Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Friday 9 January 2009

A Gift of Remembrance


The last church Hubby and I pastored was a small country church with a small but close knit congregation. When it was time for us to leave, a very special couple there gave me this lovely doll. They wanted to give me something to remember them by and something they knew I would love. They were aware of my love for dolls and they were aware of my love for hats because I usually wore one to the service; especially in the wintertime.

Needless to say, this lovely lady will always remind me of them! Isn't she a pretty thing?

































3 comments :

  1. How beautiful and more so because of the memories attached to her. How very thoughtful of the couple to present you the doll and I'm sure when you look at her you say a prayer for them. God bless you, Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi,
    She is beautiful indeed.Such a thoughtful gift.
    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The doll is beautiful and looks so pretty by the pink lamp. What a nice gift they gave you.
    I'm glad you took the Smiley award. That was cute for Pink Saturday. Why didn't I think of that?
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.