for five dollars. As you can see, it has holly berries on it and it is perfect for the Christmas season. I wonder how many Christmas tea parties it once attended. I would love to hear the stories it could tell!

It is pure white china with holly green trim on the cup and the saucer. It is made by Royal Stafford in England Est. 1845 with a green mark on the bottom.


The other side of the cup has another smaller holly berry motif on it. Hollyberries grace the saucer as well.


Tea is at the ready in the white teapot which Hubby gifted me with last Christmas.





"I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month." ~ Harlan Miller


Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime. ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder 



I have a favourite Christmas memory from my childhood which I would like to share with you today...

Tykes on sleds and shouts of glee, icy-window filigree, sugarplums and candle glow, part of Christmas long ago. ~ Jo Geis 

A Christmas Memory ~
In the wee hours on Christmas morning, my brother and I took turns going into our parents' room, and asked if it was time to get up yet. It was probably around 5:00 AM when they finally left the warm covers of their bed to indulge two excited little kids. Honestly, I don't know how my parents managed that day having little or no sleep.
Christmas morning was the only time we were ever allowed to get away with that!

I was about five years old that special Christmas, when my brother and I got up to see our stockings bulging with goodies. Wonderful hard candy and Barley toys, nuts, and a huge Christmas orange and shiny red apple stuffed the toe of each stocking.
We were as excited as two little tykes could possibly be when we looked over at the big shimmering tree in all its splendor that morning, and saw something that simply took our breath away! 

With eyes as big as saucers, we saw a dog house, built by my Daddy, with a sweet ball of fluff inside.
That warm ball of fluff was the cutest thing you ever did see! He had the gentlest brown eyes, wavy ears, and freckles sprinkled on his nose. The puppy was a pure bread cocker spaniel, white and blond in colour, and we adored him! We called him Jingles, because you see, he was our Christmas present that year. I think my Daddy was as excited over the puppy as we were!

Christmas always had a way of turning my Daddy into a big kid.
After Christmas dinner, Daddy would get down on the floor with my brother and me and we would all watch the Disney cartoons together. What fun we used to have watching Chip n' Dale, Donald Duck, and Mickey Mouse celebrate their Christmases!  
Such good times and lovely memories all tucked away in my heart forever!

Memories are wonderful things, aren't they? One can tuck them away in a secret place and bring them out whenever you want to savour them once more.
Do you have a favourite Christmas memory? I would love to hear about it!


Can you smell the cinnamon? The teapot holds a lovely cinnamon orange tea.


I have some Boston Cream Pie Cake to enjoy with your tea.


Crafting Time~ 
Sweet little wreath
This sweet little wreath I fashioned for the front of the aqua chest which sits beside the sofa in our living room. I took apart an old wreath, glued on the holly and florals, and tied on a beautiful bow. Voila!



Festive Pine cones
I love using pine cones at Christmastime. These were scented with lots of spice and I added some white paint and glitter. Messy, but the outcome is worth it!


Aren't they cute sitting in their little pots? I am using egg cups for the pots.



My little Christmas Cottage
Most of you have seen my little snowy cottage but for those of you who haven't....I took a little paper mache cottage and painted it white and pink, added some snow and glass glitter to create this snug little cottage nestled in the snow under glass.



I imagine wee fairies sipping tea in there. Wouldn't you love to join them?



Would you like a slice of cake?


T'is the season to be jolly.... and for gifting others; Good will toward men.
Let us remember it is the season of the greatest Story ever told, and the greatest Gift ever given.

Mary wrapped the first Christmas present.



"And she gave birth to her first-born son; and she wrapped Him in cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn." ~ Luke 2:7 

I pray that we will all make room for Him in our hearts and our homes not just during this Christmas season but for always.


Merry Christmas from my home to yours!



I am delighted you have stopped by today! Next week, I will be joining my tea post with Wanda Lee and Pam for their whimsical Gingerbread Tea.

