Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 24 October 2011

Tea Time Tuesday


"October gave a party, The leaves by hundreds came - The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples, And leaves of every name." ~ George Cooper

Hello everyone and welcome back to another Tea Time Tuesday.
I'm so glad you're here and I hope you all had a lovely weekend!

My tea today is a bit of a departure from the pinks and reds I've been sharing the last few weeks. Glittered pumpkins, purple pansies and violets, the scent of cinnamon and lovely china beckon you to come in and join me for another Autumn Tea.


The tradition of Tea is one of life's most important pleasures. It is an elegant ritual which pays tribute to the satisfying combination of sociability and tastes.  Each delectable treat, from savory to sweet, is presented on fine china and served with the perfect pot of tea.


Today, my tea things are sprinkled with purple flowers. I'm sure you know that flowers have a language all their own. My Purple Pansy teapot stands at the ready holding a nice hot spicy Chai tea which is a favourite of mine. This teapot is made of fine porcelain by Allison L. L., and the pansy plate above is made by the same.


Pansies signify loving thoughts toward you.

The top of the teapot is encircled with golden leaves.


Always take time to enjoy your tea!


The brisk Autumn air often sparks the urge to come indoors and rekindle the spirit of hearth and home. ~ Victoria magazine






Mini white pumpkins snuggle up to the teacup to keep warm as it's getting cool outside.
I am using my Royal Albert Flower of the Month - Violets teacup. This teacup was a gift many years ago from my husband's aunt. The meaning of Violets is faithfulness and modesty.


I am also using the mate to the teacup I just gave away in my Blogiversary Giveaway. The ruffled teacups came as a pair and when I bought them I had planned to keep one and give the other away. The other has just found itself a good home with our friend Carolyn.


I also have my Violets teacup which I found in New Brunswick. It is not a fancy cup but it is comfortable to hold and the posies are very sweet...Milk white porcelain is sprinkled with nosegays of purple violets.


The violet is New Brunswick's provincial flower.


Happiness is sharing tea with a friend.



Underneath it all is the lovely doily which I won from our friend Bernideen. Love the pretty Autumnal motif of purples, oranges, greens and golds.


For our refreshments today I have a lovely Cinnamon Loaf with cream cheese icing.


Also, some freshly baked tea biscuits, warm from the oven.


Cinnamon sticks make wonderful stir sticks for tea.


Have you seen the newest issue of Victoria Classics Holiday Bliss? The front cover is lovely, isn't it? The holidays are drawing near and one can find all kinds of ideas inside its pages. With only 62 days till Christmas, it's good to get an early start.



I am delighted you have stopped by today and I would love for you to join me for Tea Time Tuesday! All you have to do is share a favourite tea cup or teapot, a coffee mug, or something tea related. If you wish, you may do coffee instead of tea or the following is acceptable too: apple cider, iced tea or iced coffee, hot chocolate, lemonade, or punch. The TTT button on my sidebar is available for you to use in your post or place on your sidebar if you wish. A poem, tea quote, or scripture verse would be more than welcome! Please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit all my lovely participants.


"The joy of the Lord is your strength." ~ Nehemiah 8:10

I am pleased to join the following parties as well~

Sherry ~ Home Sweet Home

Kathy ~ Victoria - A Return to Loveliness

Marty ~ Table Top Tuesday

Martha ~ Teacup Tuesday

Terri ~ Teacup Tuesday

Wanda Lee ~ Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday

Pam ~ Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday

Wanda Lee ~ Tea For Two and Wednesday Tea For Me and Thee

Trisha ~ Tea Party Tuesday

Trish ~ L.A.C.E.

Miss Spenser ~ Teacup Thursday

Bernideen ~  Friends Sharing Tea



Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

43 comments :

  1. Hi Sandi: Love the Violets this week. You are so good to remind us that the joy of the Lord is our strength. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi, your post today is lovely. Especially the cup and saucer with the New Brunswick violets on it :) I hope you have a very nice week. Hugs, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi,
    I all the purples in your tea cups you are sharing with us this week!!
    And what a pretty doily that you won!! Love the colors of it...
    Hmmmm... I can just smell and taste that cinnamon!!

    Thanks so much for hosting!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love violets and pansys. Your set is so pretty. Happy Tea time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi, absolutely beautiful and soothing. Such a lovely post and such graceful tea things. I loved it.

    Thanks for hosting this wonderful event, Sandi.

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely juxtaposition of fall and spring! Quite fun! I haven't received my Victoria Christmas special ed mag yet...ordered but not arrived. Hopefully soon! Cinnamon is definitely a scent of the season! Love it!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi,
    The violets on your china are so sweet. I love this flower and your tea pot is just amazing beautiful. Love the outstanding shape. The little cups match so fine with the tea pot. You spoil us with the wonderful table and lovely treats. Thank you for sharing this and for hosting this wonderful event.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi lovely lady.
    I have miss coming over to see your Beautiful post.. I love the violets tea cups so Gorgeous!!
    I do miss you coming over to see me sweet lady.
    I hope you have a great week.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so beautiful.I love your teacups and their stories....

    ReplyDelete
  10. What delectable purples you've shared for teatime, today! The pot is a treasure - love the gold trim leaves detail on the top - and the floral all around! Mixing pansies and violets - and all the good thoughts they express. Floragraphy is a fascinating language and wondering how many secret messages were passed between people back in the more genteel days of tea and lace - is something to try the imagination for a good story! The treats look lovely - your setting perfection, as always. A gracious hostess, to be sure!

    Joy to you, Sandi!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sandi,
    So very lovely! I can just smell the cinnamon! Your purple flowered teapot and teacup are gorgeous - love the little white pumpkins! So enjoy spending Tuesday teas with you! Thank you for hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how beautiful each and every item is today Sandi! Since purple is my favorite color and any purle flowers make my heart sing, I am in love with all this beauty! thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my Sandi.

