Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 4 July 2011

75th Tea Time Tuesday

HappFourtof Julto all my American friends.~

And Welcome tea friends to my 75th Tea Time Tuesday! I have been watching live coverage of Prince William and Kate on TV. As some of you know, they are visiting here on Prince Edward Island right now. Our Island, and the city of Charlottetown, the Cradle of Confederation here in Canada, is very happy to have them!


We Canadians, as well as my American friends, have been celebrating our countries' birthdays over the weekend. We celebrated our Canada Day on Friday and since my American friends are celebrating their nations' birthday today, I have made them a red, white, and blue dessert; a berry shortcake with lots of luscious blueberries and strawberries on angel food cake with a dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy!


It has been a lovely weekend of barbeques, trips to the beach, and fireworks. A delightful way to spend the long holiday weekend! I am so thankful to God for our nations; especially the peace and freedom we enjoy here.

While out at Dalvay beach yesterday, we watched this helicopter fly overhead; the same helicopter that Prince William will be flying himself some time today! I thought those of you who are interested would enjoy seeing it. It caused a great deal of excitement.


There were TV cameras, reporters, and security everywhere while we were there. The pity of it all is that the prince and his new bride have a wet and windy day today to stroll the beach and meet Royal fans.
Yesterday would have been a perfect sunny day!

Personally, I enjoyed getting away from all the excitement and enjoying the peace and quiet of the shore a little further down. We took a picnic with us but I didn't get any pictures. I will do that another day.


Now on to our tea....My Teresa Bugnet roses are blooming and the bushes are heavy with their fragrant and fluffy blooms.


Sometimes the blooms are so big, they resemble peonies. I so love them! It gives me a great deal of pleasure to bring them indoors for bouquets as they fill my home with a heavenly scent.


Never lose an opportunity to see anything that is beautiful. It is God's handwriting - a wayside sacrament. Welcome it in every fair face, every fair sky, every fair flower. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I thought we would have a Cream Tea today and I chose a more cottagey setting rather than a more formal one. My roses are displayed in a simple canning jar and I chose a medley of different china patterns. 


Yum! My homemade Strawberry jam...


My own homemade rhubarb preserves and peach jam are on the table as well as raspberry preserves from our Prince Edward Island Preserve Co. here on the Island. Can you see the label, it reads Avonlea Preserves. Please help yourself to any one of them. They are delicious! ....


...along with heavy cream and scones. I opted for whipped cream today as I did not have any cream cheese or sour cream with which to make the mock clotted cream.


Actually, my 'scones' are simply plain tea biscuits. I generally add fruit to the biscuit dough and sprinkle sugar on top when I bake scones. I also score the scones into triangles when I make them. 


A dollop of cream on the biscuit, then some jam. I believe this is what the English call a Devonshire tea. A Cornish tea is when you spread the jam first then the cream on top.


"The cream tea is such an English tradition: lovely light scones, thick cream {preferably clotted} and strawberry jam, all served with a generous pot of tea. The way a cream tea is served is practically as important as the food itself. It should be very traditional, either at a refined tea table with a silver or bone china tea pot and delicate cups and saucers or cottagey and countrified with pretty, mismatched china and a jug of garden flowers on the table, all jostling for space with the little glass dishes of cream and jam. And if the weather is nice, what could be more perfect on a summer's day than a cream tea served outside in a {wasp-free} country garden? " ~ Excerpt from 'Tea with Miss Simkins.' {Thank you Beth!}. 


Skye McGhie's Garden Whispers is the teacup I'm using today.

I chose it because of its whimsical pattern of bees and dragon flies;
a perfect little teacup for a Summer day! 


Tea is ready in my little country cottage teapot.


Oh, look, a little birdie has joined us!


Breena decided to join us too at the last minuet! She has settled herself into the little swan under the bouquet of roses.


Doesn't she look at home? What a life she leads, flitting from blossom to blossom and indoors as well!


Now, I hope you will forgive me as these have nothing really to do with tea, but I found these little darlings over the weekend and I simply could not resist them! Do you ever see something that just makes you squeal with delight? Well, these little bowls did it for me!
They are little ice cream bowls, made of stoneware, but one could serve berries or a simple pudding in them. They come in ice cream colours too; mint, {I prefer to call it pistachio}, strawberry, vanilla, {I prefer to call it coffee}, and chocolate. The wee bowls themselves look good enough to eat, don't they?


So, I am serving up fresh berries in the pistachio one. What do you think? Isn't it the the cutest thing!


