Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Thursday 13 May 2010

Pearls and Lace Thursday


Hi everyone~ Today I am joining Doni at Faith, Grace, and Crafts for her Pearls and Lace Thursday party.
Doni is also having her first Giveaway so do stop by her blog and check it out.

I have doilies everywhere in my home. I love to use them in different ways to lend a delicate touch or soften an edge on a shelf. Often they show up in an unexpected place such as here in the powder room.

I received this lovely lace angel from a friend for my birthday one year and it hangs on the front of the robin egg blue chest in the living room. My friend made this angel so it is even more special because of that. As you can see, she is adorned with tiny pearls.

Last week hubby and I celebrated an Anniversay by going out to a nice dinner. I wore my pearls and lace with a pale blue velvet jacket. I always feel so feminine when I wear them!

As with all my Pearls and Lace posts, I like to end it with a treasure like the Good Book. Just like pearls and lace, it never goes out of style! Have you read it lately? There's some good stuff in there!


Thanks for stopping by today and please take a moment to visit Doni at http://faithgracecrafts.blogspot.com/

Enjoy your evening everyone and God bless you!

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

13 comments :

  1. Hi Sandi,
    I bet you looked so pretty in your pearls and lace. Happy Anniversary!
    I love your little angel and she looks so pretty hanging on that gorgeous chest.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! I have never heard of Pearls and Lace Thursday, and I will definitely check it out! Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED your dress and pearls. How pretty you must have looked. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! The angel on that gorgeous chest is just precious as well. I soo enjoyed this post...HUGS AND BLESSINGS, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love doilies too! Beautiful angel and chest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi!!! Thanks so much for joining me for P And L~!!! Your post is gorgeous, and the last pic is my fave, but followed closely by the beautiful lace top and pearls! Happiest of Anniversaries to you and your husband, and many many more blessings!!
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post, Sandi. And wow, that blue chest looks yummy!! Please show us an entire pic of it soon!!!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi, happy anniversary! The lace dress and the pearls are really beautiful , romantic and very feminin. I am sure, you looked gorgeous. I love doilies also and have several different in use. In former times I used to crochet some by myself. Thanks for this nice post.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandi, I love the lace angel, your pearls and blouse and your photo with pearls, roses and the Bible - there are definitely many pearls of wisdom there! I enjoy your blog and enjoy your visits!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandi,
    That is such a lovely lace angel!! So very pretty!! As is everything in this beautiful post!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK Sandi! I just couldn't stand it! I've added my Canadian friends to the giveaway on my blog too!!! I realized that it couldn't be all that much more expensive to ship there, so why not??? You are added to the giveaway and so are all my Canadian friends! Thanks so much!
    Doni

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sweet Sandi...All your pearls look so pretty! Your little angel is so sweet, too! And, you are right, the Bible with pearls, so lovely....we always need its wisdom!

    How scary to go thru a tornado when you are pregnant! I went thru one, once long ago when my first four were wee and I never want to do it again!!!!
    See you tomorrow at Pink Saturday!
    Smiles,
    Jil

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.