Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 27 June 2011

74th Tea Time Tuesday


Happiness is sharing tea with a friend.~

Hello tea friends and welcome to Tea Time Tuesday; a time to sit and relax and get to know one another over a cup of tea. I'm so glad you are here! Please make yourself at home and let's visit for a few moments before we have to get on with our busy day.

I want to thank you all for joining me for my Summer Dreams Tea last week. I know I really enjoyed myself! This is our last tea party for the month of June and how quickly the month has flown by.

I am always trying to think of ways to make Tea Time more interesting, so this week I am featuring one of our tea friends. I would like you to meet Charlotte of  For Such A Time As This ~ http://myfathersgirl.blogspot.com/ 

This is a photo from her tea post today. Isn't it lovely? I love her red, white, and black theme; so charming!


Charlotte has this to say about herself....
"I reside in California on a small farm in the foothills. I'm a wife, mom of five boys, and grandmother of six. When I'm not pulling weeds or feeding animals, I am usually writing with one hand and holding a cup of coffee with the other. I've been a Christian for many years and love serving in Women's Ministries and leading Bible study.  I spend a lot of time flower gardening, and growing fruit trees and vegetables. I have several hobbies but I really like collecting vintage things because I like to imagine what their story would be if they could tell it. My camera is never far from me; if I don't have a picture of an event, it didn't happen! Being the only female in my home, I cherish the times I can sit in a flowery spot and drink from a dainty china cup, preferably outside where I can hear the birds singing."

We have a few things in common, Charlotte and I... We both love the Lord and we both have all sons. She participated in Tea Time last week and her post really struck a chord in me as she shared her thoughts on why we ladies love flowers so much. This is her post from last week and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. http://myfathersgirl.blogspot.com/2011/06/having-tea-with-bumble-bee.html
Please be sure to pay Charlotte a visit. I know she would love to have you stop by.

A man {or lady} should be like tea; his real strength appearing when he gets in hot water. ~ Unknown 

Today's teacup is one I haven't shared with you before. I actually have two of these as I got two for the price of one when I purchased them a while back. Doesn't it look sweet filled with the friendly little faces of these pansies from my garden?


Each teacup has a ruffled saucer and its own porcelain spoon. I may give one of these away in my next Giveway.


White roses and violets on a white background and trimmed in gold.


You can see the fluted edge well in this shot.


Such a feminine teacup!


Doesn't it look pretty with a sprig of lilacs in it?


Lilacs and a vintage spoon.


The last of the lilacs for this year. *sigh*  I'll miss them!


It's the month of June,
the month of  leaves and roses,
when pleasant sights salute the eyes,
and pleasant scents the noses.
- Nathaniel Parker Willis

My roses are just starting to bloom so you will be seeing lots of them in July's posts, I'm sure.

These teacups are made of porcelain by Royal Meda and have very comfortable handles.

And speaking of ROYAL....Our fair Island is going to be honoured with a visit by the royal couple, Prince William and his new bride Kate this upcoming weekend as part of their honey-moon tour.


They will be spending some time at Dalvay-by-the-Sea which is a gorgeous hotel on our north shore.


This is actually all part of my hubby's old stomping grounds when he was growing up. He spent many years in and around this area.


Many of you might remember this grand hotel as the White Sands Hotel from the Anne of Green Gables series. The prince and his new bride will be having a boat race across this pond at Dalvay. It should make for an exciting weekend coming up!

Now for a nice cup of Earl Grey tea and a peek through the new Victoria magazine which is always filled with lots of inspiration and eye candy.


"Peace be to you, and peace be to your house, and peace be to all that you have." ~ The Book of 1 Samuel

I am delighted you have stopped by today and I would love for you to join me for Tea Time Tuesday! All you have to do is share a favourite tea cup or teapot, a coffee mug, or something tea related. If you wish, you may do coffee instead of tea or the following is acceptable too: apple cider, iced tea or iced coffee, hot chocolate, lemonade, or punch. The TTT button on my sidebar is available for you to use in your post or place on your sidebar if you wish. A poem, tea quote, or scripture verse would be more than welcome! Please link back to me so that your visitors may find their way here to visit with all my lovely participants.

I am pleased to join the following parties as well~

Kathy~ http://blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/
Victoria - A Return to Loveliness

Marty~ http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/
Table Top Tuesday

Martha~ http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
Teacup Tuesday

Terri~ http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/
Teacup Tuesday

Wanda Lee~ http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com/
Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Pam~ http://breathoffreshair-paperbutterfly.blogspot.com/
Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Wanda Lee~ http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com/
Tea For Two and Wednesday Tea For Me and Thee

Donna~ http://thehomemakingarts.blogspot.com/
Tuesday Tea

Trisha~ http://sweetology101.blogspot.com/
Tea Party Tuesday

Lady Katherine~ http://ladykatherineteaparlor.blogspot.com/
Teatime Tuesday

Trish~ http://angelwingsandapronstrings.blogspot.com/
L.A.C.E.

Miss Spenser~ http://missspensersblog.blogspot.com/
Teacup Thursday





Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

42 comments :

  1. Thanks for inviting me to join you today! I love those delicate tea cups with the fluted edge saucers, how fun is that!

