Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Saturday 30 January 2010

Spiritual Sundays


"WE ARE HIS WORKMANSHIP." ~ Ephesians 2:10
We see it as we walk along the ocean shore, where steep cliffs meet with the rise and fall of the tides. The splashing of sand-and rock-laden waves have cut away at the towering sea cliffs. Day after day, night after night, the continual lapping of the ocean water silently undercuts the stone walls. Then in one sudden blow the entire structure can shift and fall thundering into the sea. On a daily basis, the wear and tear of water on sea cliffs is imperceptible, yet we know that every wave hitting the rock is washing away some of its hard surface.

Every person subjected to the endless wear and tear of life develops faults and cracks in their life. In God's hands, however, those stresses and changes become His tools for shaping our life for His purpose. As our lives are yielded to and shaped by Him, He creates within us the ability to resonate His presence.

The varied and often difficult experiences of life, given to God, are how He transforms each individual into something beautiful. The Holy Spirit can work wonders on the rough edges of our stubborn wills and hard hearts, conforming them to His own will.

Trust Him to take all that happens to you - both good and bad- and make you stronger and wiser, using you in His great plan. (Excerpts taken from "Tea Time with God."}

Thank you for stopping by today. Please visit Charlotte and Ginger at Spiritual Sundays http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/ There you will be refreshed in your spirit and meet some very nice folks. Please remember our sister Charlotte as she undergoes surgery on Monday.

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

24 comments :

  1. What beautiful imagery. Thank you!
    I live on an island and walk the beaches frequently. Now I will think of this, and how God is shaping my life for His purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw your prayer request for your family battling cancer.
    My husband has Colon Cancer. So, I know it's tough. Will pray. Visit my other blog, which is about Cancer http://ronsroad2recovery.blogspot.com
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great anology. Soo true. Thanks for sharing this. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Sandi. Thank you for sharing these truths with us.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family and I love taking vacations near the ocean. We loved those cliffs sculpted well by the waves of the sea. So beautiful.

    I love the analogy in relation to our life's journey. What a beautiful outcome it will be if we completely surrender to the One Who is the Master Sculptor. May God bless you sister and strengthen you. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so lovely! I just love how you can put words on a page and a picture in my head! Thank you for your post!
    I will add Charlotte to my prayer list!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how GOD works miracles in our hearts and lives.
    Hugs, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never ceases to amaze me how He brings to us ...

    Charlotte will be lifted in prayer.

    Have a wonderful week.
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Ephesians might be my favorite book in the whole Bible and Ephesian 2:10 might be my favorite verse. Thanks for sharing this lovely post.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great little book that TeaTime with God must be. Thanks for sharing part of it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. God can indeed do wonders with the messes we make of our lives, if we just give Him all the pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never thought of it like this. Thank you for opening my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so true...He shapes us with whatever we have to go through....I used to wonder where He was...not anymore....I'm just really glad He pulled me out....and is using me now. blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The difficult experiences of life always bring me closer to God. Thank-you for this great post today.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sandi, such a beautiful post!

    Thank you so much for posting my giveaway button. I really appreciate it!

    Blessings, Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a beautiful post and process that he softly takes us through

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sandi,
    Yes, it is a long process but I am glad that God is by my side all the way. What a beautiful post!


    Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a wonderful devotion and one I needed to hear. thank you so much.
    Blessings always!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautifully expressed. Do you know that the word workmanship in the Greek is poiema meaning a work of art. We are His masterpiece, His poem, His creation.

    I love stopping by here for tea with you! I've a fondness for all things tea.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sandi darling, I just joined your followers and will certainly include everyone in my prayers.

    To good heath. Blessings

    Duchess

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.