    ~ I just love this weeks post. Such darling Violets Chintzware! Thanks for linking up once again dear lady.., You warm my heart!

    I'll be back to link up, (whereas I've been summoned by hubby to go out to dinner).., Who could refuse such a sweet offer, though unexpected?!

    Hugs, WL

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty set, Sandi! I love the colors and the pansies are just so pretty, perfect for the season....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sandi! I love your teapot this week as well as your teacups. The purple (my granddaughters favorite color) flowers are all wonderful! Umm, cinnamon bread, a great treat!
    Hugs!
    CarolS

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful post from a fellow Canadian! I've just discovered your blog and it's lovely. It's always inspiring to find people who cherish time with tea. I'll be back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am totally in love with your amazingly beautiful violet tea pot, wish I had it, it's so different than usually pink flowers. Love the cup and saucer too so lovely. Thank you for hosting such a great tea party. Have a wonderful week. FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooh violets are so lovely and purples are one of my favorite colors for tea things....so regal. Have a great week and thanks for hosting. I so hope you get your magazines soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Violets and Pansy's, how perfect. Love them both. Your teascape is so pretty. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sandi this is a most welcoming tea! Love the purple (one of my favourite colours) pansies tea pot... the tea cups are gorgeous.. and how lucky Carolyn is to have won such a lovely!!

    That cinnamon loaf with cream cheese icing looks tres delish!! A slice with my tea please. xo and Blessings, HHL

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Sandi
    I just adore the china with violets, as my birthday is in February, I have a few things with them on as well.
    The cinnamon loaf sounds delicious to have with a cup of tea.
    Some time maybe we should have a few theme teas - like this - violets, roses etc and we can show what we have with these flowers on. Just a thought.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sandi, Hello...Your pansy teapot is wonderful! I love all of your violets today. The ruffled saucer is highly unusual and pretty - an absolute delight.

    Your goodies are perfect for tea time. I think tea time is surely meant to be shared with friends and loved ones.

    Blessings,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sandi, everything looks so lovely!
    Love your tea set, is gorgeous.
    Blessings,
    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely gorgeous! I am in love with all of it!!!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Sandi! I love the violets theme you have in tea time this week, such a beautiful teapot and teacups, gorgeous designs and color, I love the cute mini pumpkins you have too and the beautiful pumpkin table cloth, the cinnamon loaf and tea biscuits are so mouth watering, lovely table setting and I thank you for sharing and hosting the tea time tuesday! Blessings, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the teapot, it goes so well with the teacups you displayed. Sandi, I find so much sweet encouragement and love of the simple pleasures of tea here in your blog. Thank-you, very much!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Sandi,
    I love all your pretty mauves for your tea today.
    Thank you again for the lovely teacup and lemon curd etc.I will enjoy them! Happy to have had such a lovely afternoon teatime with you and Heather also.
    Thank you for hosting,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sandi, as always your post brings me joy, warms my heart and reminds me of our true blessings. Thanks, oh and for the reminder of days till Christmas, the stressless days till Christmas,as our family prepares for handmade gifting this year, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Sandi,
    All the china is beautiful with the lovely violet flowers, but I find the teapot really superb.
    Thanks for hosting.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Sandi,

    Graciousness... that teapot is to die for. Very elegant.

    Hope you have a great day.

    Happy TTT...

    Greetings from a chilly Stockholm,
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Sandi,
    Your tea set is gorgeous! Love violets! Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dear Sandi,
    Thank you so much for hosting Teatime tuesday. I am new to blogging and still learning. I love your blog and look forward to viewing your beautiful posts.
    I'm so pleased you will be a follower of my posts. Blessings to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. hello sandi,
    i love the purple with the autumn orange... inspirational!
    loved your recent visit at my place!
    blessings to you in return!
    -xok.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a gorgeous tea setting...the teapot, teacups, -- everything is so lovely to look at, and so beautifully coordinated!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sandi, Just yesterday I received the mini Royal Albert February cup, a gift for my youngest sister who was born in February. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I gave each of my three sisters the teacup for their birth month. Then I have been getting the mini version to give them also. I should have the one for January for my middle sister next week since I just won it on Ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Sandi, thank you for visiting me and your kind comments. I tried to post a comment here when I linked yesterday, but couldn't get through either. Have left another link,so hopefully it works this time
    I absoulutely love your violet coloured china,it is such a beautiful colour,and you know pansies are so sweet. I have a violet patterned salad plate and strainer from my late mother,and love it too. Happy week xx jeanette ann

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi, Sandi. I missed visiting you yesterday for tea time, but made the effort today. I believe your flowery teapot is my very favorite! How lovely it is. Each and every photo is displayed to excellence. I hope you have a lovely day!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh the violets on the post are so old fashioned - love it!

    Enjoy the rest of your week sweet friend!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sandi, I just love to come over and see your beautiful tea posts!
    You have such a gift for creating elegant and feminine settings and writing lovely words to wrap it all up beautifully!
    Violets are one of my very favourite flowers and your cups this week are so sweet with their violet patterns :-)
    I love that gorgeous pansy teapot too!
    Such a lovely shape.
    Chai tea is a staple for me - it helps me to quietly relax and slow right down.
    Plus I love it's spicey fragrance!
    Your posts are always PERFECT for linking to LACE , my dear friend, and I truly look forward to the beauty you share with us!
    God bless you and give you a wonderful week :-)
    love..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  40. Dear sweet Sandi...purple is a very nice color on you! LOVE it all. Can't make up my mind which one I like best, so will say...ALL of them!
    Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thank you for linking it to home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.