Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Sunday 28 August 2011

Tea Time Tuesday


The spirit of the tea beverage is one of peace, comfort and refinement. ~ Arthur Gray 

Welcome to Tea Time Tuesday dear tea friends~
I am posting my tea party earlier than usual because of Hurricane Irene which is headed our way. Due to possible power outages, I thought it wise to post today in case tomorrow I won't have access to my computer.

Today I am going to take you to a little tea room my hubby and I visited while on vacation.

There is a quaint little village on the Island known as Victoria-by-the-Sea and that is where we are going today.




The photo above is one I borrowed from the internet but all other photos are my own.

Victoria-by-the-Sea is a jewel set on the south shore of the Island. It is an historic seaport village founded in 1819 by James Bardin Palmer who was an immigrant lawyer and agent for the Earl of Westmoreland.
One can take a stroll along tree-bowered streets reminiscent of a by-gone era and find beautiful old homes trimmed with gingerbread, quaint little shops and studios, elegant restaurants and inns. A pleasant spot to relax and enjoy a slower pace of life for just a little while. It kind of reminds me of the imaginary little town of Cabot Cove in Maine where Jessica Fletcher lived on the hit TV series, Murder She Wrote; only on a much smaller scale.

As we made our way up the street, I stopped to take a picture of this lighthouse. There were blue hydrangeas everywhere.


Our next stop was at an antique shop where Hubby surprised me by getting me another teacup! I will show you the teacup another day.


There are many pretty houses, gardens, and sights to see. It is like stepping back in time.

I know today, Sunday the 28th, had been Tasha Tudor's birthday and I know she would have approved of this idyllic setting. This photo is from the book, The Private World of Tasha Tudor, which I won in a Giveaway last Fall from my tea friend, Bernideen.


Tasha Tudor would have fit right in!

This building is behind the tea room we will be going to. Notice the pretty floral wreath hanging on the door and the flower box on the little yellow cottage. There were linens hanging on the line, blowing softly in the breeze.


We turned the corner and made our way in to Mrs. Proffit's Tea Room and what a treat it was!


The exterior of the tea room itself bids you come in and have a cup of tea. Isn't it charming?


I love the flower boxes and the lace in the windows!


Once inside we were seated at a darling little table decorated in red and white. The atmosphere was simply delightful. Florals and gingham, don't you love it!


Love the white tea things placed in the center of each table!


OK, let's take a look around.....Love these plates which our server said she had found at a yard sale. You know me and my love for red toile and transferware. They caught my eye right away!


There were teacups adorning shelves and hanging on hooks.



Loved these teacups! 


The cup above has a sweet little English cottage scene on it.


This little teapot was for sale too.


A pretty tureen and bags of specialty teas.


A tea trolley with pretty teacups all ready to be put to use.


Close-up of the teacups; love the yellow one.


Hubby and I decided on a tall glass of iced tea instead of a cup of hot tea as it was quite hot outside.  

We also had dessert with our tea. Hubby had trifle.


And I had a lovely carrot cake with cranberries and walnuts in the warm cream cheese sauce. It was scrumptious! I make a really nice carrot cake but I have to admit that this was about the best I've ever tasted! I must remember to add cranberries and nuts to the sauce next time I make it.


They use real china and isn't it much nicer to enjoy a nibble off pretty china?

They had hats that one could wear while enjoying their tea. I don't know about you, but I love hats and I seldom go out without one on!


Our lovely server took our pictures wearing our hats. Hubby looked so dapper in his bowler. He's such a good sport!


I don't like the camera but I wanted you to see my pretty hat. It matched my outfit.


Life is a cup to be filled, not drained. ~ Anonymous

Thank you for coming along with me today. If you are ever on Prince Edward Island, you must stop by Victoria-by-the-Sea. It is a lovely place to visit.

"May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you His favour and give you His peace." ~ Numbers 6: 24-26
I would love for you to join me for Tea Time Tuesday. All you have to do is share a favourite tea cup or teapot, a coffee mug, or something tea related. If you wish, you may do coffee instead of tea or the following is acceptable too: apple cider, iced tea or iced coffee, hot chocolate, lemonade, or punch. The TTT button on my sidebar is available for you to use in your post or place on your sidebar if you wish. A poem, tea quote, or scripture verse would be more than welcome! Please link back to me so your visitors may find their way here to visit all my lovely participants. Thank you!

