Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Photography, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday, 20 October 2008

Sharing some of my treasures....





I would like to take you on a little tour of some of my treasures.



Should I paint this shelf white?

























Dishes above the dining room window.
















Some of the red toile and Rose Chintz dishes which I collect. Some of the Rose Chintz was given to me by my aunt and some of it I got on eBay.






Do you remember the little white china tray I bought at the tea room in New Glasgow? Here it is with a little teapot I also got.






Remember I said I didn't know what I was going to do with the tray? Well, I went to English Butler and found these egg cups which are a perfect match to the tray.
Now I have a place to keep my egg cups when my youngest son comes home from university.
He likes his egg in an egg cup, as do I.

I also found a spaghetti holder and tea-for-one that match the egg cups. They look smashing on the kitchen counter! The teapot has a decorative border around the bottom of the pot which matches the little tray and egg cups. Sorry, I should have taken a picture to show you.



Well, that's the tour for today....thanks for coming along!

4 comments:

  1. Love your rose chintz china! I have some pieces like your ivory tray, but not that particular one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would leave the shelf just the way it is, matches your cabinets. You have a special touch in decorating with dishes. Buying china plates are a weakness for me, my cabinet is full of odd plates that are so pretty. One of my favorite old patterns is one called "Devonshire". Bought 8 plates last year while shopping at antique mall in Atlanta, GA.
    Blessings-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi,

    I love all your pretty dishes.
    Where did you get your pretty red and white teapot?
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with your egg cups and mirror! I need one of those :)

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY! ~ Sandi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...