 




I would love for you to join me for Tea Time Tuesday!
All you have to do is share a favourite tea cup or teapot, a coffee mug, or something tea related. If you wish, you may do coffee instead of tea or the following is acceptable too: apple cider, iced tea or iced coffee, hot chocolate, lemonade, or punch. Please share a craft, recipe, or Christmas memory too. The TTT button on my sidebar is available for you to use in your post or place on your sidebar if you wish. A poem, tea quote, or scripture verse would be more than welcome!
Please link back to me so your visitors may find their way here and visit with all my lovely participants. 
I am joining these lovely parties too ~

Sherry~ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home

Kathy~ http://blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/
Christmas With Victoria


Marty~ http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/
Table Top Tuesday


Martha~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Teacup Tuesday


Terri~ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
Teacup Tuesday & Deck the Halls Sunday


Wanda Lee~
http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com/
Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday

Pam~
http://breathoffreshair-paperbutterfly.blogspot.com/
Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday

Wanda Lee~ 
http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com/
Tea For Two and Wednesday Tea For Me and Thee

Trish~
http://angelwingsandapronstrings.blogspot.com/
L.A.C.E.

Miss Spenser~ http://missspensersblog.blogspot.com/
Teacup Thursday

Bernideen~ http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/
Friends Sharing Tea









54 comments :

  1. Beautiful...well, actually GORGEOUS!!

    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful memory you have shared today Sandi! Thanks for sharing your story and your beautiful tea cup.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your Christmas tea :) :) I would happily share a nice slice of that lovely Boston Cream Pie cake with you :) :) It looks really delicious ;) :) Your Christmas teacup is really cute :) :) Have a great week. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandi this post brought back a lot of memories for me regarding Christmas as a child including the barley toys, ribbon candy and an orange in the toe of a hand knit woolen sock! Thanks for the sweet memories. Hugs, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sandi,
    A pretty cup have you found. I love the Holly berries on china. Your cake looks tempting.
    I love also your sweet Christmas Memories. A puppy is the best gift, a family can make to themself. For children it is an always happy and funny friend and a protector, too. I don't have so nice memories to my childhoods Christmas. It was always a terrible long time to wait and the upgrown has been every year really in stress. Now Christmas is much more relaxter and "The Reason for the Season" is more in my mind.
    Have a great time and thank you for hosting this charming event.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas decor. Love your Christmas memory....you were very lucky to get a puppy for Christmas, I think I got a teddy puppy one year! Thank you for hosting this special Christmas tea party. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandi
    You found a pretty teacup for the holidays and such a nice teapot that hubby bought you.
    I have to agree, that would be the best Christmas ever, and every child's dream to find a puppy under the tree.
    My nicest memory is of having hubby's grandmother Alice over Christmas Eve and letting her prepare the turkey in the morning while she was still able. If you could have seen how happy it made this precious woman to be bustling around our kitchen, in charge, knowing she was being helpful...and not in the way. She's been gone a long time now but is lovingly remembered.
    Hugs,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything about this post. Your childhood stories, the $5 teacup and I love those pinecones in the egg cups. How simply DARLING is that? Precious!

    Thank you for sharing my giveaway on your sidebar. Not too much longer now...

    Love to you beautiful lady~

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too, often wonder if only tea cups could talk, thats the joy of finding something old.
    You have a lovely post and you have a gift of writing and photography. Love your tea cup and teapot.
    Blessings,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful Sandi! I love your little holly teacup. Very festive. We had similar Christmas mornings. Also up at 5AM. It was the best! Thank you for hosting this lovely Christmas tea! Many blessings to you and yours for this holiday season!
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything is absolutely beautiful! I just love the pinecones in the egg cups ~ what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandi, this post was just beautiful. I loved the passages from scripture that you wove through the post to remind about us the Reason for the Season. I also love your "new" tea cup-it is so perfectly festive!

    Thank you for having me today and for sharing your wonderful story with us all.

    Blessings and best Christmas wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandi, Your cake looks awesome! I love your Christmas tree and loved hearing about that special Christmas when Jingles came to your home. I like your Christmas tea cup too, Sandi. A delightful post!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Christmas tea, the little house you made and the pine cones in the egg cups! Thank you for sharing your Christmas memories, too. Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a delightful tea party. Thank you for the sweet invitation and the lovely visit. I've linked to you from my Sunday post, complete with the special "tea cup" that is with me during this season of life in the Sandwich Generation. I'm also linking you to my Saturday post with several other Christmas blog party sites. One of the difficulties for so many who are juggling caring for elderly parents with raising children or babysitting grandchildren (that's me), is that health or caregiving needs can keep us home from so many fun holiday festivities. What a sweet treat to be able to enjoy some of those same delights online, through lovely parties like yours. Thank you again so much for a wonderful visit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely tea cup Sandi! That was a nice story you shared, too. How wonderful for children to get a puppy for Christmas. Wonderful post! Bess

