Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Saturday 21 November 2009

Spiritual Sundays


Hello everyone! It's time for Spiritual Sundays again and I'm so thankful to Charlotte and Ginger for hosting. Please take some time to visit with these lovely ladies and all their SS participants. You will be glad you did!

You may click on the link http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/ or the Spiritual Sundays button on my sidebar.
If you would indulge me, I would like to share another devotional from 'Our Daily Bread' today.
PRECIOUS FRUIT
How much would you be willing to pay for a piece of fruit? In Japan, someone paid more than $6,000 for one Dansuke watermelon. Grown only on the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido, this beautiful dark-green sphere looks like a bowling ball. The nearly 18-pound watermelon was one of only a few thousand available that year. The fruit's rarity brought an astronomical price on the market.
Christians have fruit that is far more precious than the Dansuke watermelon. It's called the fruit of the Spirit: "love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control" {Gal. 5:22-23}. Each fruit is a different aspect of Christlikeness. In the Gospels, we see how Christ exemplifies these virtues. Now He wants to produce them in our hearts - in what we we say, how we think, and how we respond to life. { John 15:1-4}.
A rare and delicious fruit may bring a premium price in the marketplace, but Christlike character is of far greater worth. As we confess all known sin and yield to God's indwelling Spirit, our lives will be transformed to the likeness of Christ. {1John 1:9; Eph. 5:18}
This spiritual fruit will fill our lives with joy, bless those around us, and last into eternity.
- Dennis Fisher
FRUITFULNESS FOR CHRIST DEPENDS ON FELLOWSHIP WITH CHRIST.
Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

20 comments :

  1. How interesting. I can't imagine a melon costing that much. It is so true though that the fruits of the spirit are priceless. Thanks for sharing this with us today.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this...fruitfullness depends of fellowship....
    Great post.
    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you and thank you for sharing this important lesson.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I would want to buy that expensive melon when the fruits of the Spirit is free! Except the only price we have to pay is "obedience"...Have a great weekend to you sister and Happy Thanksgiving as well. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The spiritual fruit is the fruit that I desire and crave. What a story I could not even emagine paying that much for one fruit. Could you emagine how many people that money could feed.
    Thank-you for this great post today.
    God Bless,

    p.s. I just love looking at the little girl knocking on the door everytime I come to your blog, it's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a very good devotional and soo true. The price of the mellon was of course ridiculous, and yet the fruit of the spirit is free and still people pass them up. Interesting...thanks for sharing this. Have a very blessed Thanksgiving...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to taste that melon, wouldn't you? :) Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post and a great reminder of the kind of character that the Lord wants us to develop:D ~Have a most Blessed Sunday ~Heather ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandi, thanks for a great post...so much for us to think about. I love the scriptures on the Fruit of the Spirit,and teach its principles to my grandchildren...I had them memorize them this last summer, and found some great websites for children that they could relate to. I love what you've posted here...to bear fruit from the true Vine...what a blessing, and to willingly be pruned so that we are healthy and produce much for Him is my heart's desire.

    God bless,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really spoke to my heart today. Just what I needed. Of course our dear Lord knows that . Thank you and have a blessed day!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fruitfulness depends on fellowship is so true! Fruit doesn't have to work hard to mature, it just has to "be" and stay connected to the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing. Your devotional illustrated these great truths in a marvelous way. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandi,
    That was a lovely devotional - thanks for sharing it with us. I love the message you shared with us today.


    Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing that men can price a thing so out of sight, while ignoring a more valuable item.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great point made here! Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful post, thank you, and thank God for the gifts of the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have you ever heard the children's song "Fruit of the Spirit"? I was singing it in my head while reading your post.

    I used to receive "The Daily Bread" and enjoyed the writings each day. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Come celebrate your home with us at the house in the roses... Show Off Your Cottage Monday is up! ;)

    Hugss
    cielo

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.