Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 8 December 2008

Christmas Ornaments With Memories

The Christmas tree is up, the centerpieces have been made, and now it's time to share with you some of my decorations. First up is the centerpiece I made for the dining room table. I decorated the kitchen and dining room in red this year. I usually decorate the chandelier but decided not to this year.






















Next I would like to share with you some of my ornaments. Each one is special and tells a story.












The lace covered ball is a gift from a friend because she knows I love Victorian. The mirrored pear behind it is one of the very first ornaments I ever bought when I got married. There had been a matching apple but I lost it in a flood.











The cute drummer bear is a gift from my youngest son Jordan.










This little rocking horse was given to me by Joel, my middle son, when he was 9 years old.






This beauty was given to me by my Mum. It is a Lemoges. There is also a pink one. They each have a butterfly on top.
The nativity ornament was given to me by my sister many years ago. It has quite a story behind it! One year, we had a flooded basement which is where all the ornaments were stored. I was able to salvage only a few. This was one of them. It had completely fallen apart and I had to set each piece to dry out on the window sill and then glue the pieces all back together. I am so thankful I was able to fix it up and continue to hang it on my tree!











The dove is new this year.











This little drum has been on the tree since my boys were all little.



I love this little cottage. I would live in it if I
could!








This beautiful ornament was a gift from my son Jeff and his wife.
Tomorrow I will show you a few more and also my Christmas tree. Have a lovely day everyone.

3 comments :

  1. Lovely decorations. It's such fun to visit different blogs and see how they decorate.
    Stop by my blog when you have time. I have an award there for you.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sandi,
    It's nice to meet you. Thank you for stopping by and for the sweet comments. It's always nice to meet another sister in the Lord! Your home looks so warm and inviting and beautiful for the Christmas season! I love your red toile curtains! Have a blessed Christmas season!
    Blessings,
    Victoria Lynn

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.