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your tea cup is so pretty with the holly pattern and I love your little house and pine cones. I found one little Putz house ornament to use in my hutch, and I'm now on the search for some vintage ones. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, forgot to tell you... I'm following you. Please stop by my blog if you have time. :)
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful Sandi! How nice to have Boston Cream pie...a favorite! Love your setting and Merry Christmas tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Sandi,
    Gorgeous post! I loved reading your childhood Christmas memory. My husband's family would tell us of their shoeboxes filled with candy, oranges and nuts - those are their best memories! Love your creativity! The cottage is simply spectacular! I always enjoy my visits and this Christmas post is most special! Thank you for hosting and for sharing with A Return to Loveliness!
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. so many lovely photos showing that you are all decked out for the Holidays. The teapot your husband gave you last year is so perfect for christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Sandi
    For me Christmas are full of memories too and it's time to become a child again...
    We show a very similar Christmas Tea Cups today!
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a sweet post! I wish I could share a cup of tea with you & a slice of your boston cream pie! Your little cottage is adorable in the cloche & those pinecones in the egg cups...so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sandi, with the hustle and bustle of life I did not fully realize that YOU were the host of the Christmas Tea and KAthy was the host for the Christmas with Victoria and that they were different not both Kathy's DUH! I have updated my blog and thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Everything looks beautiful, Sandi! Your cup is so pretty - what a find for just five dollars! I don't have any Christmas teacups (yet!) I'm a new collector, though, so maybe Santa will bring me some! Thanks for hosting.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  26. P.S. Thank you for sharing your Christmas story. So sweet to have those memories!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Sandy, you have such a lovely post! So much to see and appreciate! Your quotes are lovely, and your Christmas tea cup is gorgeous as well as all your tea things.
    Your Christmas crafts too are marvelous. How fun this time of year is!
    Best of all is the story you share of Christmas morning. I can almost see your dog! How sweet a memory!
    We too received a puppy for Christmas one years, a poodle. We named her Noel. She was a little angel.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Sandi!
    This is such a wonderful and uplifting post! I enjoyed every part of it! And what a great childhood Christmas memory! I am enjoining every moment of this glorious season to rejoice in the amazing gift the Lord has given us. Thank you for always being such a lovely hostess! And I hope you and your family are having a wonderful holiday season as well.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Sandi. All your decorations and your tea table are just beautiful. I like the pinecones in the egg cups. What a sweet idea! Thanks for hosting this special tea time. Blessings and hugs.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  30. i really can't wait till Christmas! your cottage is so beautiful~

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my! what a lovely Christmas memories you and your brother had when you were little, I absolutely love your holly berry teacup, it's so lovely and the cake is so beautiful and looks yummy too! i adore your wreath and the snowy cottage you made! Beautiful Christmas Tea Time Post, Thank you for sharing and hosting!

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very pretty and christmassy tea cup! I would love to come by and have a cup with you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi, What a beautiful memory, I love your tea cup and the cake looks so yummy. Also loving your sweet cottage in the cloche! Stopping by from Deck The Halls Sunday!
    Hugz,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your cottage under glass. I've brought pictures of my second favorite teapot and a few recipes. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hooray! A lovely Christmas teatime today with such lovelies - not the least of which are your sweet childhood memories. I am never more connected to the wonder of my own childhood than I am at Christmas! Such a sweet holly teacup - and I truly do love your glitter house - I am on the look-out for one that needs a little love and a re-do, too!
    Enjoy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  36. You have shared a lovely Christmas post. All your china is beautiful and your settings are gorgeous. I like the colors and the creative way you decorated. Thank you for hosting this Christmas Tea! I'm blessing to join you today.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really enjoy Christmas patterns, especially those with a holly motif, so your teacup is really beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing this lovely Christmas tea with your blogger friends!
    Happy Holidays,
    Carrie - Oak Rise Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  38. Dearest Sandi,
    May you have such a wonderful Christmas that you can't stop smiling!

