Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 16 November 2009

Help! I Need A New Angel!

Hello everyone~ Well, I started to put the lights on the Christmas tree this morning. Yes, I know, I'm very early but it takes me such a long time to decorate my home and my son is coming home for the Holidays earlier this year, so I need to get the decorating done. Since Canada celebrates Thanksgiving in October, we are free to start thinking about Christmas a little earlier!
So, I had the Christmas music on and got all the lights on the tree then to my dismay, the tree topper angel I have had since 1989 wasn't working. Twenty years, I've had her. She was so pretty sitting up there on top of the tree and now she'll only do in a center piece or something. Very disappointing! So now I'm on the hunt for a replacement. Have you noticed how big they're making the angel tree toppers now? I hope I can find one that is just right!Not too big, not too small, but just right. I feel like Goldilocks trying out the porridge and the furniture!

Have a beautiful day and wish me success in finding a new angel, won't you?

Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

7 comments :

  1. Sandi, I hope you find her! That one was so lovely. Give yourself time, and if you can't find an angel you like, use a star and keep looking till the right one appears.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi
    That is disappointing that your long time winged gal will not work for you any more...but what fun to seek out a new Christmas angel!I love buying new things to decorate the house for Christmas...my niece has just made me a beautiful new wreath, I can hardly wait to put up...I usually wait till the first weekend of December.
    Have fun
    Gracie
    PS: Do you all have snow yet? We don't...so unusual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying you find just the right one.
    Blessings and hugs, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi!
    I say keep the one you have, and get you some of those lights that work on a battery, you can put them up inside of her and she will work as good as new. She is to pretty not to have her place of honor.

    Love it. Thanks for the share of the beautiful beauty.

    Country hugs...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi,
    I think your idea of putting this angel topper into a centerpiece is a great idea! I know you will find a replacement but it may take a while...sometimes the hunt can be a lot of fun too!


    Hugs,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your angle hunt. Can you just replace her bulb?How wonderful that your son will be home for the holidays and you will have the tree up and ready. Blessings!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi,
    You are getting a good headstart on your decorating.
    Have fun looking for a new tree topper.
    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.