The pistachio green is a perfect match to the Maxwell and Williams Butterfly Garden china. Simply charming and I am pleased that I found them!

I hope you have enjoyed my cream tea today, I know I have enjoyed having you! Take some time today to enjoy the quiet moments; to savour the loveliness of a rose and a cup of tea. God bless you.

"How precious are Your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!" ~ Psalm 139:17

Thank you for stopping by today. I would love for you to join me for Tea Time Tuesday! All you have to do is share a favourite tea cup or teapot, a coffee mug, or something tea related. Or perhaps, like me, you found something that you just had to have and you want to share it with us.
If you wish, you may do coffee instead of tea or the following is acceptable too: apple cider, iced tea or iced coffee, hot chocolate, lemonade, or a lovely punch.
The TTT button on my sidebar is available for you to use in your post or place on your sidebar if you wish. A poem, tea quote, or scripture verse would be more than welcome!
Please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit with all my lovely participants.

I am happy to join the following parties as well~

Kathy~ http://blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/
Victoria - A Return to Loveliness

 Marty~  http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/
Table Top Tuesday

Martha~  http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Teacup Tuesday
Terri~ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
Teacup Tuesday

Wanda Lee~  http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com/
Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Pam~  http://breathoffreshair-paperbutterfly.blogspot.com/
Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Wanda Lee~ http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com/
Tea For Two and Wednesday Tea For Me and Thee

Trisha~  http://sweetology101.blogspot.com/
Tea Party Tuesday

Lady Katherine~  http://ladykatherineteaparlor.blogspot.com/
Teatime Tuesday

Trish~  http://angelwingsandapronstrings.blogspot.com/
L.A.C.E.

Miss Spenser~  http://missspensersblog.blogspot.com/
Teacup Thursday





Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

34 comments :

  1. What a sensationally splendid tea you have served up for us today, Ssandi! Rumors of Royals for conversation and the most precious "Garden Whispers" teacup - I love the little bee!!

    From this Yankee, a special thank you for the red, white, and berry blue dessert! Happy Canada Day to you and may you be blessed with a Royal sighting!

    Keeping you in prayer this week - may you also be blessed with health and wholeness!

    Stop by my place to visit with Uncle Sam, John, and Abigail!

    Joy!
    Miss Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your jams look delicious!
    Happy 4th to you!
    Thanks for hosting.
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi, Your tea cup is lovely, so great for this season of garden splendor. Kate and William are a darling couple. I wish them well. Your tea setting is lovely and feminine as always. The quote on cream tea is from a book I received from Maggie from Normandy called Tea With Miss Simkins. Have a wonderful week, Sandi!
    Blessings and hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandi
    I just adore the Garden Whispers china and the treats you've made for us today.
    Your beach looks just like one in Florida, a nice sandy stretch for a walk.
    Our daughter told me that her in-laws were chosen to attend a dinner for the royals - they live in Tignish.
    Hope you have a great week.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hella Sandy.
    I did't understand everything but I like to see the pictures. And when it is tea time, than I'm coming.
    Greetings Marga

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi,

    Joining you for the first time....so excited.

    Your pictures are simply a delight to the eye....a feast.

    Happy July 4th.

    Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely tea with some delicious biscuits and jam. Those bowls are very cute! I love your beach photos and it's a shame the royals and all the crowds have such a rainy cool day. Have a wonderful week. Blessings and hugs, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for another delightful tea. Loved the red, white and blue dessert. Actually loved everything about your blog. The 'Teapot' is a delight too.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful table you set.I have bought as much as i could find of Sky's dishes for my daughter.I just love the whimsical dragon flies and things on them, so does my daughter, such a lovely blog you have,,what atreta to have the jams,

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfectly charming post, as ever! Thank you so much for sharing such beautiful sentiments and images!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandi,
    You certainly have a full weekend with the Royal couple, Will and Kate visiting and your Canada Day too. The beach pic is beautiful.
    Thank you for the Independence Day wishes. We are enjoying a wonderful 4th of July and the temp here in Texas is 104 degrees. Been in the pool most of the day.

    Love your tea cup and your sweet little fairy is darling. Now your roses are stunning and so fluffy gorgeous. I bet the scent if marvelous.

    Your jams looks so yummy and I would enjoy all but the rhubarb since I am highly allergic. The one time I ate it I nearly left this world.
    Your recent little find of bowls are adorable and I have to say I love the colors. In fact, those exact colors inspired my newest bathroom redo which will be a post later this week.