I am pleased to join the following parties as well~

Kathy~  http://blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/
Victoria - A Return to Loveliness

Marty~  http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/
Table Top Tuesday

Martha~  http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Teacup Tuesday
Terri~  http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
Teacup Tuesday

Wanda Lee~  http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com/
Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Pam~  http://breathoffreshair-paperbutterfly.blogspot.com/
Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Wanda Lee~  http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com/
Tea For Two and Wednesday Tea For Me and Thee

Trisha~  http://sweetology101.blogspot.com/
Tea Party Tuesday

Lady Katherine~  http://ladykatherineteaparlor.blogspot.com/
Teatime Tuesday

Trish~  http://angelwingsandapronstrings.blogspot.com/
L.A.C.E.

Miss Spenser~  http://missspensersblog.blogspot.com/
Teacup Thursday



Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

42 comments :

  1. I was delighted with my visit with you today. I wanted to take my iced tea and sit on the pink chairs. Lovely desserts.

    I so hope and pray you'll be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sandi,

    Thank you for sharing such a beautiful place. PEI is on my list of places that I want to visit.
    Sending blessings your way. Thank you for hosting!

    Hugs ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi .. thank you for sharing this wonderful and charming post... sometimes we forget just how much we have in our own backyard. Canada has much to be discovered. I have not been to PEI in over 12 years .. I think its time I plan a visit again.

    Stay safe my friend.. I'll be keeping you and all in the path of Irene , in my prayers...xo HHL

    P.S. thank you for hosting a wonderful gathering..xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful post. I hope Hurricane Irene doesn't cause too much damage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi, What a beautiful tea room! I love how your table was set, and love your hat too! I hope and pray that Irene will dissipate and cause you no trouble at all. Take care.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to Victoria-by-the-Sea but have seen Caronlyn post about it before and I think it's such a lovely place to visit. If I ever get back to PEI I'll be sure to go there. The tea room looks so pretty with all the real china and those delicious looking desserts! Thanks for sharing your visit. It's rainy and windy here - very tropical feeling - tonight. Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful tea room. Hope you stay safe the next couple of days. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandi~
    What a lovely outing and charming shops! The lighthouse is so picturesque! How nice of your hubby to go to a tearoom with you....some won't. Your hat is pretty~ I love wearing hats too.
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandi,
    What a lovely quaint place!! Love the tea room and all the pretty tea cups!!
    Thanks so much for sharing your vacation day trips!! i really enjoyed seeing and reading about these charming places!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely visit to such a charming tea room. Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Sandi,
    I hope, "Irene" was not too bad to you. You are clever to post early in case of trouble with the storm. This little houses in Tasha Tudor Style are so cute. And the lovely tea room look like a visit at grandmothers house. It is so nice to see. Thank you for sharing this nice pictures and for hosting this lovely event.
    Stay safe and God bless you, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos. It gives me a feeling of "i was there" as well.

    Cassy from Video Guitar Lessons

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to go there! What a lovely place. It looks (a sounds) like you had a great time. I love the hat on your hubby! Those kind of places are so nice to find.

    I hope the weather is not too harsh on you! May the Lord be your anchor in the storm:)

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a quaint little tea room Sandi, thanks for sharing it with us. That is a pretty hat you had on and hubby looks dapper with the bowler.
    Thanks for hosting and I'm hoping you weathered the storm alright.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty place! Thank you for sharing!

    I am joining you to show off my pretty new set I found!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sandi,
    You keep giving us a treat of beautiful pictures of fantastic places.
    I specially loved all the details with the tea cups.
    I hope the hurricane hasn't affected you at all.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sandi,
    I hope Irene hasn't done any damage to your beautiful island. It has been a whopper of a storm. Your tea looked delightful. Love that red transferware too. Thanks for having us! Hope your well.
    Your friend,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an idlyic place! I love the tablecloths, settings and especially the Geraniums out front! Tasha Tudor was a special woman who touched many by living a beautiful, simple life.
    Thank you for hosting - hope all is well!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you are staying safe, Sandi. What a charming and adorable tea room you and your hubby went to. I would have loved to be there too....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, Sandi, tea with you is always such a lovely event! What a delightful sounding village...Victoria by the Sea. (My favorite Florida beach is Wilbur by the Sea.)

