Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Wednesday 7 October 2009

REDnesday

Hello everyone! It's Wednesday and you know what that means- REDnesday! I'm joining Sue at It's A Very Cherry World for another REDnesday.

Normally I share something pretty or yummy on this day but today I'm taking a little rabbit trail away from my usual post. You see, I enjoy all kinds of things, not just pretty things and that includes old barns and houses. It also includes old tractors which is what I'm going to share with you today.

For some reason I am drawn to old tractors, probably because my Daddy always liked them. I guess it brings back fond memories of him and memories of when I spent time on my Grampy's farm. Old tractors seem to evoke warm cozy memories within my heart. So today, I would like to share some pictures of tractors with you. They're red of course!
A red Massey Ferguson.
Two antique tractors.

This handsome machine is a tractor for sale that my son's father-in-law has sitting in his driveway.
Lastly, there is this one-

And yeah, you guessed it, that's me! I couldn't resist getting up on that old red tractor at Jewel's Country Market. My Daddy would be proud! It took some doing for me to get up there too so I hope you appreciate the picture!

That's it folks, so now I hope you will make your way over to Sue's and see what she and all her other red fans are offering today. Just click on the link http://suelovescherries.blogspot.com/ or the REDnesday button on my sidebar.


Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

18 comments :

  1. Those are some great tractors.
    Love the picture of you on the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi! Now aren't you just the cutest thing up on that red tractor! Did you have a hard time getting down? :) I know I would have.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie upon that tractor! I love farm-anything. I have several posts on our rod travel with old buildings & barns & a few tractors ... it is so Americana, our children won't know these beautiful 'things' as do we.

    Have a bright sunny day.
    TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tractors - yay! I love them, too! There's a farm down the street from me that has an "Old Coots Tractor Pull" a few times a year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the red tractor in the snow.

    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Bloggy Anniversary Sandi May you have many more posts.
    Now that! my hubby would love...that nice shinny red tractor your sitting on... Not sure what he would do with it, but I know he would love it.
    Have a great week
    Love Claudie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the red tractors. The second song that goes wtih my red post today is about driving tractors. I was a bit sentimental today too.
    Hugs,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the tractor pictures. My husband and brother are restoring an old Case tractor. This past summer they did some bartering for it. My husband and brother cut, split and stacked 4 full cords of wood in exchange for it. My brother had been eyeing this tractor that had been abandoned in this man's field for years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the red tractors! What a fun thing to do - "Rednesday." Glad I stopped by.
    Grace and peace ~
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,

    I completely understand why you like tractors, they are so much fun!
    Thanks for reminding me old adventures...


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sandi
    I love the pics...my grandpa had a red one like the one your on,brings back some lovely memories...thanx for sharing...if I'd known about Rednesday,I could have included my red leaves...thanx for your visit.
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look great on that red tractor! I always get so envious when I see that people live on farms, or in the country...that's been my heart's desire forever, but the door has never opened for us to leave our little city. Glad someone is out there having so much fun!

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to drive one of those things back in my growing up on the farm days.
    Hope you got down okay-oh the things we do for our blogging friends!
    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi, thank you so much for your prayers this morning for Amy. It means so much.

    You looked adorable up there on that tractor great post today.

    Blessings,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Second attempt to leave a message, computer is fickle lately. I will keep this one short in case the other shows up. Love the old tractors , sparks some old memories of my grandfather's.
    Blessings!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sandi,

    love, love, love it!!

    Girl, I hope you didn't pull a muscle getting up and down. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sandi:
    Since you are remembering my Daddy's tractor and your Grandfather's it reminds me of my love to see 'cows' in the open pastures grazing. Why? Probably because we had to bring them in each night for milking. Strange how these things seem to touch our hearts....Love your post...
    Auntie P
    PS: Writing from Medicine Hat, AB. Lots of cattle here in the open prairies. We are leaving in the AM....Hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.