    Wouldn't you love to get a glance of Will and Kate?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE those teacups and saucers! I have NEVER seen a ruffled saucer before. They are wonderful! Hmmm, now I have a new one to hunt for!!!
    Thank you for sharing and hosting. It's always such a pleasure to visit you!
    Have a wonderful week,
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi,
    How fun to meet another blogger who loves Jesus and tea!
    LOVE and haven't ever seen a fluted edge saucer! It's very lovely and beautiful colors :)
    Are you going to see Will and Kate??? That would also be cool!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sandi,
    this is so nice of you to feature special tea friends. I will visit Charlotte as next to see her whole tea post. Your cup is so charming, such a sweet cupzu . I love the frilled edge and the wonderful dainty decoration. Thank you for sharing this great china, the nice photos of the Royals and for hosting this sweet event.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post. I love meeting new bloggers. Your teacups are so pretty. I would also love to see Will and Kate, loved their magically wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty post today. I love the sweet teacups and it is sad that the lilacs are pretty well over for another year. Oh, I'd love to be on the island to see William and Kate! Friends of ours are going and may actually meet them! How exciting is that? It's a beautiful day here today and I hope you are getting sunshine too. Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi...

    Ohhh...sooo many pretties, my friend! Thank you for sharing Charlotte's lovely tea table...it is so beautiful! Love the red roses in that pretty white pitcher!

    Well dear lady, I absolutely adore your tea table this week! I really don't know how you do it, my friend! To come up with a new tea table each and every week! I stand in awe!!! I love these new teacups that you showcased today! Ohhh my...the ruffley saucers are sooo yummy! And...I love the beautiful white roses and pretty purple violets on the teacup! And just when I thought that it couldn't be more lovely...you add pretty pansies and lilacs! Absolutely charming, dear friend! Thank you so much for sharing your new pretties and gorgeous tea table with us today! I also would like to thank you for hosting yet another sweet Tuesday tea! I was just tickled pink that I could join in with the fun this week, dear friend!

    Warmest summery wishes,
    Chari

    PS...thank you so much for your sweet note! You warm my heart, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rose

    Nice blog.

    Kisses

    http://amigadamoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joy-filled Day to you! Such a lovely teacup you've shared with us today! The fluted edged saucer is so feminine - a stunner! And, yes, I did recognize the hotel as son as I saw the photograph! Immediately I was Anne all over! It looks like a beautiful place to stay - and in your own backyard! I'm sure the royal couple will approve. Will you having them to tea?
    Sad and sniff that your lilacs will be leaving - mine have been gone almost two months now. For some reason they came very early this year. My roses exploded and then were gone, too. Temperatures are sweltering - hope they come back! I have a very special tea I'll be posting soon - a gift for a special mentor in my life.
    Joy!
    Miss Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Must be so exciting to get a chance to see the Royal Couple...wish I could go and see the Royals. Thanks for sharing Charlotte's charming tea table with us... I love that white pitcher with red roses... beautiful! Loving your Royal Meda tea cups and saucers... those ruffled edges are looking so pretty and the matching porcelain spoons make the pair even more enticing! Thanks for being a gracious hostess! Have a lovely week!~Poppy

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandi
    Very charming tea today with the ruffled saucer set. So nice to still see some lilacs, ours are long gone.
    I'm off to visit the blog you've featured; a good idea to showcase a kindred spirit.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandi, I enjoyed your post and you featuring Charlotte. Your tea cups are really pretty. I hope to join you again for tea soon. I must say that I've been extremely busy working in the gardens lately. We had a tour of 511 people through on June 18, 40 on June 11 and they are still trickling in - about 12 today and expecting more on Wednesday! I do so enjoy it but I miss having my tea with you, my friend. Hope you catch a glimpse of the royal couple. They are charming!
    Hugs and blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Sandi those are beautiful teacups. So dainty looking. I hope you have a wonderful tea. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandi,
    What a wonderful post to feature such a dear lady. I will pay her a visit too.
    Your tea cups and saucers with the fluted edge are just darling. I love the colors with your lilacs.
    How wonderful, the upcoming weekend sounds with the royals paying a visit.
    Will you get to see them? Wouldn't that be special.

    Thank you for being such a wonderful hostess and sharing a special part of your heart each week.
    Blessing be yours dear friend,
    Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet teacups!! Sarah and I were looking through our Victoria issue and thought the dessert on the cover sounded yummy. We may have to try it this summer. ♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  16. What sweet cups and saucers! I find myself being pulled toward purples lately, and even planted 8 lilac bushes. Can't wait 'til next year!

    I'm having a Vintage Linen & Dish Auction July 21-25. I hope you'll stop by and check out my sidebar for more details!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sandi I love that you featured another blogger - I can't wait to get to know her. I do recall visiting and reading her post. The teacup of feature today is rather a favorite of mine. I am in LOVE with the ruffle edge...IN LOVE...blessings for tea this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Sandi! I am in love with those teacups and saucers! I am a "purple gal" and those just sing to me! So pretty. thank you for hosting! And have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sandi, another lovely tea time with you! Those little cups and saucers with their fluted edges are so sweet. Thanks for hosting for introducing us to Charlotte. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sandi,
    Thank you for featuring my tea post on your blog today for Tea Time Tuesday...it is an honor!

