Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Saturday 17 April 2010

Spiritual Sundays


Happy weekend everyone and welcome to my Spiritual Sundays post! For more inspirationals please click on the link to visit Charlotte and Ginger and all the other Spiritual Sundays participants. http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/


My youngest son had given his father a book for Christmas penned by N.T. Wright which I am also reading at the present moment. I like his writings and I came across this quote which I would like to share with you:



"Our task as image-bearing, God-loving, Christ-shaped, Spirit-filled Christians, following Christ and shaping our world, is to announce redemption to a world which has discovered its fallenness, to announce healing to a world that has discovered its brokenness, to proclaim love and trust to a world that knows only exploitation, fear and suspicion.... The gospel of Jesus points us and indeed urges us to be at the leading edge of the whole culture, articulating in story and music and art and philosophy and education and poetry and politics and theology and even-- heaven help us-- biblical studies, a world view that will mount the historically-rooted Christian challenge to both modernity and postmodernity, leading the way.... with joy and humor and gentleness and good judgement and true wisdom. I believe if we face the question, "if not now, then when?" if we are grasped by this vision we may also hear the question, "if not us, then who?" and if the gospel of Jesus is not the key to this task, then what is?" - N. T. Wright


Thank you for stopping by and I pray you will be blessed and be a blessing this weekend.

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

21 comments :

  1. Thank you for sharing that. We often forget what He wants us to do....is to share the Good News to others who don't know about it. Our salvation doesn't stop at just accepting it. We are commanded to share it. Blessings to you sister Sandi and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus said "If I be lifted up , I draw all men to me ". John 12:32 He was lifted up literally when he died on the cross, but we can continue to lift him up by our witness to the world ."He is the same yesterday, today & forever." Heb. 13:8
    Blessings,
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If not now, then when?" this IS what I have been asking myself recently... The time is NOW to live boldly for Him and to tell of His power to as many who will hear. Have a wonderful week-end Sandi...Oh, and I love your "pink" things too. = )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thoughts, Sandi. Too often, I'm guilty of wanting someone else to do the work. Jesus said, "the harvest is plenty, but the workers are few." We all have a job to do for His kingdom.

    Blessings,

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. What profound, God-given words. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is good! I hope that some non belivers read this. Thank-you for taking the time to share this.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so true. Thank you for sharing these wonderful words of wisdom.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for sharing these wonderful words with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this great quote. I have several of N.T. Wright's books. He is one of my favorites. I just looked over at a stack of books and saw one of his: Surprised By Hope.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the great commission, isn't it? We had best get busy being about our Father's business. Thank you for a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good thoughts Sandi...and a good reminder that we are God's voice in sharing the gift of salvation wtih others.. God bless....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! Jesus is at the center of our hearts and our home... we are all a work in progress! Thank you so much for visiting my site and commenting it means alot!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi: Have a great Sunday. Love what you shared. As usual, very inspiring. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love visiting your blog~`very lovely and inspiring~~Have a wonderful week.

    Blessings
    marian elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing this thought provoking quote. Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like that, Sandi, thank you. Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, Sandi,
    Thank you for sharing these writings. They are so very true, and our broken world needs to know of the love of Jesus now more than ever. I e-mailed you, but in case it did not get through, I would like to participate in your tea party. Love and blessings, my friend! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sandi...

    What a sweet passage from Mr. Wright's book...so inspirational! It is really so easy, isn't it? To just tell others what Jesus has done for us...and yet, we often complicate that simply task! I am so thankful for all that Christ has done for me...I accepted Him as Lord and Savior of my life 32 yrs. ago! Thank you for sharing this wonderful excerpt with us, my friend!

    I just wanted to come by to meet you, Sandi! This is my very first visit to your delightful blog! Thank you so much for coming by and taking a peek at my springtime tea and for leaving such a sweet note! I also really appreciate the personal invitation to join your Tuesday Tea! I was unaware of your tea party...but then blogland is a big ol' place! Hehe! I would love to join in with your tea. I will try to go back into my post and add your link! Thank you so much!!!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  19. That was a beautiful post. Thank you and also Thank you for joining my blog and the comments you made.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.