    So enjoyed your 75th Tea Time Tuesday and I will add my link next.
    Have a wonderful evening and week ahead.
    Hugs and Blessings to you sweet friend.
    Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a very busy time and having the Royals is always a treat. Your teas are always so special and biscuits and jam to go with it is perfect. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandi! I love your most gorgeous tea. The jam looks so delicious and I can almost taste it on that lovely biscuit!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable little ice cream bowls, and lovely description of the colours. Tea looks delicious as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love cream teas . . . sigh. And I, too, love Mrs Simkins book -- one of two that I brought home from England!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post as usual Sandi. I haven't kept up on William and Kate but I am sure it has been fun to hear of their adventures. Happy belated Canada Day to you and thanks for the 4th of July greetings to your readers, how nice. Your bee teacup is a FAVORITE of mine...my Sophia Rose would love it as I call her my Queen BEE!!!! Hugs and Happy TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Canada Day!!! Sounds like you had wonderful weather too!! Thank you for hosting this wonderful tea today ... your scones look tres yummy and you had me at home made jam ... blessings ..xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful tea. I am in love with that gorgeous teacup you chose to use. It is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sandi: I love that tea cup you shared today. It is just beautiful. I want you to know I will continue to pray for you my friend. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Sandi! Lovely tea! Your country tea is just perfect this week! Love the interesting information regarding the difference between the two types of tea - I am going to have to try this! Adore your teacup with the bee and dragonfly - so very whimsical! Thank you for sharing this with A Return to Loveliness,
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Sandi,
    Congratulations to Canada and USA for their birthday. I love your tea time post. The Skye McGee cup is just wonderful and so perfect with all the nice things.
    I am sorry, because I have no post for today. I had not enough time to prepare one. But I hope, next week I can participate again.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful post as usual, Sandi! first of all i'd like to wish you Happy Canadian day and 4th of July! i too was watching on tv about the royal couple visiting there! what a beautiful beach, so quiet and serene, love your cream tea, i love plain tea biscuits coz then i could try different sorts of jam, love the rhubarb preserves you have, i adore your teapot and teacups, so beautiful! thank you for sharing and hosting the 75th Tea Time Tuesday! Blessings, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely tea, and home made jam as well! Wow! I haven't made jam in years. It brings back memories for me.
    Your tea cup is so pretty. I love a garden themed cup!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  24. How nice of you to make a special dessert for your American friends! I appreciate your thoughtfulness:) Your rose bush is beautiful! All your tea things are lovely and I really enjoy visiting you every week. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This just made me hungry. I think I need to make some scones now to eat with my straberries! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sandi, your roses are stunning -what a gorgeous colour and they are so huge!
    I LOVE Devonshire Tea too!
    The pattern of your teacup and saucer is very pretty with those bees and dragonflies.
    Will you be getting up close to the Royals before they leave?
    It must be lovely to see them - they seem like a nice young couple.
    Your beaches look beautiful, and I imagine you could spend a long time taking a relaxing stroll by the shore.
    I am upholding you in prayer, Sandi.
    God bless your week with good news and peace.
    love.. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oops, I forgot to say thank you for linking up to LACE!
    Thanks Sandi - you're a blessing!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dear Sandi,
    I loved every detail of your post today! The little teacup is so sweet!
    Thank you for blessing us with such a magnificent tea party today my friend.

    Have a wonderful day on your beautiful island.

    Love,
    Concetta

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your tea cup is really pretty with that lovely bee!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sandi,
    I will be praying for you regarding your upcoming appointment. The Lord watch over you and keep you in His loving care.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautiful post! Every pic looks so delicious. I would adore having tea with you I know!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am in love with your Teresa Bugnet roses Sandi... and you are so right, they do look like peonies. They look so gorgeous... I can indeed smell their heavenly fragrance. I enjoyed your fruit preserves and jam along with your scone-biscuits with a dollop of cream. Such a lovely tea table you have for us and such a sweet tribute to our independence. Thanks for stopping by. I always enjoy your visits and love reading your sweet comments. Have a wonderful week!~Poppy

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dear Sandi, I tried to email you but I don't think it went through. So... Hi my name is Jill; I have to tell you that your blog is absolutely one of my favorites. I have recently become a homemaker and have been struggling to slow down. We have alot in common. God, bunnies, and now tea. I wanted to ask you... if you don't mind I was wondering if you would send me the name of the company that made the rabbit your husband bought you back in Sept. 2010. My email address is jillhampton3@yahoo.com Thank you again for your lovely blog. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Sandi,
    Thank you for inviting me to tea. you make me feel so welcome.
    Your tea today is scrumpious.
    I love the way you write
    God Bless
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.