Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Friday 8 July 2011

Tea in the Garden

Hello friends and welcome to Tea in the Garden with our hostess Bernideen. I am delighted you have stopped by today. This post is pre-scheduled as I will not be at the computer most of Friday.

I am having Lady Grey tea out on the back deck where I can enjoy the sound of the birds and the sun is not too hot yet. It is quiet and a wonderful place to enjoy a cup of tea and reflect on my many blessings.


This deck is off our dining room where we get a view of my Caledonia Garden. We live in a back-split so our deck is fairly high off the ground.   




This garden is so named because the rocks which line the edge of it came from my grandmother's childhood home on Caledonia Mountain in New Brunwick. The garden is newly planted and unfortunately, the nasty crows have pulled out all my red flowers. First it was the tulips and now it's the astilbe and impatiens. Tucked back in a corner there is also my hosta garden as well as lilies and rose bushes.


Our yard is not fenced in because we live beyond the hustle and bustle of the city therefore my garden is spread out in different areas of our property.

This is our garden at the top of our driveway which we see from the side door.



My little fairy Breena loves the lilies!


Some of my bleeding hearts which line the walk.


And this is one of my rose bushes.


So, here we are back on the deck.


Breena has joined me.


A cup of tea and a sweet devotional with the sounds of God's creation all around me...
Who could ask for more!

"With my mouth I will give thanks abundantly to the Lord;
And in the midst of many I will praise Him." 
 ~ Psalm 109:30


Thank you for stopping by and I invite you to visit our hostess Bernideen - http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/  and her other tea in the garden participants. Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

19 comments :

  1. I remembered to pray for you today for your test! I am believing for good things! This is a lovely post and I know that new gardens develop more each year as I have one side my backyard at 3 years, one at 2 years and the middle is 1 year old. I can see the difference too! Thank you for participating and have a restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking of you. I love your post so much, as all of your posts are so delightful. Your garden and flowers are just everything they should be. I will have to look for that book...Tea with God...lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see the progress of your garden over the season. The bleeding hearts are so delicate. Thank you for the tea post. Prayers.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely spot to sit and relax and enjoy all the beauty around you. Beautiful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. what alovely post,, so calming,, thank you for sharing these beautiful photos of your garden

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely garden -- your garden is very pretty -- didn't know that about crows -- red flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi, your gardens look lovely and you have a pretty view from your deck. I'm sorry the crows are still eating your flowers. Strange behavior! There is a family of crows living nearby but they haven't disturbed my flowers - yet! I hope you have a great weekend. Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandi
    Very nice to see your gardens and little statues. That little Breena sure gets around, inside and out.
    The tea book looks like good reading, I have a small tea devotional book I enjoy.
    Be well.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandi - Thoughts and prayers have been with you today. What a lovely garden - and the little girl sitting on the bench - I just had tea this week with a precious little lady of 88 years young who's garden is her life and that little gal was in her garden - at the top of her driveway! I named her Dasie as i drove out and a little verse tripped through my head. When I post about my hostess and share her "historic' teatime in a future blog, i shall have the full verse then. What fun!
    Hope all is well!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandi, You have a wonderful garden and a perfect place to have tea. Enjoy the weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandi,
    I pray that your test went well.....

    What a lovely post! Your garden tea is pure delight!
    Beautiful blooms in your garden...

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOUR GARDENS ARE LOVELY SANDI, AND I SEE YOUR LITTLE FAIRY AMONG THE FLOWERS, I LOVE FAIRIES TOO. WHAT A DELIGHT HAVING TEA ON YOUR DECK, AND READING A VERY SPECIAL BOOK. TAKE CARE, RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful post .. and no fences is truly a blessing of living in the country ~ I so enjoy it too! You have been in my thoughts and prayers ~ and an extra little prayer went out at 9:00 am on Friday, that your tests go well. xo Blessings, HHL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your setting. Tea beauty and reflection. A great pink combination.

    HPS

    LL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sandi,
    Oh, your garden and tea party are so beautiful!! Thank you for sharing such wonderful glimpses of your magnificent yard...Sending hugs and blessings your way.

    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sandi,
    Oh, your garden and tea party are so beautiful!! Thank you for sharing such wonderful glimpses of your magnificent yard...Sending hugs and blessings your way.

    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful my friend.

    I am thinking of you this very moment. Don't forget...many of us a praying when you don't even know.

    xo~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thinking of you Sandi and pray everything is well. As always, a beautiful tea post in your lovely garden.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Sandi! :) Thanks for your comment on my use of old drawers post! My son is just thrilled with having the storage under his bed...it was pretty much empty before and it sure does save on space. :)
    I enjoyed your tea on the deck post...makes me want to have a tea party of my own, except it's over 90 outside with a heat index of over 100...so I think I'll have to wait on that! lol
    Hey, I have a question for you. My mom has ALWAYS dreamed of visiting PEI her entire life. She read the Anne books when she was little and over and over again as an adult and would love to visit. Can you tell me where the best place to stay would be (and economical too) and the best places to visit. I would love to be able to take her there some day. Thanks so much
    Missy :)

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.