    Love Love Love your post! Lovely!!!
    God bless,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a beautiful post. I love the quotes. I would love to add it to my post as well as your button. Thanks for all the inspiration, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Sandi,
    I finally made it to your party! Your teacup was a nice find-perfect for your holiday tea!
    I love your little aqua chest-Winner's?
    It is nice to reflect on happy childhood memories.
    Thank you for hosting,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Sandi,
    Beautiful post! And I love your Christmas cottage, is so lovely! Thank you for hosting!
    Blessings,
    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  42. You make everything special Sandi .. Your sweet find is humming with delight ... It's a piece that never dreamed to be so admired.... BRAVO, Sweet Lady... You have adorned a simple masterpiece for the season... LOVELY !!!! ... Bright Blessings for a joyous December...HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Sandi,
    You made this Christmas tea party really special.Christmas always brings back a lot of wonderful childhood memories . Thank you for sharing your heartwarming story . It has been always a pleasure visiting you .
    Enjoy a warm and gentle season !

    ReplyDelete
  44. WHat a lovely, festive post Sandi! THANK you for hosting...I have been looking forward to this for a week. Your tree is charming, and the teacup is a treasure! The pinecones add a touch of nature. Merry Christmas :)
    shawn

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi Sandi,
    I almost wasn't going to join in because I didn't have a Christmas tea cup.
    I don't think anyone noticed that my post was a scrapbooked tea cup and saucer http://goo.gl/FA941 after someone read and noticed I didn't have a cup and saucer they dropped one off to me and I blogged it today and I would like to share it with you http://goo.gl/d5KVO Tis the Season for smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hello Sandi
    I was not able to join in your lovely party, alias I had to work...
    I have enjoyed your post non the less...
    Your tea cup is just a lovely find,yes if only these gems could talk.
    What a wonderful memory,
    it brought a tear to my eye...what good and thoughtful father you have...I am just so grateful to be able to enjoy this blessed season with my children and grandchildren,for I never had Christmas as a child.
    Thank you for your post.
    Oh...and your wee snowy white house is adorable,as is your Christmas setting.
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  47. Sandi your Christmas Tea is gorgeous!
    I can smell the cinnamon and pine-needles so clearly :-)
    The cake is fabulous and your decorations so lovely!!
    What a great Christmas present you and your brother got that memorable year!
    Your home must have been full of excitement and lots of laughter :-)
    One of my favourite childhood Christmas memories, was the time my mother stayed up at night to secretly make me a wonderful rag doll!
    I thought it was the best doll ever!!
    I still like cloth dolls actually, lol!
    Thanks so much for linking to LACE dear friend :-)
    Have a wonderful week of blessings.
    love..Trish
    ps. I'm enjoying your beautiful Christmas Pudding blog so much I wish you'd publish it as a book so I could buy it !!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Sandi, I love your tea posts. I have featured you on my blog at http://patchworkark.blogspot.com. Have a wonderful Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Sandi, so lovely....so graceful.

    There is a quiet and peaceful feeling to your posts.....ahhhh!!

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  50. Sandy what a magical post, i love your story on your childhood Christmas memories :) just precious :)
    Your home looks wonderful, and I sure enjoyed my stay and my cup of tea :)

    xo~Mari

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hi Sandie...everything looks amazing and love the tree that accents the cup. Okay...and that cake..yep...want a piece. :) Great memories too. To this Jewish girl you make Christmas sound so fun....

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi Sandi...

    Ohhh..what a beautiful Christmas tea you prepared for us, dear friend! Thank you!!! I think I caught a wiff of the orange cinnamon tea as it was steeping! Your new Christmas holly teacup is sooo pretty...what a sweet treasure find! And...what a wonderful husband...to gift you with that gorgeous teapot!

    I sooo enjoyed looking at all of your Christmas pretties...with the lights of your pretty Christmas tree sparkling in the background! I love how you did the three pinecones in the egg cups...very pretty! Well dearest friend, thank you for sharing your beautiful Christmas tea and pretties with us. It is always such a treat to come to your place!

    I'm so glad that you stopped by my place for a visit today! I sooo enjoyed your sweet note...thank you, Sandi! Warmest wishes to you and your family for a blessed and wonderful Christmas, my friend!

    Love ya,
    Chari

    PS...thank you for sharing that sweet childhood Christmas memory with us! A Christmas puppy...that is sooo awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Lovey Sandi. You ar such a blessing to me. Love your photos. Always so calming and full of peace.Merry Christmas.
    Love, LInda

    ReplyDelete
  54. Merry Christmas Sandi,
    Your post is beautiful!!!!
    The holly berry cup and saucer is perfect for the Christmas season..I like the shape of the cup.Thanks for sharing your Christmas memories.I remember getting books as presents and being impatient for Christmas lunch to be over so I could find a quiet corner and read my treasures..
    God Bless
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.