Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Sharing Some Whites

Hello everyone~ Today I am sharing some whites.
From my Tea Party this past week, I have a photo of a slice of my Mother's Day cake. As you can see, it is sitting on a lace doilie.


The cake is presented on a Pierced Lace plate with a paper doily under it. It is as good as it looks too!


The tea cup is holding a strand of pearls which my Auntie P gifted me with this week. She is out West right now visiting but put these in the mail just before she left. The pearls were purchased in Scotland in 2007 while she and my uncle were over there. She didn't care for the feel of them around her neck and thought that I might make use of them for display purposes. She is so right!


They have a lovely golden sheen and a very high luster to them. Aren't they gorgeous in my tea cup?


Playing with my pearls...


They look gorgeous in this tea cup too.


I also have a photo from my tea of a lace napkin holding the silverware.


It is adorned with flowers and looks very pretty with the silver tucked inside. What do you think?

And lastly, a white rose from my Anniversary/Mother's Day bouquet looks so romantic with the pearls and lace and votive.


Well, thank you for stopping by for a visit today. Please be sure to visit these other parties to see what everyone is offering today. God bless!

White Wednesday @ Faded Charm- http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/

Home Sweet Home with Sherry @ http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/



Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

24 comments :

  1. This is the most luscious post! SO pretty! That cake is just killing me. And your pearls are sheeny wonderful. I just love seeing all the lacy white! You sould join in more often. Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is simply beautiful
    and that cake is amazing
    Grateful for your visit too
    xxoo
    Blessings
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are so dreeeamy!

    Thank you for sharing! I am glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so soft and delicate. Thanks, made me smile today! Just a pretty place to escape the day...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always relax and take a small holiday when I read your blog. Today your gift to your readers is very much appreciated.

    I am going to take peeks at the blogs you make reference to.

    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi:
    Your whites are so yummy. That one plate that looks like a doily looks good enough to eat! Happy WW
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh...vintage pearls are one of my weaknesses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandi:
    I was right the pearls are lovely in your photos. A good guess. And Mother's day was as good to you are to me. Isn't our family a gift from God. They just keep blessing my socks off!
    Right now we are at my son, Paul's, and the BBQ is smelling so good so must run and sample what he has in store....Lovely post. I love it!.....Auntie P

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely Sandi! I just adore those lace-edged pieces and the pretty pearls.
    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandi,
    Oh! That cake looks so luscious!

    I love pearls and teacups too.

    Hopefully,the sun shines soon- I think we are due for some good weather now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cake looks sooo yummy!
    Love the tea cups.
    *hugs* Gweny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandi: I love that white lace tea cup. It is so beautiful. That cake looks so good. Thank you for sharing it with us this week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely...tea and white cake...i am refreshed... thank you, sandi. -xok.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so pretty! My mouth is watering for a bite of the lovely cake.
    Lady Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Sandi,
    I saw the cake already at your Mother's day post, but enjoy so much to have another peek on it. Such a lovely cake, would also suit for a wedding perfect. Your posts are always the most romantic.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI Sandi,
    How I adore your Blog. Your "lacy" plates are wonderful.I love your lacy trimed teapot I've seen you share previously. I too decorate with a lot of white and clear glass. Just so fun to change with the seasons.
    Come on over and see my new post. You'll learn why Naples NY is so purple! Have a truly blessed week, Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sandi..Loved the look of the lace napkin with the silverware in it and the floral napkin ring. Very pretty. I'll have to remember that. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sandi - I love all your whites! Your tea party sounds lovely.... that beautiful cake looks (almost) too good to eat! Happy White Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish I had your flair for making everything look so elegant. I especially love the silver in the lace napkin! Wishing you a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your bouquet is so lovely! The baby's breath are the crowning touch. And speaking of babies, Jenna-Lynn has the most adorable smile! Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think my comment is gone from yesterday. I love the cake too! It is so pretty! Very nice china too. Thanks for linking this up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very elegant! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.