    My favorite teapot is my cottage one, so I really love that teacup.

    Carrot cake is definitely a favorite of both my husband and me. The one you had looked so DELISH..as did hubby's trifle.

    Hope you didn't get alot of effects from Irene.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so mad at you for blocking out your face!!!! :( You are beautiful!

    Lovely, sweet post my friend. Love the tour Miss Sandi!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so silly....I know you are beautiful. It does look like a lovely tea room and your hubby gets points....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for bringing us along on your tour. Such a beautiful community. Loved the tea room. Everything was so beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sandi,
    What a treat to go on this tour with you. The tea room is a charming spot for tea. Love all the goreous tea cups. So would have loved to see your pretty face. The hat you wore is pretty and your hubby a good sport to wear one too.

    Thank you for sharing such a wonderful place you visited on vacation. I would love to make a trip there some day.
    Prayers for you and yours with the hurricane headed in your direction.

    Blessings always,
    Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sandi - This was a lovely outing. Your PEI is like a place captured in time - I love it! Such a sweet tearoom - yes - gingham and florals! Yes - cottage pattern teacup! Yes - to the hats - I wear one more often than not, too. But - uh - no to you blanking out your lovely face.

    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  26. SAndi, such a lovely place The tearoom looks gorgeous. I love the cart with all the teacups. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your blog makes my heart swoon. With your love of pretty china, teatime and roses. So glad I found you...
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a wonderful place for tea! I really like the teacup with the scene (every now and then I need a change from flowers). The goodies look delicious. Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Another great post. Thought about you with Irene, prayed for you and hoped you fared well. The tearoom is lovely! Thanks so much for sharing.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  30. That looks like a delightful tearoom to visit. I'll have to check with my friend to see if she has been there as her brother liveson PEI and she is from Halifax The desserts look so good and tasty. Hoping your area came through the hurricane Irene with minimal damage.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Sandi,
    Thank you so much for taking us along with you to the tea room. It was a very enjoyable visit. The tables look so pretty, and all those gorgeous tea cups! Wow!
    You must have had a fabulous time.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hats off to you guys, Sandi, enjoying "tea" together. How romantic. I don't know if I could ever get my husband to do something like this. Lucky girl! Be safe.

    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a wonderful place to visit, and teatime would take all afternoon looking around st those treasures. Such beautiful displays of teacups and teasets.I love the pink deck chairs and red gerainums,what a glorious place to have tea. Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Sandi,
    Thanks for linking up and taking us to this lovely tea-room.
    Everything looks so nice there!
    The china, the food and the decorating is all beautiful.
    But the most beautiful sight of course, is your lovely self!
    I agree-your hubby does look dapper - and your hat was very pretty too :-)
    PEI seems to be steeped in such beauty and serenity.
    Thank you for sharing it with us!
    Love and blessings..Trish
    ps. praying you are kept safe from Irene!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Sandi: I am so aware that many of my dear friends are struggling with "Irene". I do hope the Lord has spared you and your home. Thank you so much for sharing this moment with us. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  36. Victoria-by-the-Sea looks like such a lovely place. The tearoom was wonderful - there was so much to see of pretty teaware. That carrot cake looked scrumptious - warm cream cheese sauce sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a lovely time you had!

    It was good to hear from you, Sandi. Yes, I've been through a real ordeal, but I'm on the recovery side now.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a lovely place and tea room, I want what your handsome hubby had, looks so yummy. I liked your hat also. My favorite cup was the yellow one, I am partial to yellow. Hugs...Lu

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hope you faired ok in the storm. Love the Rose Chintz dishes, I call them my bed and breakfast dishes and like to us them Sunday morning for breakfast when I have company. Will look forward to joining you on a future tea time tuesday, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh so much fun! I'm glad your husband joins you for tea too as does mine. We are lucky. I was so pleased to see your tribute to Tasha Tudor too! What a lovely part of the world. It is on my list!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Sandi, thanks for stopping in to visit our blog and becoming a follower, you showed up on my list not sure why the follower button was not working when you popped by. Computers, I hate when you have no control over something that goes wrong! Have a wonderful weekend thanks again, Laura

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.