    I think your tea cups are very lovely. I'm sad that your lilacs have come to an end but I am looking forward to seeing your roses:)

    It is always nice sharing a cup of tea with you!
    Blessings,

    Charlotte

    I liked the quote and the poem you used!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so liking those ruffled saucers. So pretty and uncommon. Thank you for hosting. I brought a hot pink rhubarb sherbet.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sandi,

    I love how charlotte arranged her tea table, so lovely! and your ruffled saucer is just stunning!and i've never seen one before! i love the teacup and the design on it too, just beautiful and feminine! what a beautiful hotel and im sure the royal couple will have a lovely time staying there, i wish i could afford it though :)

    Thanks for sharing and hosting another beautiful tea time tuesday!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a wonderful post. And I love the things you have shared to day the porcelain spoons with your beautiful BOGOF cups are divine and my fave is the white roses on white back ground with the lavender so yummy thanks for sharing ;0)

    love dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sandi, I love the lavender tea cups. The pansies and lilac blooms look so pretty with the design.
    How exciting to have the royal couple visiting. That's a lovely hotel.
    It was fun to "meet" Charlotte and her photos are gorgeous.
    Wishing you a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That was a lovely post with nice photos. Great job! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is truly a lovely post Sandi - so sweet of you to share Charlotte - she does sound like a Kindred Spirit! I love the very feminine, lacy look to the teacup - precious! I recognized the hotel from Anne of Green Gables - makes me want to view the movies all over again!
    Thank you for sharing this with A Return to Loveliness,
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the fluted edges on these dainty tea cups. Lilacs!!!! I love them and I can't grow them here. I will just have to enjoy yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful teacups! I love unique ones and my husband always likes me to look for the unusual and unique!

    What fun that William and Kate will be on your island! They seem as if they are really in love and committed to each other!

    Thanks for hosting!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Sandi,
    I will have to pay Charlotte a visit this evening.
    I enjoyed your post and it is exciting to have the royals visit us.
    Isn't it a beautiful day today?

    Your new teacups are very pretty.

    Thanks for hosting,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your blog! My surroundings are hard to understand my need to set the table nicely even on weekdays. I have not previously seen a teacup with wavy barrel. Sweet it is. Can understand that it tastes good to drink from it. What a lovely table settings Charlotte has been with the plaid fabric and red flowers that match the raspberries in the cup. I will visit her. Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorites. Of course, I have seen the TV show several times. Thank you for being a hostess for Tea Time Tuesday. It feels like I always have company on Tuesday. Hope that your health is better? Naturally I struggle with a stubborn and bad cold. Now it's time for tea! Bless you! Zinnias

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dear Sandi,
    I love that adorable cup! My favorite color is purple and the flowers are so beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing tea with us today - every Tuesday is special!
    Have a wonderful week my sweet friend!
    Blessing to you always!
    Concetta

    ReplyDelete
  32. I adore your beautiful ruffled tea cups! I don't remember seeing them before, and I am delighted to see them today.
    Thank you so much for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful post. Lovely, pretty pattern. And I loved the info on where W&K will be staying. I saw PEI on the itinerary...I plan to post it day by day. Just posted Thursday's schedule. Hope you are feeling better. We have been praying for you.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Sandi!
    A very beautiful and original cup, indeed! The fluted edge makes it a unique type.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a stunning blog...so unique! Love the adorable tea cup...sweet purple is always a bliss:) The table is so inviting and elegant!
    Now, am your newest follower, also added a link here! I would request you to follow me back:)
    Thanks for hosting!
    Have a great week.

    ~Sanghamitra.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Sandi,
    what a beautiful cup and saucer!!
    I love the fluting and the pattern -it's so delicate and feminine.
    It's such a shame lilacs come and go so quickly.
    They are some of my very favourite flowers for their wonderful perfume and colour.
    Your lovely roses will cheer you up no doubt, when the lilacs have finished their show.
    Thank you for joining LACE today, my friend.
    Have a very blessed week in God..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sandi,
    Once again, beautiful tea cups and a beautiful post!! Love the ruffled look to the saucer!!
    How are you feeling lately???

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  38. What dear cups. I adore the ruffly bottom and think the pansies look wonderful in them. Thank you for interviewing Charlotte!

    I am new this week and totally in awe. I hope you will stop by!

    Fondly,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh what sweet cups! Beautiful post and I would love to see William and Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Sandi,
    I have to echo what has already been said ---- your cup and fluted saucer is beautiful and, I also have never seen a fluted saucer before.Just lovely!!!
    Looking forward to seeing your roses.
    God Bless
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh Sandi...this is just the most beautiful and ladylike teacup. I adore it. Beautiful picutures, as always.
    Love, Lady Linda

    ReplyDelete
  42. So glad I found you! I have 4 square plates of your Rose Chintz. In this area, it is so expensive when you find a piece. It's a collection I'm slowly adding to. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.